• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New England Cheatriots Week 1 Game Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was throwing to wide open receivers in college. He had NFL linemen blocking for him. Let's see how he does against a Flores coached defense. The Fins have a great secondary and talent all over the field.

You are calling the Fins defense 3rd tier? There is nothing objective about that comment from what we saw last year or preseason with the starters playing. At least I am able to acknowledge that both teams have good defenses

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was throwing to wide open receivers in college. He had NFL linemen blocking for him. Let's see how he does against a Flores coached defense. The Fins have a great secondary and talent all over the field.

You are calling the Fins defense 3rd tier? There is nothing objective about that comment from what we saw last year or preseason with the starters playing. At least I am able to acknowledge that both teams have good defenses
I forgot to link it. This wasn't my comment or ranking.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots' Defense couldn't get to the QB last year because of a weak front 8.

Now they have speed and power. I know it was preseason but the Pats defense had 8 sacks in 3 games and Uche and Judon are going to cause a lot of teams a lot of problems. The Patriots are bringing six on every pass and not one Ao-Line has been able to hold off the front four from collapsing the pocket. Tua best have his running shoes on and he better be quick because the edge isn't open.

The Dolphins defense better be ready for a ground pounding. The Patriots RB stable has a full complement of power and speed and this preseason, they ran every NFC Defense out of gas by the end of the first half.

No question that this game will be interesting. This is not the 2020 Patriots on either side of the ball.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to link it. This wasn't my comment or ranking.

PFF is making projections. It's an educated guess but still a guess for this upcoming season.

Both teams have gotten better. We will find out how much better on game day.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami’s defensive backs will be too much for a rookie QB with a middling group of receivers. Also, Gilmore not playing is a key chess piece off the board.

MIA - 27
NE - 17

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can give Tua a nickname after this game. Tua Terrific is a possibility. The Fins have had long sustained drives every game that he has played and the Fins have a bunch of guys with breakaway speed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami’s defensive backs will be too much for a rookie QB with a middling group of receivers. Also, Gilmore not playing is a key chess piece off the board.

MIA - 27
NE - 17
I don't think the Dolphins have the horses to score that many against the Pats Defense.

The first team only had 6 points scored on them in the preseason. I don't think the Pats D will give up anything close to 27.

Your DBs better be good tacklers because they'll be spending most of the game at the line of scrimmage dealing with the Patriot RBs and not Jones or the receivers. Patriots will run the ball about 80-85% of the game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have good run stoppers. That said, the Pats could get forced to pass the ball if they fall behind early.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MIA - 27
NE - 17
Don't sleep on those two NE TEs or the RBs. Going to be a long day for the Mia D.

NE 27
MIA 17

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can give Tua a nickname after this game. Tua Terrific is a possibility. The Fins have had long sustained drives every game that he has played and the Fins have a bunch of guys with breakaway speed.
I'm thinking it's more likely we'll be calling him Tua Turnover with this new look NE D.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have good run stoppers. That said, the Pats could get forced to pass the ball if they fall behind early.
The Pats also have a great run blocking Oline. Two TEs, a bruising FB and a punishing RB. Get the ice baths ready after this one.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats also have a great run blocking Oline. Two TEs, a bruising FB and a punishing RB. Get the ice baths ready after this one.

The game will be physical for both teams.

The Pats will have to try to deal with the speed of multiple skill players. The Fins have created mismatches.

Picture elements of the Chiefs offense combined with elements of the Pats defense. That's what's coming to Foxboro on Sunday.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game will be physical for both teams.

The Pats will have to try to deal with the speed of multiple skill players. The Fins have created mismatches.

Picture elements of the Chiefs offense combined with elements of the Pats defense. That's what's coming to Foxboro on Sunday.
Your O-line is in deep doo-doo!
Fins have new Offensive Coordinator, for 3rd year in a row.
O-line still not set
O-line very young
QB has played in 7 games
O-line players playing out of position
23rd ranked offense still trying to improve but not settled.
Think BB can come up with a game plan for our defense to make life difficult for Tua and the offense?

Consider this: Miami’s offensive line currently features seven players who have started less than 16 games and have been in the league for two seasons of tenure or less:

• Michael Deiter: 15 starts (2 seasons of NFL play) playing out of position
  • Solomon Kindley: 13 starts (1 season of NFL play) has not solidified his position. Trying to replace
  • Austin Jackson: 12 starts (1 season of NFL play) losing his starter label
  • Robert Hunt: 11 starts (1 season of NFL play) playing out of position
  • Greg Little: 6 starts (2 seasons of NFL play) just arrived
  • Liam Eichenberg: 0 starts (2021 rookie) struggling
  • Robert Jones: 0 starts (2021 rookie) struggling
These guys may gel as soon as later this year but you have a tough early schedule!

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your O-line is in deep doo-doo!
Fins have new Offensive Coordinator, for 3rd year in a row.
O-line still not set
O-line very young
QB has played in 7 games
O-line players playing out of position
23rd ranked offense still trying to improve but not settled.
Think BB can come up with a game plan for our defense to make life difficult for Tua and the offense?

Consider this: Miami’s offensive line currently features seven players who have started less than 16 games and have been in the league for two seasons of tenure or less:

• Michael Deiter: 15 starts (2 seasons of NFL play) playing out of position
  • Solomon Kindley: 13 starts (1 season of NFL play) has not solidified his position. Trying to replace
  • Austin Jackson: 12 starts (1 season of NFL play) losing his starter label
  • Robert Hunt: 11 starts (1 season of NFL play) playing out of position
  • Greg Little: 6 starts (2 seasons of NFL play) just arrived
  • Liam Eichenberg: 0 starts (2021 rookie) struggling
  • Robert Jones: 0 starts (2021 rookie) struggling
These guys may gel as soon as later this year but you have a tough early schedule!
The Dolphins beat the Pats last season with a less experienced OL.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our safeties play TEs well, as long as they’re not Kelce or Waller.
Time will tell. You addressed your D will be able to handle a rookie QB and middling group of receivers. I simply reminded you that while your D is concentrating on Mac Jones and the WRs, don't forget about a full stable of RBs and two very good TEs.

How many teams did your safties cover who had two quality catching and blocking TEs?

Asking for a friend.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins beat the Pats last season with a less experienced OL.
The Pats beat the Fins with a MUCH less talented team.

What is it with some of you Fin fans? Do you totally discredit the talent on the other side of the field and think Miami is the only improved team.