• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 7

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 7

1st 4: Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, LSU

2nd 4: Clemson, Wisconsin, Penn State, Notre Dame

3rd 4: Oregon, Florida, Texas, Georgia

Analysis: There doesn’t seem to be any great teams, but some very good ones that on a given day could beat on the others and lose to them tomorrow. Whoever gets hot at the end should take it all. A lot of teams have yet to be tested, but the Alabama-LSU game looks very big as does Ohio State and Wisconsin. Oklahoma and Clemson appear to have the easiest to run the table in the regular season.

Playoff teams: LSU, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson

Analysis: Except for Texas, all of my top 12 could make the playoffs. I like LSU over Alabama, and Ohio State over Wisconsin. Notre Dame needs help, and Oregon needs a lot of things to happen.

Most surprising: Baylor, Minnesota, SMU, Appalachian St.

Analysis: 4 real surprises here. Baylor still has back to back home games with Texas and Oklahoma. That’s a gauntlet. Minnesota could go undefeated until November when they play Penn State at home. They also have Wisconsin and at home. SMU’s toughest remaining games look like Temple and Memphis on the road. Appalachian State has to play South Carolina away and if they can survive that, could run the table.

Most disappointing: UCLA, Arkansas, Tennessee

Analysis: All 3 teams will likely have new coaches next year. Tennessee won last week, but now faces Alabama. UCLA and Arkansas just can’t compete with the talent they have. The SEC is very top bottom balanced this year and Vanderbilt it not far from making this list.

Heisman Trophy: Tua Tagovailoa, Jalin Hurts, Joe Burrow, Justin Fields

Analysis: Hard to see anybody but a QB winning this award. I put Tua above Jalin after watching both play, but obviously very close along with Joe Burrow. All had excellent games. Justin Fields has a chance with several big games ahead of him.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Oregon-Washington, Michigan-Penn State, Arizona St-Utah.

Analysis: Not a great weekend, but we do have 3 games involving 6 top 25 teams. The PAC 12 should clear up with both the North and South Division having a battle of the leaders. Washington has a slight edge being at home. I see them winning about 24-21. Utah should be able to claim the South title if they beat Arizona State. That should also be close with Utah winning about 27-21. Penn State is at home and Michigan has improved from the beginning of the season. Still, a lot of offensive problems should impact this game with the final being Penn State 24-13.

Big games remaining in the regular season. Ohio State-Michigan, Penn State-Ohio State, Wisconsin-Ohio State, Wisconsin-Minnesota, Oklahoma-Baylor, Oregon-Arizona State, Utah-Washington, LSU-Alabama, Alabama-Auburn, Auburn-LSU, Georgia-Auburn, Florida-Georgia,

Analysis: The SEC and the Big 10 is where the action is. Major showdowns between the top teams highlight the latter portion of the season. It’s still up in the air as to who will win these conferences. LSU and Alabama looks like the biggest regular season game left on the schedule.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 7

1st 4: Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, LSU

2nd 4: Clemson, Wisconsin, Penn State, Notre Dame

3rd 4: Oregon, Florida, Texas, Georgia

Analysis: There doesn’t seem to be any great teams, but some very good ones that on a given day could beat on the others and lose to them tomorrow. Whoever gets hot at the end should take it all. A lot of teams have yet to be tested, but the Alabama-LSU game looks very big as does Ohio State and Wisconsin. Oklahoma and Clemson appear to have the easiest to run the table in the regular season.

Playoff teams: LSU, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson

Analysis: Except for Texas, all of my top 12 could make the playoffs. I like LSU over Alabama, and Ohio State over Wisconsin. Notre Dame needs help, and Oregon needs a lot of things to happen.

Most surprising: Baylor, Minnesota, SMU, Appalachian St.

Analysis: 4 real surprises here. Baylor still has back to back home games with Texas and Oklahoma. That’s a gauntlet. Minnesota could go undefeated until November when they play Penn State at home. They also have Wisconsin and at home. SMU’s toughest remaining games look like Temple and Memphis on the road. Appalachian State has to play South Carolina away and if they can survive that, could run the table.

Most disappointing: UCLA, Arkansas, Tennessee

Analysis: All 3 teams will likely have new coaches next year. Tennessee won last week, but now faces Alabama. UCLA and Arkansas just can’t compete with the talent they have. The SEC is very top bottom balanced this year and Vanderbilt it not far from making this list.

Heisman Trophy: Tua Tagovailoa, Jalin Hurts, Joe Burrow, Justin Fields

Analysis: Hard to see anybody but a QB winning this award. I put Tua above Jalin after watching both play, but obviously very close along with Joe Burrow. All had excellent games. Justin Fields has a chance with several big games ahead of him.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Oregon-Washington, Michigan-Penn State, Arizona St-Utah.

Analysis: Not a great weekend, but we do have 3 games involving 6 top 25 teams. The PAC 12 should clear up with both the North and South Division having a battle of the leaders. Washington has a slight edge being at home. I see them winning about 24-21. Utah should be able to claim the South title if they beat Arizona State. That should also be close with Utah winning about 27-21. Penn State is at home and Michigan has improved from the beginning of the season. Still, a lot of offensive problems should impact this game with the final being Penn State 24-13.

Big games remaining in the regular season. Ohio State-Michigan, Penn State-Ohio State, Wisconsin-Ohio State, Wisconsin-Minnesota, Oklahoma-Baylor, Oregon-Arizona State, Utah-Washington, LSU-Alabama, Alabama-Auburn, Auburn-LSU, Georgia-Auburn, Florida-Georgia,

Analysis: The SEC and the Big 10 is where the action is. Major showdowns between the top teams highlight the latter portion of the season. It’s still up in the air as to who will win these conferences. LSU and Alabama looks like the biggest regular season game left on the schedule.

Nice write up

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice write up indeed. After the game in Dallas, I wanna see CeeDee Lamb for Heisman. Also, just throw a dart to decide the ACC Coastal. Duke ahead of the pack again. The next few weeks will decide a lot with these teams up top.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most disappointing 5-1 team in college football...........Michigan.

It is painful watching them right now. I don’t even know how it is possible to fumble 17 times in 6 games, but we’ve done it.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, true. I feel many thought Harbaugh was the savior, then they thought Patterson was gonna be the savior. Who next?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most disappointing 5-1 team in college football...........Michigan.

It is painful watching them right now. I don’t even know how it is possible to fumble 17 times in 6 games, but we’ve done it.

5 wins makes it hard for me to call them disappointing. I'll wait and see how they do this week.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, true. I feel many thought Harbaugh was the savior, then they thought Patterson was gonna be the savior. Who next?

There's always Les Miles.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing is Oregon. They lost to a good Auburn team. The Ducks opponents have a 23 and 7 win loss record. That’s not too shabby. And many have written them off.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing is Oregon. They lost to a good Auburn team. The Ducks opponents have a 23 and 7 win loss record. That’s not too shabby. And many have written them off.

I've had them close to the top 12 for awhile. They deserve their ranking and still have an outside chance to make the playoffs. If Georgia lost at home, no one is really safe.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Oregon, at some point they are going to get out muscled again. Good money is on next weekend.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Oregon, at some point they are going to get out muscled again. Good money is on next weekend.

Should be a good matchup. Game is pretty close to a tossup. I like Washington by a field goal.