• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 6) Sharks at Red Wings - 5:00PM

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the funniest part of this ridiculous and absurd Marleau bashing spree is that when the team was up 3-0 in the series. It was great how the other 17 guys on the ice were contributing to the cause.

Now all of sudden they lose 3 in a row and it falls on one mans shoulders but the other 17 guys get a pass. Completely redonkulous

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the funniest part of this ridiculous and absurd Marleau bashing spree is that when the team was up 3-0 in the series. It was great how the other 17 guys on the ice were contributing to the cause.

Now all of sudden they lose 3 in a row and it falls on one mans shoulders but the other 17 guys get a pass. Completely redonkulous

i don't know about you but i think he has sucked the entire playoffs...but when shit gets bad...it starts to come out in the posts i think more than before...

either way, he really does need to score some goals! preferably in the next game. lol.

and you better be eating a double down, don't be gutless korky.

Ron_Swanson

Aggressive Forechecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm all out of excuses for Marleau not producing in the post season.

Certainly it takes 20 guys to win or lose but the team's leaders have a more important role in this. Roenick didn't say what he did just to be a dick. He said it because it was a spot on assessment of #12's play.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
oh so wait only marleau has to do that but not your man crush pavelski? your expectations are borderline ridiculous if not insane. no player in the history game have that ability with exception to maybe bob orr.

no one's been defending marleaus way, yep ludicrous expectations for 1 player. if that's the case is applied to pavelski,thornton,clowe,heatley, and boyle as well.

even if the sharks get past the red wings, they want nothing left against vancouver

Yes, he does. It is borderline insane to expect good two-way play and point-per-game production from a 7M face of the franchise?

Datsyuk, zetterberg, crosby, malkin, perry, getzlaf, st. louis, richards, kane, toews... All of them have won because they were the 1-2 on a team and performed consistenty with heart. If that is too much to ask or unreasonable expectation, then that speaks for itself.

As for Pavelski, he is paired with mitchell and wellwood and cannot be held to the same production standard. Besides, no one ever questions his heart and that is what this whole thing is about.

Have others disappointed? yes. heater hasnt been a 7.5M player. Jumbo, for all his good play still never scores and that ultimately lessens his value tremendously and he has been pretty ineffective the last 3 games. But, This is Jumbo and Gutless' team. It has to be for them to succeed. They are the soul of the franchise and they have to perform consistently and effectively for the sharks to go anywhere. Yes, they need help from others. Yes, pavs, clowe, cooch, gooch, boyle and others need to chip in, but this team cannot win in the PO's against the best teams in the league unless jumbo and gutless step it up. Honestly, in the 3 Losses, jumbo has just 1 assist and -3, so it's not like he's producing much either, so its not just gutless, and you are absolutely right about that.

But, at least this year, the only player whose heart has been called into question and whose play has hurt the team most of all has clearly been gutless.

btw: I have been disappointed with pavs thus far too actually. he is a big part of the PP failures thus far. His shots are getting blocked way too much and he needs to figure it out as well. He does have a very important role on the team and he isn't fulfilling it enough. I look for him to have a strong game 7 as well.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all out of excuses for Marleau not producing in the post season.

Certainly it takes 20 guys to win or lose but the team's leaders have a more important role in this. Roenick didn't say what he did just to be a dick. He said it because it was a spot on assessment of #12's play.

Are you Finnhead?

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he does. It is borderline insane to expect good two-way play and point-per-game production from a 7M face of the franchise?

Datsyuk, zetterberg, crosby, malkin, perry, getzlaf, st. louis, richards, kane, toews... All of them have won because they were the 1-2 on a team and performed consistenty with heart. If that is too much to ask or unreasonable expectation, then that speaks for itself.

As for Pavelski, he is paired with mitchell and wellwood and cannot be held to the same production standard. Besides, no one ever questions his heart and that is what this whole thing is about.

Have others disappointed? yes. heater hasnt been a 7.5M player. Jumbo, for all his good play still never scores and that ultimately lessens his value tremendously and he has been pretty ineffective the last 3 games. But, This is Jumbo and Gutless' team. It has to be for them to succeed. They are the soul of the franchise and they have to perform consistently and effectively for the sharks to go anywhere. Yes, they need help from others. Yes, pavs, clowe, cooch, gooch, boyle and others need to chip in, but this team cannot win in the PO's against the best teams in the league unless jumbo and gutless step it up. Honestly, in the 3 Losses, jumbo has just 1 assist and -3, so it's not like he's producing much either, so its not just gutless, and you are absolutely right about that.

But, at least this year, the only player whose heart has been called into question and whose play has hurt the team most of all has clearly been gutless.

btw: I have been disappointed with pavs thus far too actually. he is a big part of the PP failures thus far. His shots are getting blocked way too much and he needs to figure it out as well. He does have a very important role on the team and he isn't fulfilling it enough. I look for him to have a strong game 7 as well.

+1. Is this going to be another off-season when we learn that PM was playing with Irritable Bowel Syndrome or just a bad case of the Trotts? :Cry:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TMac needs to do some big time coaching. The team is no doubt shell shocked and it's up to him to erase their minds of the past three games and just get them to focus on the task at hand.

Win 1 game at home.

Reading all the doom posts, while warranted, is pretty depressing. I'll just get my bottle of Crown Royal ready and think of all this as entertainment. Cause either way, win or lose on Thursday, it's pretty damn entertaining, this Sharks hockey.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
TMac needs to do some big time coaching. The team is no doubt shell shocked and it's up to him to erase their minds of the past three games and just get them to focus on the task at hand.

Win 1 game at home.

Reading all the doom posts, while warranted, is pretty depressing. I'll just get my bottle of Crown Royal ready and think of all this as entertainment. Cause either way, win or lose on Thursday, it's pretty damn entertaining, this Sharks hockey.

That is absolutely right. the truth is that it's one game at home. The sharks can win it. Also, if they do pull it off, it will dispel so many demons that I think they would definitely have a real shot against the nucks. I am not so 100% pessimistic regarding tuesday. If both teams work hard, the sharks are the better one. Howard is still quite beatable as the weak cooch goal showed last game. nemo has SC winning experience, so the sharks still have the edge in net. if clowey is back (god willing), they have a shot. After all, I still think the sharks are the better team, they just have to match the energy and heart.

If they dont show up for game 7, at home, against their biggest rival, after one of their main leaders was called gutless, with history staring them in the face, then we at least all know what this team is made of once and for all. however, if they answer the bell and deliver a win, then we will all celebrate and move on.

Thursday is arguably the most important game in franchise history. We stand at a crossroads for the current generation of sharks brass. Are we actually the biggest chokers in the entire league and among the biggest in the history of the sport? Or, have we turned the corner to be a real contending team? What unreal drama... (blink, blink, blink...)

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Win 1 game at home.

That is absolutely right. the truth is that it's one game at home. The sharks can win it. Also, if they do pull it off, it will dispel so many demons that I think they would definitely have a real shot against the nucks. I am not so 100% pessimistic regarding tuesday. If both teams work hard, the sharks are the better one. Howard is still quite beatable as the weak cooch goal showed last game. nemo has SC winning experience, so the sharks still have the edge in net. if clowey is back (god willing), they have a shot. After all, I still think the sharks are the better team, they just have to match the energy and heart.

If they dont show up for game 7, at home, against their biggest rival, after one of their main leaders was called gutless, with history staring them in the face, then we at least all know what this team is made of once and for all. however, if they answer the bell and deliver a win, then we will all celebrate and move on.

Thursday is arguably the most important game in franchise history. We stand at a crossroads for the current generation of sharks brass. Are we actually the biggest chokers in the entire league and among the biggest in the history of the sport? Or, have we turned the corner to be a real contending team? What unreal drama... (blink, blink, blink...)

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm... yes?

Why do you even need to ask that, dude? I guess keep the faith and all but c'mon... Hah!

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys seriously realistically expect Marleau to do? Let's discuss.

You think there's some magical switch he can just flip on (that he had to "OFF" this whole time)? Just because he got called out?

:L

I dont think there is a magic switch that will allow him to score 14 goals and take over the game... my problem is that it doesn't look as though he is interested in trying.

His game has never been about getting physical, demanding space in the prime scoring areas, and winning those battles in the paint that are just necessary in the playoffs. I firmly believe this is why he does well in the regular season and open ended games in the PO, but not in tight physical games...

and the oppostion knows this.

He has one more game to make a believer out of me.. and I stated elsewhere that I'll take a giant serving of crow. Its up to him. We will see tomorrow.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dont think there is a magic switch that will allow him to score 14 goals and take over the game... my problem is that it doesn't look as though he is interested in trying.

His game has never been about getting physical, demanding space in the prime scoring areas, and winning those battles in the paint that are just necessary in the playoffs. I firmly believe this is why he does well in the regular season and open ended games in the PO, but not in tight physical games...

and the oppostion knows this.

He has one more game to make a believer out of me.. and I stated elsewhere that I'll take a giant serving of crow. Its up to him. We will see tomorrow.

Agreed. No one is asking gutless to run over guys and get into a fight. Noone is even asking him to win tough net front battles. His main assets are his speed and his shot. How many times have wee seen him rev up and start moving at full speed? Like never. Part of that is the wings neutral zone play, but a lot of it is gutless deciding he doesnt really care to do it. There is no other explanation for the incredible up and downs this guy has.

As you said, he has one game to prove his mettle.

p.s.: On the bright side, cooch looks amazing. For a barely 22 year old, his two way play and demeanor are extremely impressive. Yes, he turned it over for the GWG, but he owned it 100% and his play has been inspirational. No matter what happens with tomorrow, Cooch may be the best draft pick the sharks have ever made, and that bodes really really well for a very long time.

With clowe, couture, pavelski all improving each year, and hopefully seto able to advance his game as he too is just 24, the sharks have an incredible depth up front that earns an average of only like 2-3M pr year. Also, with demers too (just 22 yo), the sharks have a legit top 4 dman who costs only just over 1M. That is a ton of great play out of very inexpensive guys. If they got better value out of the 21+ million at the top of the forward crew, they really would be tough to stop...

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
speaking of which, if the sharks do bow out, and do choose to make some major changes up front, I would be quite interested in trying to land richards and gagne to replace whoever goes. Richards for 5 yrs 40M. yes its a ton of cash (8M per), and yes he is an injury risk, but if you want proven guys who have shown they can come through when it matters, richards is the best available. Gagne is a major injury risk too, but he plays a great speed game and also has proven himself in the PO's with some pretty clutch goals. he might not be expensive either given his injuries. its risky, but if they are healthy, they are much better than heater-gutless and I would even say richards>jumbo only based on PO history (he has been better than point-per-game every PO since 03-04 except for 07-08 when he had 15 pts in 18 games). He's a proven guy, pure and simple.

Obviously I hope they win and then this conversation is moot, and of course dougie's MO is to avoid the UFA market like the plague, so clearly this is all a pipe dream, but nevertheless, it would sure be nice to have a landed, legit proven PO performer up front.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. No one is asking gutless to run over guys and get into a fight. Noone is even asking him to win tough net front battles. His main assets are his speed and his shot. How many times have wee seen him rev up and start moving at full speed? Like never. Part of that is the wings neutral zone play, but a lot of it is gutless deciding he doesnt really care to do it. There is no other explanation for the incredible up and downs this guy has.

As you said, he has one game to prove his mettle.

p.s.: On the bright side, cooch looks amazing. For a barely 22 year old, his two way play and demeanor are extremely impressive. Yes, he turned it over for the GWG, but he owned it 100% and his play has been inspirational. No matter what happens with tomorrow, Cooch may be the best draft pick the sharks have ever made, and that bodes really really well for a very long time.

With clowe, couture, pavelski all improving each year, and hopefully seto able to advance his game as he too is just 24, the sharks have an incredible depth up front that earns an average of only like 2-3M pr year. Also, with demers too (just 22 yo), the sharks have a legit top 4 dman who costs only just over 1M. That is a ton of great play out of very inexpensive guys. If they got better value out of the 21+ million at the top of the forward crew, they really would be tough to stop...

As long as we're going overboard you'll agree to never criticize him again if he proves it in this ONE GAME, right? Defend him to the death, he will have proven it, once and for all. In one game. The most important game in franchise history. The only game that has ever mattered in the history of ever.

BTW, if you keep referring to him as Gutless rather than his given name or a more universally accepted pseudonym (Captain Blinky or Patricia are both just too respectful, huh?) then I propose people stop calling you Rules and start calling you Toolbag. I'm quite certain JR would agree if he ever met you.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we're going overboard you'll agree to never criticize him again if he proves it in this ONE GAME, right? Defend him to the death, he will have proven it, once and for all. In one game. The most important game in franchise history. The only game that has ever mattered in the history of ever.

BTW, if you keep referring to him as Gutless rather than his given name or a more universally accepted pseudonym (Captain Blinky or Patricia are both just too respectful, huh?) then I propose people stop calling you Rules and start calling you Toolbag. I'm quite certain JR would agree if he ever met you.

Priceless. LOL! +rep for that...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Hey bask, I was just quoting caliraft man and agreeing that he has to prove himself tomorrow. And, no, if he plays well tomorrow and they win and then goes scoreless in the Vancouver series, it wont be enough. However, at the very least, he will have done something to help rather than be just damaging and if he does do well tomorrow and they win, it gives him a repreive for his performance this series and the opportunity to prove that he isnt the lead choker on a team of chokers. Also, I am definitely not alone in calling the guy gutless. many others are too and for god reason. If you are mad because its getting harder and harder to defend the guy and because his true colors are showing for the entire hockey world to see, then dont take it out on me. Take it out on him...

lastly, if he had a history of winning and performed at a nice clip in the PO's, then noone would be all over him like they are. However, in the last 5 years, he's barely even half a point a game, and hes a big minus player. For a guy making 7M a year, thats just not very good. So, this year's performance comes in the context of a long history of disappointment from the guy. Read the article in the merc: it says that he is doing it again, again...

p.s.: if you give me 7M to float around the ice all day, you can call me whatever the hell you want! He's a professional hockey player who isnt trying and he gets paid a ton of money to produce, so just as he gets credit if he steps up, he takes flack if her doesnt. That's what it means to be a pro-sports player and command millions of dollars. He deserves every gutless reference he gets from me, the several other posters who do so as well, and much of the hockey world.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to defend yourself. I was only pointing out how ridiculous it was getting, man. People agreeing doesn't make you right. People disagreeing doesn't make me right. I'm sure I could find people who think you're a Toolbag. I'm sure you could find people who don't.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You don't need to defend yourself. I was only pointing out how ridiculous it was getting, man. People agreeing doesn't make you right. People disagreeing doesn't make me right. I'm sure I could find people who think you're a Toolbag. I'm sure you could find people who don't.

don't defend myself? You made a personal attack for some reason. It wasnt all too kind...

if you wanna call me a toolbag, that's fine. It's not gunna change gutless' performance or reputation. If you think it's overboard, then why would so many people agree? Simply put, it's not overboard at all. This game really is a potential turning point for the current faces of the franchise. Dougie may or may not actually DO anything about it, but the reputation of the franchise and specifically gutless himself will be cemented indefinitely until he breaks it with a consistent on-ice answer.