• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Day Thread (week 14): Seahawks @ 49ers

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see this thread today (and I'm new here, so I'm not sure if there's ever a thread like this).

I am so excited (and nervous) for today's game. Hope it's a beatdown.

Can we go back, this is the moment
Tonight is the night, we’ll fight till it’s over
So we put our hands up like the ceiling can’t hold us
Like the ceiling can’t hold us

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH1i1N1eENw[/YOUTUBE]

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day threads are totally fine.

But there usually is a dedicated game thread that's created few hours before the game starts.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bistoker, IMO, does an awesome job on these... I especially appreciate his pregame analysis.

Edit, BTW, welcome aboard Bo!

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edit, BTW, welcome aboard Bo!

Thank you! I'm surprised it took me so long to find this forum. Been on Seahawks.net for a while, but I like this format better I think.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you! I'm surprised it took me so long to find this forum. Been on Seahawks.net for a while, but I like this format better I think.

Welcome BOBlake,
Check out the whole forum, there is a Husky forum and a Mariner forum also. Also there is a general NFL board, which is good spot to talk to other NFL fans from other boards. If you find you like here, encourage others to drop in. Right now the 49er board out number us and I'd like to see that change.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just put the pregame here. Game threads are not exclusively mine, he just beat me by about an hour this morning. I usually start at 7:30 am, and it takes about a half hour to complete, though today it's taken more than an hour for finish.

Positives -

Rivalry - This has become the premiere rivalry in the NFL. I know it doesn't have the longevity of rivalries like Packers/Bears or Cowboys/Giants or others, but right now there isn't one more intense. Whichever team can get their emotions under control has a good chance to win the game. Expect a lot of personal fouls early. Add in that the Sehawks are playing to clinch the division and the 9ers are playing to solidify their playoff ambitions.

Russell Wilson - DangerRuss has emerged as the best QB in the NFL when making things happen against pressure. His poise in the face of pressure, both physical and mental, is starting to get notice from everywhere around the country, but Seahawks fans have been seeing this in him since he got here. He would love to come into Candlestick and erase the memories of last years game there, though it'll take some help from his receivers to make that happen.

Marshawn Lynch - Lynch has 308 rushing yards and 3 TDs over the last three games these two teams have met. If beast mode is successful enough to keep the run in the minds of the 9ers, then their pass rush can't just pin their ears back and their DBs will have to cover some receivers who have been coming into their own the last few weeks.

Negatives -

Bowman/Willis - The 9ers have the best LB dou in the NFL, and they make their money on stopping the run. They are excellent at running down the play, and see the holes in the OLine as well as most RBs and can use them to get to runners in the backfield.

Aldon Smith/Ahmad Brooks - These guys can really get after the QB, and though Russell can handle pressure, he does take sacks and holds the ball at times. If the Seahawks allow these two to run wild in their backfield, they could get some good shots at Wilson, so it'll be imperative for the Hawks to handle these two specifically.

Vernon Davis - I'm always concerned about the mismatches that great receiving TEs can provide. The Seahawks have shown they can cover TEs at times, but they haven't been consistent with that. Davis can provide the 9ers with a solid receiving threat in the middle, and the Seahawks need to insure he's no more effective than Graham was Monday.

Matchups -

Avril/Bennett/Irvin/Clemons vs. OLine - SF goes as Kaep goes, and Kaep goes as well as the line goes. Avril and Bennett have been great this year at putting pressure on the QB with the rest of the big uglies on the Hawk D-Line. Clemons hasn't been as explosive this year, but that's what happens when recovering from a serious knee injury.

LOB vs. Revamped WRs - If people think that the 9ers WRs will give the Seahawks DBs fits because they were missing Crabtree and Manningham from their last matchups didn't watch what Seattle did to the Saints WRs. Maxwell and Lane have shown that it wasn't just polite smoke blowing when it was said that the Seahawks had the deepest set of DBs in the NFL. Since the 9ers run even fewer RB screens than Seattle, for the most part it'll be the downfield game (though if SF was smart they'd start the game off with one to keep it in the mind of the Seahawk pass rushers).

Jon Ryan vs. LaMichael James - James is averaging 11.3 yards per return while the Seahawks have still only given up a grand total of 15 yards on punt returns. In a game where field position very well may decide this game, this could be the biggest factor in who wins.

Overview -

This game is against two teams that follow their head coaches leads in just about everything, including their dislike for the other. San Francisco is needs a win here for some confidence, as they are 1-4 against teams with winning records this season, and if the season ended today their one win would be against a team that would miss the play offs. They need to get some confidence against a top NFL team. Seattle needs to take care of business and not let the 9ers get themselves on a roll. SF doesn't have a great home field advantage, but any win on the road will be good for any team. This will be the second straight top 5 D for Seattle to face, and this one is a little more capable than NO was, but it could go a long way to establishing confidence if the Hawks can respond with another dominate performance.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the knockout punch. No Mercy. Flawless victory.

giphy.gif

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree and Vernon Davis have never had great games against us historically and with the way we defended Graham and the Saints I'm not super concerned here. Gore has been shut down the last two meetings but has had great games against us in SF. Im still watching Gore and it will be interesting to see how Kap reacts playing us at home. He hasnt proven he can solve our D yet. With Iupati out and Staley either out or not at 100% it will be interesting to see how the line reacts.

On offense, not to beat a dead horse but its pass protection. Can we protect those blitzing linebackers. If we can I think plays can be made down field.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is on TV in Richmond! HD two weeks in a row baby!

NFCW title goes back where it belongs as of today!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting comment my friend made last week was "Is Marques Colston even playing today?"

That's the effect that Sherman has on the opposing team's #1 wr. They're literally taken out of the game and if you don't watch pre game introductions you wouldn't even know that they're on the field playing.

I expect the same from Crabtree/Boldin. Sherman will be able to take one of them completely out of the game. Maxwell is 6'1 and will be able to do fine against the other.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game threads are not exclusively mine

It not true, say it not true.:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Also welcome to the board(s) BoBlake, and let me be the first to give you some advise... try to stay away from the 49ner board because they like to cry to the mods and could ban you, there's a whole page on it. (not something I have done but something I have heard about). Anyways lets GO HAWKS!:yahoo::suds:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard fellow 12th man,,,,Great day to join up....:yahoo:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah they are really going to play hard that is for sure,,,LOB will have to smack em around some.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we all looked forward to them pre game :noidea:,,,i know i do.

Well, that's good, since I had no intentions of stopping. :D

If the Seahawks can keep their offense from being predictable, and force Kaep to win the game with his arm, then the game will be very firmly in their favor. Bevell needs to keep play calling like he did against New Orleans, call plays that exploit matchups that favor the Seahawks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be interesting on SportsHoopla today with this game. The only board whose game threads are more active than the Seahawks is the 9ers board.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day threads are totally fine.

But there usually is a dedicated game thread that's created few hours before the game starts.

Well, just noticed that the 9ers started their game thread on Monday.....