• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 6) Sharks at Red Wings - 5:00PM

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't defend myself? You made a personal attack for some reason. It wasnt all too kind...

if you wanna call me a toolbag, that's fine. It's not gunna change gutless' performance or reputation. If you think it's overboard, then why would so many people agree? Simply put, it's not overboard at all. This game really is a potential turning point for the current faces of the franchise. Dougie may or may not actually DO anything about it, but the reputation of the franchise and specifically gutless himself will be cemented indefinitely until he breaks it with a consistent on-ice answer.

I said you didn't need to. IMO it just makes you look sillier. But you can be as silly as you'd like. There are plenty of other silly people out there to help make it feel "normal." Carry on.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said you didn't need to. IMO it just makes you look sillier. But you can be as silly as you'd like. There are plenty of other silly people out there to help make it feel "normal." Carry on.

Youre an ass.... but hey no reason to defend yourself because Im sure many people would agree and many would disagree :-)

Anyways... hopefully the sharks pull out game seven and we all start being nice to each other again :angel:

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre an ass.... but hey no reason to defend yourself because Im sure many people would agree and many would disagree :-)

Anyways... hopefully the sharks pull out game seven and we all start being nice to each other again :angel:

That's indefensible, dude, come on.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, it's still a *team* game and what Marleau alone does tomorrow night won't matter.

Just as an (extreme) example, if he scores 2 goals and the Sharks lose 4-3, he'll still remain gutless because he didn't score 3 instead of 2, amirite?

Stop trying to kid yourselves (or worse, the rest of us, who aren't stupid) that what he does tomorrow, in ONE game, matters at all. Or that it will save the face of the franchise. Or save his career/reputation once and for all.

It's all 100% bullshit. Stop being full of it, IMO.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the calm before the storm. Did I really focus on work today? No, not really. Will I focus on work tomorrow? No, definitely not, and everyone knows no meetings beyond 5 PM tomorrow or there will mutiny in our group. We "forced" our manager to move a 4 PM meeting last week to 3 PM, so 2 of us could get the fuck out of there in time for the puck drop. But tonight is eerily relaxing. Tomorrow will be completely the opposite.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ultimately, it's still a *team* game and what Marleau alone does tomorrow night won't matter.

Just as an (extreme) example, if he scores 2 goals and the Sharks lose 4-3, he'll still remain gutless because he didn't score 3 instead of 2, amirite?

Stop trying to kid yourselves (or worse, the rest of us, who aren't stupid) that what he does tomorrow, in ONE game, matters at all. Or that it will save the face of the franchise. Or save his career/reputation once and for all.

It's all 100% bullshit. Stop being full of it, IMO.

He can't win honestly, regardless of what he does. He could go on a 30 point scoring streak and it wont be because he did it, it will be because he was helped by pavelski or thornton

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He can't win honestly, regardless of what he does. He could go on a 30 point scoring streak and it wont be because he did it, it will be because he was helped by pavelski or thornton

not so... He was the only good player vs. chicago. he played with heart in that series arguably better than ever in his career and the results showed clear as day. Had jumbo, pavs, and really everyone else played half as well that series, they might have at least won a game He can play with heart and he can lead and its awesome when he does.

That said, great players who are paid big money and are counted on to perform cant go scoreless for an entire series and cant give half efforts doing so. Gutless wouldnt be getting so much flack if it werent for the inconsistent efforts that have plagued him throughout his career.

I doubt JR has ever come out so strongly against any non-cheap player in his entire life. There is something he saw and knows from the time he was here. RW couldnt deal with him either. Noone has successfully motivated this guy.

if he plays consistently hard in the PO's and produces appropriately (not 3 pts per game, but a point per game or close to it which is in-line with his stature and salary), then the criticisms will disappear and the praise will rain down, from myself as well as the rest of the hockey world

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Im not trying to be an ass, just curious. Why can Marleau do no wrong in your eyes? Are JR and the rest of us watching a different game than you? Honestly, you seem like a very knowledgable hockey guy, so I would like to hear your opinion on Marleau.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think korky and I are just in the "yes-Marleau-is-sucking-but-you-can't-blame-a-series-entirely-on-him;others-have-to-keep-stepping-up-while-he-wakes-the-fuck-up" camp...

As opposed to the "Team-forgets-to-show-up-for-a-game?OMFG-I-don't-care;I-only-blame-him-and-his-$7M-salary" camp...

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see this? This is the smallest violin in the world playing a sad fucking song for Marleau.

I was dissing Marleau before it was cool.
That dude has been a disappearing act after the regular season for as long as I can remember.

I've heard all the rationalizations:
-He's hurt.
-He doesn't have support.
-Why try if the fans hate you?

Fuck all that.

Datsyuk is hurt and he's still a beast. Yzerman won the cup with a fucking broken leg. Marleau is a seasoned veteran who holds several SJ regular season career records. For him to go AWOL again is inexcusable. If he's that hurt, he should sit.

(I like private forums because I can curse. Profanity is pretty lowbrow but fuck if it doesn't get the point across.)

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see this? This is the smallest violin in the world playing a sad fucking song for Marleau.

I was dissing Marleau before it was cool.
That dude has been a disappearing act after the regular season for as long as I can remember.

I've heard all the rationalizations:
-He's hurt.
-He doesn't have support.
-Why try if the fans hate you?

Fuck all that.

Datsyuk is hurt and he's still a beast. Yzerman won the cup with a fucking broken leg. Marleau is a seasoned veteran who holds several SJ regular season career records. For him to go AWOL again is inexcusable. If he's that hurt, he should sit.

(I like private forums because I can curse. Profanity is pretty lowbrow but fuck if it doesn't get the point across.)

Quick, name your favorite Sharks player and I'll list 3-4 things he consistently sucks at. It's too easy a game to play, dude.

And yes, we know you have always hated Marleau... since circa 1997. That's nothing new...

You're in that second camp I listed... which is fine.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick, name your favorite Sharks player and I'll list 3-4 things he consistently sucks at. It's too easy a game to play, dude.

And yes, we know you have always hated Marleau... since circa 1997. That's nothing new...

You're in that second camp I listed... which is fine.

Rares, I like you. Always have. Let this be my precursor here.

All hockey players have flaws.
Marleau however is a team leader and more is expected of him.

Championship teams feature marquee players who step up when the pressure is on. Marleau consistently falls short in this department.

I'd love nothing more than for Patty to come alive and save the series.
If he does, all is forgiven. A championship effort from #12 will inspire the entire team.

Yet, I'm a fan of the lunchpailers. Those are the guys who keep trying even when there's no reason to. Those are the guys that should be an inspiration to the team. That's why I liked Matt fucking Bradley. That's why I liked Ville Niemenen when he hit 15 dudes in one playoff game. That's why my Thornton jersey has the #17, not #19, though J. Thornton has done more this postseason than previous years, but he needs to step up tomorrow too.

Marleau needs to be a lunchpailer, not a primadonna.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we're going overboard you'll agree to never criticize him again if he proves it in this ONE GAME, right? Defend him to the death, he will have proven it, once and for all. In one game. The most important game in franchise history. The only game that has ever mattered in the history of ever.

As I have apparently ignited this line of vitriol I feel compelled to clarify my point slightly:

All of these games have been close - even game 6 which looked ridiculously one-sided. Right now, we need someone to step-up and help this team win this game 7 or its over. Most important game ever? Maybe not, but I would say its pretty damn important for the 2010/2011 season. That being said - I believe revered posters stated that a series win over DET this year would be defining... I think we all agree right?

I just like our chances a lot better with him going full tilt then not, and he has one game to show a little bit more because I cant see how we can get more desperate for a win then tonight.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rares, I like you. Always have. Let this be my precursor here.

All hockey players have flaws.
Marleau however is a team leader and more is expected of him.

Championship teams feature marquee players who step up when the pressure is on. Marleau consistently falls short in this department.

I'd love nothing more than for Patty to come alive and save the series.
If he does, all is forgiven. A championship effort from #12 will inspire the entire team.

Yet, I'm a fan of the lunchpailers. Those are the guys who keep trying even when there's no reason to. Those are the guys that should be an inspiration to the team. That's why I liked Matt fucking Bradley. That's why I liked Ville Niemenen when he hit 15 dudes in one playoff game. That's why my Thornton jersey has the #17, not #19, though J. Thornton has done more this postseason than previous years, but he needs to step up tomorrow too.

Marleau needs to be a lunchpailer, not a primadonna.

Fair enough.

I can't really disagree with you on what he's done so far this series (i.e. absolutely nothing) and can't defend him one bit. I am just frustrated as the rest of you.

It's easy to make him the #1 scapegoat; I get it.

Things have been so crazy with how much we've been arguing over him here that I think my brain is totally confused because I had a crazy dream last night that he assisted on the OT game-winner (by Seto) tonight (LOL!)... my first hockey dream ever... and, while awake like I am right now, I don't think the Sharks will win tonight.

Anyway, kind of going around in circles here so I'll stop.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think korky and I are just in the "yes-Marleau-is-sucking-but-you-can't-blame-a-series-entirely-on-him;others-have-to-keep-stepping-up-while-he-wakes-the-fuck-up" camp...

As opposed to the "Team-forgets-to-show-up-for-a-game?OMFG-I-don't-care;I-only-blame-him-and-his-$7M-salary" camp...

+1

Just so we're clear, I wasn't defending Marleau. Attacking those posters and TV commentators going overboard? Absolutely.