• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New England Cheatriots Week 1 Game Thread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the first 5 games would be tough especially with Tua out. I didn't think that the D would regress this badly but hopefully it's just growing pains. Lot of youth on both sides of the ball especially the oline. At least they looked a little better but the D I was expecting that they looked like they were sleepwalking today.

As per the patsies I wouldn't get too excited over there they barely beat Houston.
Patriots were outplayed by Houston for 3 quarters. I am not too excited.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots were outplayed by Houston for 3 quarters. I am not too excited.
If the Texans had decent FG kicking it's a loss for the Pats. That's OK being stuck around .500 is worse than winning just a few games. In the NFL draft worse teams get better picks. I don't think it's going to go well for the Pats vs better teams this year.

Southieinnc,

I called you a fly. It's really out of character for me. I am not planning on insulting you again. It's not a Christian like thing to do. It's also not fair to flies. Unlike you when they come around they aren't trying to be annoying. At a picnic for instance they are just trying to eat. I wont insult flies either on this board going forward.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Texans had decent FG kicking it's a loss for the Pats. That's OK being stuck around .500 is worse than winning just a few games. In the NFL draft worse teams get better picks. I don't think it's going to go well for the Pats vs better teams this year.

Southieinnc,

I called you a fly. It's really out of character for me. I am not planning on insulting you again. It's not a Christian like thing to do. It's also not fair to flies. Unlike you when they come around they aren't trying to be annoying. At a picnic for instance they are just trying to eat. I wont insult flies either on this board going forward.
SportsHoopla "post of the year" right there. Kudos!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glass half full?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the guy. Fins exceeded my expectations. NE has a much better defense this year.
I sincerely believe Miami could start the season 1 - 4
Dolphins 1 - 5.
I really expected a loss against NE and a win against Jacksonville.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard was injured in 2019. In 2018 and last year he led the league in INTs. Every team in the league could use a CB like him. He usually shuts down the opposing team's best WR.

Why do teams try to throw at him? That tends to happen because he covers their best WR.
From a list of who teams should trade:

Miami Dolphins CB Xavien Howard — A first-team All-Pro last year, Howard stumbled out of the gate this season but had a really solid Week 7 performance against Atlanta. On Sunday, he was credited with eight targets, allowing just one reception for 28 yards while recording an interception for a 2.1 passer rating against. Howard and the Dolphins had a tough time getting together on a contract this offseason and are scheduled to revisit the matter at the conclusion of the 2021 campaign. If Miami continues struggling and the contract appears to be an issue, it might be more beneficial to get an early draft pick that the team can either use to bring in another young player or as part of a trade for a veteran. –– Dolphins Wire, Mike Masala