• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New England Cheatriots Week 1 Game Thread

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats beat the Fins with a MUCH less talented team.

What is it with some of you Fin fans? Do you totally discredit the talent on the other side of the field and think Miami is the only improved team.
I’m not discounting the Pats talent, I think they have clear advantages in the game AND VERY CLEAR DISADVANTAGES. And you could throw out Week 1 from last year because you had a running QB which always gives Miami fits. And you had Gilmore.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats beat the Fins with a MUCH less talented team.

What is it with some of you Fin fans? Do you totally discredit the talent on the other side of the field and think Miami is the only improved team.

The Fins and Pats went 1 and 1 last year. The first game the Pats ran QB Cam a lot. I don't see that happening again. The second game Tua ran for 2 TDs and went 20 for 26 with his passes. It was surgical precision besides his INT.

It's a different year with different players yet you have to admit that the QB experience goes to the Fins.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not discounting the Pats talent, I think they have clear advantages in the game AND VERY CLEAR DISADVANTAGES. And you could throw out Week 1 from last year because you had a running QB which always gives Miami fits. And you had Gilmore.
OK enjoy your homer pie. You are discounting the Pats. Week one didn't matter even though NE had the most covid holdouts and won by 10? Yet in week 15 a QB who couldn't throw any better than me lost by 10 and that counts?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK enjoy your homer pie. You are discounting the Pats. Week one didn't matter even though NE had the most covid holdouts and won by 10? Yet in week 15 a QB who couldn't throw any better than me lost by 10 and that counts?

I never said week 1 didn't matter. However, the upcoming game couldn't be any more different in terms of personnel and game planning. Whereas game 2 had a starter who won when he played and he's starting again.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins and Pats went 1 and 1 last year. The first game the Pats ran QB Cam a lot. I don't see that happening again. The second game Tua ran for 2 TDs and went 20 for 26 with his passes. It was surgical precision besides his INT.

It's a different year with different players yet you have to admit that the QB experience goes to the Fins.
Look I understand I'm on your team board but my God the blind homerism is nauseating.

Do you not think NE has improved threefold from the team you saw last year? This is not even close to the same NE D you saw last year. Expect Tua to get hit and hit a lot. NE is also A LOT STRONGER against the run.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said week 1 didn't matter. However, the game couldn't be any more different in terms of personnel and game planning. Whereas game 2 has a repeat starter who won when he played.
OK you hold onto that. Enjoy you one late season win against NE. Have you put up a banner yet? The way some of you are talking someone might believe you're the defending SB champs.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua played well against the Bears. They have a good defense too. Plus he practices against a similar style of defense every week.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No “homer pride”. The personnel was night and day Week 1 when you consider the QBs and your shutdown corner played in that game. And we started 3 rookies on the OL Week 1.

I understand parts of the Pats will be better because the COVID holdouts will be back. My hypothesis based on all the information available is that Miami’s very good defense will be too much for a rookie who isn’t a running threat and doesn’t have dangerous WRs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins beat the Pats last season with a less experienced OL.
Remarkble game it was. Watched a replay of the game early this week.
Most noteable: Patriots were mostly 2nd/3rd string, players we have cut, rookies. Seriously.
This team is much, much better.

Your O-line is going to have trouble Sunday against this Patriots defense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No “homer pride”. The personnel was night and day Week 1 when you consider the QBs and your shutdown corner played in that game. And we started 3 rookies on the OL Week 1.

I understand parts of the Pats will be better because the COVID holdouts will be back. My hypothesis based on all the information available is that Miami’s very good defense will be too much for a rookie who isn’t a running threat and doesn’t have dangerous WRs.
OK I wish you luck with that.

But your arguement is about different personnel, did you sleep during FA? The Draft? Pre Season? It's not just the covid holdouts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remarkble game it was. Watched a replay of the game early this week.
Most noteable: Patriots were mostly 2nd/3rd string, players we have cut, rookies. Seriously.
This team is much, much better.

Your O-line is going to have trouble Sunday against this Patriots defense.
You don't understand. Miami is different as well because their QB now has 7 games under his belt. Oh and they are not starting 3 rookies on the Oline. I hear tomorrow they are having an Oline meet and greet session so they know who their teamates are.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your arguement is about different personnel, did you sleep during FA? The Draft? Pre Season? It's not just the covid holdouts.
[/QUOTE]

Both teams have added talent in the off-season. One of the teams played a bunch of rookies who are more experienced this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both teams have added talent in the off-season. One of the teams played a bunch of rookies who are more experienced this year.

Thet are certainly more experienced this year. but not very experienced and so far, not playing well. Running out of time. It is going to be a tough early season for your O-line. Game#1, I predict multiple sacks and multiple interceptions. Don't get Tua killed!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thet are certainly more experienced this year. but not very experienced and so far, not playing well. Running out of time. It is going to be a tough early season for your O-line. Game#1, I predict multiple sacks and multiple interceptions. Don't get Tua killed!
This is not a relevant argument. Mia had the #1 rated CB in the league.

Mia Oline come Sunday.

Hi who are you?
I'm the center. The guy who hikes the ball.

How about that guy next to you? Oh he's our RG. Not too sure about him. But he seems like a nice guy.

How about that dude way over there? That's our tackle.

And?

Well, ummm I'm not sure. He just showed up on Wednesday.

Thanks.

OBTW, my name is Tua nice to meet you.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So:

The center used to be a guard.
The guard used to be a tackle
The tackle used to be a guard
Where's the other tackle? Oh, he's on the Covid list.

You don't need to get to know these guys, 3 of them are already scheduled to goback to practice squad.
So yoou got 4 centers now? Who is going to start?
Really we don't know. Maybe we'll flip a coin or just take turns!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two Pats fans really have no idea about what is about to happen on Sunday. This Oline has been having lots of long sustained drives. I think we will see more explosive plays than last year. The Oline will be a lot better than you think. Also, you guys haven't paid attention to how well Tua is playing right now.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You two Pats fans really have no idea about what is about to happen on Sunday. This Oline has been having lots of long sustained drives. I think we will see more explosive plays than last year. The Oline will be a lot better than you think. Also, you guys haven't paid attention to how well Tua is playing right now.
We will have an idea come Sunday!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilmore is out but the D is better who would've thunk it. Expensive FA's always work out smells of desperation. I honestly believe that the game is a toss up as it's early in the season and in NE. To say you know makes you Nostranus. ..

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilmore is out but the D is better who would've thunk it. Expensive FA's always work out smells of desperation. I honestly believe that the game is a toss up as it's early in the season and in NE. To say you know makes you Nostranus. ..
I do understand I have taken the homer view of the game. We still have to play the game.
Why not be optimistic as the season starts?