• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game time

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this going on on the Phillies board, and thought it was kinda cool in the extreme downtime of baseball season.

It's a game of baseball trivia. Someone describes a player using stats, teammates, era, team(s), noteworthy stories, accolades, or whatever you want and everyone tries to guess who the player is. Whoever guesses the player then describes someone else. And on it goes. If no one guesses it, just move on. I know there are some old timers on here who's baseball knowledge far exceeds mine, so I kinda like the exercise to enlighten myself and any others who want to learn new players. NO peaking (if you can).

I'll start.

This player has 377 career homeruns, which is noteworthy for his up-the-middle position.
He won an MVP award in the opening season of a new stadium.
He was teammates with Dwight Gooden and Roger Clemens.
Not the most loved player, by fans or teammates alike.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one...

He was once traded for a future HOFer.
He was teammates with Frank Viola, Kevin Mitchell and Keith Hernandez.
He led the NL in triples for 3 consecutive seasons.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one...

He was once traded for a future HOFer.
He was teammates with Frank Viola, Kevin Mitchell and Keith Hernandez.
He led the NL in triples for 3 consecutive seasons.

Garry Templeton? He's the only person I can come up with would be 3 consecutive seasons in triples and I remember him being a part of a blockbuster deal...Butler did it for 2 consecutive seasons after his time with Giants, but I don't feel confident that he had done it for 3 consecutive seasons.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garry Templeton? He's the only person I can come up with would be 3 consecutive seasons in triples and I remember him being a part of a blockbuster deal...Butler did it for 2 consecutive seasons after his time with Giants, but I don't feel confident that he had done it for 3 consecutive seasons.

Butler did it 4-5 times I think, but idk if he ever went 3 in a row. That's a good guess though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude. Nice!

I thought I was going to have to add more clues.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude. Nice!

I thought I was going to have to add more clues.

Thanks brother. I'm a geek for random, seemingly never needed sports numbers....like triples in a season. Actually what got me to look up stupid triples stats about 15 years ago was when AT&T opened and triples alley became what it was.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this going on on the Phillies board, and thought it was kinda cool in the extreme downtime of baseball season.

It's a game of baseball trivia. Someone describes a player using stats, teammates, era, team(s), noteworthy stories, accolades, or whatever you want and everyone tries to guess who the player is. Whoever guesses the player then describes someone else. And on it goes. If no one guesses it, just move on. I know there are some old timers on here who's baseball knowledge far exceeds mine, so I kinda like the exercise to enlighten myself and any others who want to learn new players. NO peaking (if you can).

I'll start.

This player has 377 career homeruns, which is noteworthy for his up-the-middle position.
He won an MVP award in the opening season of a new stadium.
He was teammates with Dwight Gooden and Roger Clemens.
Not the most loved player, by fans or teammates alike.
Jeff Kent

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are up, in case you didnt realize...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of a record setting 21 players to hit more then 40 doubles in the same season (1996).
Considered one of the best hitters of his generation, career .312 hitter with 309 HR with more career BB then K.
Won a batting title.
Won the Silver Slugger 5x total for two different positions.
Played his entire career with one team.
Not likely to make the HOF.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of a record setting 21 players to hit more then 40 doubles in the same season (1996).
Considered one of the best hitters of his generation, career .312 hitter with 309 HR with more career BB then K.
Won a batting title.
Won the Silver Slugger 5x total for two different positions.
Played his entire career with one team.
Not likely to make the HOF.

Tony Gwynn comes to mind, but he's in the Hall and didn't hit that many homers

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note...

Let's try to play this with an honor agreement NOT to look these up. Only the person asking the question can do research...