• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New England Cheatriots Week 1 Game Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is your best choice for game 1. That's obvious. The Fins gave a few QBs their worst game of the year last year. BB knows better than to put Mac Jones in early against the Fins defense. The Pats have shown no confidence in Stidham. It would be weird to see him or Hoyer start over the other two QBs. Like I said you better hope that the Pats don't fall behind.

Re WR Jones: Do you really think the Fins worry about him playing? The Fins have one of the best secondarys in the NFL.
Forgot to ask. Have you seen Mac Jones play in the NFL?

Have you seen any NE practices or have any idea what BB is thinking?

You sound confidently ignorant in your statement.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to be a jerk NWPATSFAN. I am treating you with respect. I haven't called you ignorant.

The last game they played the Fins won. I would say the late season game was just as meaningful. Especially since it eliminated the Pats playoff hopes. The Pats played great in game 1 but the Fins were able to make adjustments in game 2.

RE the Pats run game. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fins Dline and LBs play well and force the Pats to pass. Davis, Wilkins and others have real talent.

RE Mac Jones: I hope that he starts. There is a big difference between practicing and playing an NFL game. Trust me he won't be ready

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins overall defense finished 6th in the NFL at 21.1 per game. The secondary gave up a lot of yards however the Fins have the INT leader. Howard had 10. There is room for improvement as a unit. I anticipate a better pass rush which should help. Plus the Fins drafted the first safety taken.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to be a jerk NWPATSFAN. I am treating you with respect. I haven't called you ignorant.

The last game they played the Fins won. I would say the late season game was just as meaningful. Especially since it eliminated the Pats playoff hopes. The Pats played great in game 1 but the Fins were able to make adjustments in game 2.

RE the Pats run game. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if the Fins Dline and LBs play well and force the Pats to pass. Davis, Wilkins and others have real talent.

RE Mac Jones: I hope that he starts. There is a big difference between practicing and playing an NFL game. Trust me he won't be ready
Don't be so sensitive. It was your comment that was and is ignorant. It's your opinion yet you stated it as fact.

OK enough on that.

Regardless of how good your front 7 play they will not be able to sustain a NE ground and pound attack, especially if Sham Newton is the starter. That's a top 3 O-line, now with two quality TEs, a Road grader FB, a RBBC and a QB in a DE body. 4 qtrs of smash mouth football will wear down any team.

So to steal from you, you'd better hope NE doesn't get the lead or sign JJ.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins overall defense finished 6th in the NFL at 21.1 per game. The secondary gave up a lot of yards however the Fins have the INT leader. Howard had 10. There is room for improvement as a unit. I anticipate a better pass rush which should help. Plus the Fins drafted the first safety taken.
That's fair. Expecting improvement is far better than saying a bottom 10 secondary is one of the best in the NFL.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be so sensitive. It was your comment that was and is ignorant. It's your opinion yet you stated it as fact.

OK enough on that.

We are passionate fans from rival teams. I know how these chats can go. If we start trading insults our quality of discussion will go down the toilet.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fuller being out on week 1 another player could play a more prominent role. The Pats defense will need to focus on Waddle and Parker (I think they will still be making plays) Bowden Jr. could make an impact in the game. Williams could also be a factor if he's healthy.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been reading that WR Wilson has practiced well so far. He has a chance to win a roster spot and contribute for the team. He's an injury risk but can be productive when healthy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fuller being out on week 1 another player could play a more prominent role. The Pats defense will need to focus on Waddle and Parker (I think they will still be making plays) Bowden Jr. could make an impact in the game. Williams could also be a factor if he's healthy.
The Patriots have two of the NFL's best cover corners in Gilmore and Jackson. Tua is not Marino or Manning. He's still feeling his way around and looked good at times and bad at others. Belichick has proven over the years that he can game plan foir QBs and take away the things that do best.

I'm not 1005 convinced that Cam will be the starter. He'd be at Walmart greeting people if I had my way.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have two of the NFL's best cover corners in Gilmore and Jackson. Tua is not Marino or Manning. He's still feeling his way around and looked good at times and bad at others. Belichick has proven over the years that he can game plan foir QBs and take away the things that do best.

I'm not 1005 convinced that Cam will be the starter. He'd be at Walmart greeting people if I had my way.

I am glad that the Fins don't have to figure out who there starting QB is. Tua has looked great this offseason.

Re Belichick's game planning and cover corners: Tua led the Fins to victory in the second half the last time they played. There will be an even more talented roster for the Fins the next time they play.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua has looked great this offseason.
Name one quarterback that anyone , other than the HOOP, who has publicly said, "Our quarterback just plain sucks this offseason. Even in tees and shorts, he pathetic." Even Tyrod Taylor is getting rave reviews.

Don't sell the Patriots defense short this year.

The patriots offense right now looks to be run first and most. no one was stopping Harris late last season and then Michel was a quicker change of pace. JJ Taylor was waist high bullet. Now the Patriots have added Stevenson who will be like Franco Harris. The NFL has changed and the defenses are not 350 lb. DT and DEs anymore. Most barely crack 285 lb and are more pass rushers than run stoppers. After teams get beaten up for three quarters, they can't rush the QB and the passing game even short passing game is tough defend with hands on hips and knees.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has changed and the defenses are not 350 lb. DT and DEs anymore. Most barely crack 285 lb and are more pass rushers than run stoppers. After teams get beaten up for three quarters, they can't rush the QB and the passing game even short passing game is tough defend with hands on hips and knees.
[/QUOTE]

Davis 330lbs Wilkins 315bs, Jenkins 327 lbs, Sieler has a knack for making plays behind the line of scrimmage in big situations. You are fooling yourself if you think the Fins Dline will be easy to run on. Also, I expect Phillips and others to be getting into the backfield and making plays. The Fins have a 257lb LB; McKinney who plays the run well. The Fins also have other LBs who are capable of stopping the run.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins overall defense finished 6th in the NFL at 21.1 per game. The secondary gave up a lot of yards however the Fins have the INT leader. Howard had 10. There is room for improvement as a unit. I anticipate a better pass rush which should help. Plus the Fins drafted the first safety taken.c

Howard has had an inconsistent career. Yes, a lot of interceptions last year. Why were they throwing at him?
He had 1 interception in 2019. Maybe he will return to 2019 form?
He has had 1 sack in his career.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard was injured in 2019. In 2018 and last year he led the league in INTs. Every team in the league could use a CB like him. He usually shuts down the opposing team's best WR.

Why do teams try to throw at him? That tends to happen because he covers their best WR.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be an even more talented roster for the Fins the next time they play.
This is certainly true of NE on all three phases of the game.

NEs LB/DE corps was one of the worst in the league last year. That is not the case this year. NEs front 7 is vastly improved over last year. They will make last years DBs which was their strength even more potent.

Excited to see this new D

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats defense may have improved, however, so has the Fins offense. The Fins have a lot of speed at skill positions and the Oline will be very good.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats defense may have improved, however, so has the Fins offense. The Fins have a lot of speed at skill positions and the Oline will be very good.
Speed is over rated ask any sensible Raider fan. Granted that alone is a tough task.

Very difficult to take advantage of speed against a D with top corners and safeties when the QB has no time to throw. When the pocket collapses around him.

Did you coviently forget how BAD the Fin Oline is? Good luck Tua and co.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speed is over rated ask any sensible Raider fan. Granted that alone is a tough task.

Very difficult to take advantage of speed against a D with top corners and safeties when the QB has no time to throw. When the pocket collapses around him.

Did you coviently forget how BAD the Fin Oline is? Good luck Tua and co.

The Fins online had 3 rookies starting last year. These guys will be better this year and the team added other very good talent.

RE the addition of speed: The Fins have playmakers who know how to use their speed to get open. Between FA, the draft and opt outs coming back the WR unit will be drastically better this year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting a game thread already.. I like it!