• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 9 - Minnesota Governor's Victory Bell

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another week, another stupid trophy game. This week the well rested lions travel to Minnesota to take on an undefeated gophers team. We'll see how Minny reacts to their first real test against a battle tested Nittany lion squad. i think Minny is smoke and mirrors and PSU cruises as we get 1 step closer to a colossal matchup on November 23.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
source.gif

EnormousMatureIndianhare-size_restricted.gif

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another week, another stupid trophy game. This week the well rested lions travel to Minnesota to take on an undefeated gophers team. We'll see how Minny reacts to their first real test against a battle tested Nittany lion squad. i think Minny is smoke and mirrors and PSU cruises as we get 1 step closer to a colossal matchup on November 23.

I'd agree PSU is the better team, but overlook at MN at your own risk. They've been rolling since they let go of Rob Smith

11/3/18-They lost to Illinois 55-31 and were sitting @ 4-5. DC fired and DC immediately gets better

Since then, they're 11-1.

My heart says MN pulls the upset, but my head says we give PSU a good fight and but fall short.

I'll be there.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And agreed, I think B1G should retire the governor's bell

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree PSU is the better team, but overlook at MN at your own risk. They've been rolling since they let go of Rob Smith

11/3/18-They lost to Illinois 55-31 and were sitting @ 4-5. DC fired and DC immediately gets better

Since then, they're 11-1.

My heart says MN pulls the upset, but my head says we give PSU a good fight and but fall short.

I'll be there.

I mean, I can overlook them all I want, as long as the team and staff are focused...which they are. This team has bought into the 1-0 every week, every opponent is as important as the next mentality. Fleck has done a great job at Minnesota, but they still have not beaten anyone with a pulse this year. they struggled with some bad teams. They have their chance to show the world they are for real and can play with nothing to lose because everyone outside of Minnesota thinks PSU will handle them and move on to face a 10-0 OSU team for all the marbles on November 23.

PSU is still an EXTREMELY young team, but they are battle tested on the road, Minnesota needs to weather the initial punch PSU has hit most teams in mouth with lately and not fall too far behind early to have any chance. If they get down and have to throw a lot, we'll see how the big OL matches up against a ton of speed on PSU front 7 blitzing all over the place.

Hopefully its a well played, injury free game I still feel PSU in the 31-17 range.:suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And agreed, I think B1G should retire the governor's bell

There are just so many trophy games in B1G, they tried to force a couple when we joined with this one and the ugliest 4th grade shop class project Land Grant trophy with MSU. The ones that have a good story and tradition are cool, these ones, not so much

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meat of the season for Minnesota is three of the last four against ranked teams. Penn State and Wisconsin should beat Minnesota. Obviously the school loves Fleck since they just signed him through 26.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I can overlook them all I want, as long as the team and staff are focused...which they are. This team has bought into the 1-0 every week, every opponent is as important as the next mentality. Fleck has done a great job at Minnesota, but they still have not beaten anyone with a pulse this year. they struggled with some bad teams. They have their chance to show the world they are for real and can play with nothing to lose because everyone outside of Minnesota thinks PSU will handle them and move on to face a 10-0 OSU team for all the marbles on November 23.

PSU is still an EXTREMELY young team, but they are battle tested on the road, Minnesota needs to weather the initial punch PSU has hit most teams in mouth with lately and not fall too far behind early to have any chance. If they get down and have to throw a lot, we'll see how the big OL matches up against a ton of speed on PSU front 7 blitzing all over the place.

Hopefully its a well played, injury free game I still feel PSU in the 31-17 range.:suds:

I'm a little tired of the they struggled in the non conference narrative and all three games you have too look a little deeper. I've done it several times and don't feel like going further. After getting thumped by Illinois gophers fired their DC. They're 11-1 since including road win @ wi, thumping the purdue team that thumped tOHSU, and thumping GT.

Yes, our B1G schedule hasn't been murderers row, but we've destroyed those teams. Purdue got 2 late scores to make the game look close, but outside of that our margin victory:

Illinois: 23 Points
Nebraska: 27 points
Rutgers: 35 points
Maryland: 42 points

Based on this progression, we should beat PSU by 45-49 points ;)

I could see PSU getting a late score to make it 31-17, but I do think MN will at the very least give PSU a good game. An upset wouldn't shock me, but I agree it would be an upset.

I believe MN is younger than PSU but a lot of your young guys played last year. While our senior class is small, they have number good players.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little tired of the they struggled in the non conference narrative and all three games you have too look a little deeper. I've done it several times and don't feel like going further. After getting thumped by Illinois gophers fired their DC. They're 11-1 since including road win @ wi, thumping the purdue team that thumped tOHSU, and thumping GT.

Yes, our B1G schedule hasn't been murderers row, but we've destroyed those teams. Purdue got 2 late scores to make the game look close, but outside of that our margin victory:

Illinois: 23 Points
Nebraska: 27 points
Rutgers: 35 points
Maryland: 42 points

Based on this progression, we should beat PSU by 45-49 points ;)

I could see PSU getting a late score to make it 31-17, but I do think MN will at the very least give PSU a good game. An upset wouldn't shock me, but I agree it would be an upset.

I believe MN is younger than PSU but a lot of your young guys played last year. While our senior class is small, they have number good players.

38 of our 40 offensive TDs have been scored by players with FR or So eligibility. OL only has 1 senior, defense has 2 seniors a few juniors and plays a ton of Fr and So in rotation. Roster has some seniors and juniors who don't play and will likely end up in transfer portal and more Fr will play next year.

While Minny roster may be young on the whole, our major contributors are largely Fr and So.

Not to knock what Minny has done this year, but I am still in wait and show me against a good team and your boys have the chance this weekend. I know they have not seen the speed they will see this weekend in that 11-1 stretch.

Good luck, again, hope its well played and injury free

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38 of our 40 offensive TDs have been scored by players with FR or So eligibility. OL only has 1 senior, defense has 2 seniors a few juniors and plays a ton of Fr and So in rotation. Roster has some seniors and juniors who don't play and will likely end up in transfer portal and more Fr will play next year.

While Minny roster may be young on the whole, our major contributors are largely Fr and So.

Not to knock what Minny has done this year, but I am still in wait and show me against a good team and your boys have the chance this weekend. I know they have not seen the speed they will see this weekend in that 11-1 stretch.

Good luck, again, hope its well played and injury free

I'm just hoping I don't like wrong on my ankle when I leap the wall to storm the field. I think it'll be good game!

Good luck in the east.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping I don't like wrong on my ankle when I leap the wall to storm the field. I think it'll be good game!

Good luck in the east.

haha, that's some real hospitality...storming the field to celebrate the visitor winning:pound:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comment from today's game: "He was reading us very well. He kind of knew what we were in and what they could to do expose us there," linebacker Jan Johnson said. "They hit their plays. He made their throws."

I was told I didn't know what I was talking about a couple of weeks ago as Michigan was mounting a comeback. Luckily their WR dropped the game tying TD in the end zone.

Franklin will field a good team year after year. One that will beat the teams it should beat. That is damned good against teams across the country but it seems to leave them a game or two short year in and year out. This team is very young so big things are still possible but will Franklin be good enough to take them to that next level?

Congrats to the Gophers, you played a hell of a game and beat up what was supposed to be the strength of the team.