• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New England Cheatriots Week 1 Game Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Fin fans.

Good game, tough loss for us.

Jones looks to be the real deal after a shaky first series, the kid really settled in and looked good under pressure.

Damn fumbilitis.

Enjoy first place for a short time:-)

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks NWPATSFAN,

The Fins emphasize creating turnovers. They were the best in the league at it last year. I wouldn't put all the blame on your RBs. Good defenses can create mistakes.

RE Jones: He played well for his first game in the NFL. We have a young QB also that will keep getting better. Tua had the longest pass in his career. It was to Waddle.

RE first place: If the Fins beat the Bills Sunday they might just keep the lead. After all the Pats and Bills are the Fins top competition in the AFC East.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks NWPATSFAN,

The Fins emphasize creating turnovers. They were the best in the league at it last year. I wouldn't put all the blame on your RBs. Good defenses can create mistakes.

RE Jones: He played well for his first game in the NFL. We have a young QB also that will keep getting better. Tua had the longest pass in his career. It was to Waddle.

RE first place: If the Fins beat the Bills Sunday they might just keep the lead. After all the Pats and Bills are the Fins top competition in the AFC East.
Of course they emphasize creating t/o's. They're coached by a team that mastered that.

I wouldn't get too comfortable with first place though I wish you luck against the Bills.

NE controlled this game. The eye test and numbers show that. Mia won but if I were a Fin fin I couldn't sleep comfortably after watching that today.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather win ugly than lose pretty any day.

The Fins win yesterday reminds me of Pats wins in years past. The defense made the Pats kick FGs. Flores is a great coach. I am so glad that BB didn't promote him and keep him. Chris Grier learned from the Pats and brought that knowledge here also.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather win ugly than lose pretty any day.

The Fins win yesterday reminds me of Pats wins in years past. The defense made the Pats kick FGs. Flores is a great coach. I am so glad that BB didn't promote him and keep him. Chris Grier learned from the Pats and brought that knowledge here also.
Congratulations on your win.
Patriots usually don't beat themselves and play mostly mistake free football. Not so yesterday.
Dolphins had 2 good drives for TD's when the defense either fell asleep or had to make adjustments.
Dolphins D was consistent.
Patriots put together half a dozen good drives with all but 1 cut short by mistakes - penalties or turnovers.
punts and fieldgoals are not going to do it.
Pats receivers were very slow to get in the game, especially the TE's. Good DB play kept them in the hole.
Mac Jones looked very good for a tough 1st game.
Patriots offensive game plan whatever it was did not work. Along with the mistakes came too many 4 yard plays.
Miami 17, Patriots 16, Buffalo 16, Jets 15. That was one very big winning point!

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully agree with the winning and losing piece.

Half agree with the D made them kick FGs. It was more of NE shooting themself in the foot time after time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on your win.
Patriots usually don't beat themselves and play mostly mistake free football. Not so yesterday.
Dolphins had 2 good drives for TD's when the defense either fell asleep or had to make adjustments.
Dolphins D was consistent.
Patriots put together half a dozen good drives with all but 1 cut short by mistakes - penalties or turnovers.
punts and fieldgoals are not going to do it.
Pats receivers were very slow to get in the game, especially the TE's. Good DB play kept them in the hole.
Mac Jones looked very good for a tough 1st game.
Patriots offensive game plan whatever it was did not work. Along with the mistakes came too many 4 yard plays.
Miami 17, Patriots 16, Buffalo 16, Jets 15. That was one very big winning point!
I liked the offensive game plan. Thought they gave Mac just enough. Trent going down and the Stevenson fumble didn't help.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew when Rowe got hurt that the Pats TEs would be a lot harder to cover. Rowe usually shuts down the opponents top TE. Both teams dealt with injuries. DT Davis getting hurt didn't help the Fins run defense. The Fins have good depth and Grier and Flores deserve credit for that.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE]

I think the AFC East has good defenses. It will be interesting to see if the Jets can handle the Pats offense.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the AFC East has good defenses. It will be interesting to see if the Jets can handle the Pats offense.
[/QUOTE]
It will be interesting to see if any of the Pats players have ass's left after Bill gets done reviewing tape with the team!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE]
It will be interesting to see if any of the Pats players have ass's left after Bill gets done reviewing tape with the team!
[/QUOTE]

I think BB should share some of the blame for the loss. Harris looked done to me before his late game fumble. Harris was limping around and exhausted right before that fumble. They put him right back into the game. Whereas, the Fins used a RB by committee approach to keep guys fresh and healthier.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE]

I think BB should share some of the blame for the loss. Harris looked done to me before his late game fumble. Harris was limping around and exhausted right before that fumble. They put him right back into the game. Whereas, the Fins used a RB by committee approach to keep guys fresh and healthier.
[/QUOTE]
I think JJ Taylor should have been active for this game.
In the end, a fumble in the redzone cost Pats a win - that they should have snared.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[/QUOTE]
I think JJ Taylor should have been active for this game.
In the end, a fumble in the redzone cost Pats a win - that they should have snared.
[/QUOTE]
I thought it was a guaranteed win? :scratch: Even if they kicked a field goal Fins had plenty of time. They also milked the clock against your D which was impossible. Tua even after the holding gave them that chance people forget rather quickly. So your guy is a guarantee after a game of mainly check downs but Tua has no chance. Guy keeps winning though.. .

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Southie you're better than this. This guy is known for his Pats click bait and trolling.

There are many more media reports of a good game plan.

Jesus it was his first start. First time he had Henry and Smith playing together.

23 carries is not an absurd amount for a featured back.

If there is a blame, put it on BB considering he's likely the one who benched Stevenson.

Just one example of his writtings.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think that the Fins got better too this off-season? I don't worry about your predictions Nostradamus. You have been wrong before.
I was the guy. Fins exceeded my expectations. NE has a much better defense this year.
I sincerely believe Miami could start the season 1 - 4
I asked how your team will respond if they start 1-4. Never got an answer really.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieflyinnc,

I guess only time will tell.

You getting cocky? The Pats look like a. 500 team to me.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked how your team will respond if they start 1-4. Never got an answer really.
I knew the first 5 games would be tough especially with Tua out. I didn't think that the D would regress this badly but hopefully it's just growing pains. Lot of youth on both sides of the ball especially the oline. At least they looked a little better but the D I was expecting that they looked like they were sleepwalking today.

As per the patsies I wouldn't get too excited over there they barely beat Houston.