• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New England Cheatriots Week 1 Game Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team had a roster overhaul. The other team upgraded some key positions.

The first game can be harder for the coaches because they don't know what to expect.

I think the Fins speed at WR will be difficult to deal with. That could create big play opportunities for all the skill players including the RBs.

On defense the Fins could generate a better pass rush than in last year's opening game.

FYI You don't have to say Cheatriots. No need to dwell in the past.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team had a roster overhaul. The other team upgraded some key positions.

The first game can be harder for the coaches because they don't know what to expect.

I think the Fins speed at WR will be difficult to deal with. That could create big play opportunities for all the skill players including the RBs.

On defense the Fins could generate a better pass rush than in last year's opening game.

FYI You don't have to say Cheatriots. No need to dwell in the past.
Remember Fuller suspended first game.

Once a cheatriot always a cheatriot. Especially with Belicheat still there...:2cents::suds:

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins a 10-6 team
Pats at 7-9

Both teams 5-3 in this "spot"

The Dolphins a gaudy plus 66 points given/scored
The Pats a weak.... minus 27

That is a plus 93 Dolphins

Any reason to back the Pats in this "spot"?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Fuller suspended first game.

Once a cheatriot always a cheatriot. Especially with Belicheat still there...:2cents::suds:
I just remembered that Fuller is out. Waddle can still bring the speed dynamic to the Fins offense in game 1. Also, the Fins have some other very talented playmakers on the roster.

The Fins defense can expect a physical game. The Pats will try to establish the run. The Fins Dline and LBs are capable of playing well.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remembered that Fuller is out. Waddle can still bring the speed dynamic to the Fins offense in game 1. Also, the Fins have some other very talented playmakers on the roster.

The Fins defense can expect a physical game. The Pats will try to establish the run. The Fins Dline and LBs are capable of playing well.
The Fins should be far better prepared this season to start so I can't disagree. Either way won't be an easy game although I have no faith in cam. They added weapons but lost Edelman. Lost a few vets as well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins should be far better prepared this season to start so I can't disagree. Either way won't be an easy game although I have no faith in cam. They added weapons but lost Edelman. Lost a few vets as well.
I think you will find the Pats game plan is to take your offense off the field.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will find the Pats game plan is to take your offense off the field.....
Just like last year but in the second game they were prepared for the run game. This year have better personnel to stop it. Phillips will rip cams head off when he runs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see one decent year and the Fin fans are going crazy.

NE was terrible last year and Mia went 500 against them. Both games decided by 10 points with NE having the most opt outs and Camilla at QB.

The Pats CRUSHED FA bringing in plenty of quality vets on both sides of the ball. Don't think for a second the Pats will look anything at all like they did last year.

NE will have a power RPO game. Two TEs, a FB, Cam and one of the Top Olines in the league. Throw in a guy lije Stevenson and it's going to be a lonnnnnnng day.
NE also added speed with Agholor that they didn't have last season. Imagine if the add Julio come a couple days from now?

The D brought back a bunch of returning vets while adding proven vets like Godchaux, Judon and some nice great draft value youngsters.

Enjoy your pre-season glory Fin Fans. Nothing has changed you'll still be our farm team to the south.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWPATSFAN,

You sound confident yet you dought the ability of your starting QB. How does that make sense? Meanwhile the Fins starting QB beat the Pats as a rookie last year.

Your offseason additions have a desperate feel to them. You better hope it works because you are going to look silly with your bold statements.

A good running game doesn't work well if a team falls too far behind on the scoreboard.

The Fins will have a more balanced pass/run offense.

Were you predicting a 10 win season for the Fins last year? Face it, you really don't know what is going to happen in game 1. We'll see on gameday.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWPATSFAN,

You sound confident yet you dought the ability of your starting QB. How does that make sense? Meanwhile the Fins starting QB beat the Pats as a rookie last year.

Your offseason additions have a desperate feel to them. You better hope it works because you are going to look silly with your bold statements.

A good running game doesn't work well if a team falls too far behind on the scoreboard.

Were you predicting a 10 win season for the Fins last year? Face it, you really don't know what is going to happen in game 1. We'll see on gameday.
The learning period is not over for Tua. He likely will continue to improve.

Next lesson? Getting crushed in game 1

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The learning period is not over for Tua. He likely will continue to improve.

Next lesson? Getting crushed in game 1

You hope. Weren't you the guy who predicted a better record last year for the Pats and more losses for the Fins?

Tua beat your team last year as a rookie. He now has more weapons.

Do you really trust Cam if/when the Pats fall behind?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hope. Weren't you the guy who predicted a better record last year for the Pats and more losses for the Fins.

Tua beat your team last year as a rookie. He now has more weapons.
I was the guy. Fins exceeded my expectations. NE has a much better defense this year.
I sincerely believe Miami could start the season 1 - 4

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the guy. Fins exceeded my expectations. NE has a much better defense this year.

You don't think that the Fins got better too this off-season? I don't worry about your predictions Nostradamus. You have been wrong before.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think that the Fins got better too this off-season? I don't worry about your predictions Nostradamus. You have been wrong before.
I do think the Dolphins have improved this offseason.
Improving, as you know, does not guarantee greater success. Much goes into success.
You have a very tough schedule to start the season. How will it affect your team if they start very slow?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats first four: Fins, Jets, Saints, Bucs. The only certain win is the Jets. I think that you should worry more about your team's early start. ( I think in future games and years the Jets won't be an easy win either)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins EXCEEDED everyone's expectations.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NWPATSFAN,

NE beat your overachiving team with a broken Camilla.

We don't know who the starter is yet this season? We do know the Pats appear 100% more dominant on both sides of the ball right now.

Keep praying Jones signs some place else.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE beat your overachiving team with a broken Camilla.

We don't know who the starter is yet this season? We do know the Pats appear 100% more dominant on both sides of the ball right now.

Keep praying Jones signs some place else.

Cam is your best choice for game 1. That's obvious. The Fins gave a few QBs their worst game of the year last year. BB knows better than to put Mac Jones in early against the Fins defense. The Pats have shown no confidence in Stidham. It would be weird to see him or Hoyer start over the other two QBs. Like I said you better hope that the Pats don't fall behind.

Re WR Jones: Do you really think the Fins worry about him playing? The Fins have one of the best secondarys in the NFL.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is your best choice for game 1. That's obvious. The Fins gave a few QBs their worst game of the year last year. BB knows better than to put Mac Jones in early against the Fins defense. The Pats have shown no confidence in Stidham. It would be weird to see him or Hoyer start over the other two QBs. Like I said you better hope that the Pats don't fall behind.

Re WR Jones: Do you really think the Fins worry about him playing? The Fins have one of the best secondarys in the NFL.
Well it sounds as if you are certainly worried about the run game? You'd better hope NE doesn't get the lead. See how that works?

Yes I do believe EVERY fin fan is nervous if NE signs Julio. Keep pretending a Top O line, a great RBBC and Julio doesn't scare every DC .

What don't you see? Camilla and a terrible team beat the best team you've had in decades. The Pats are vastly improved.

Flores and you DC won't have a good night sleep in Julio signs.