• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #5 Denver Broncos vs NE Patriots 10/11/2020 4:25 PM

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Patriots are just sleepwalking through this game.
The only good thing is our red zone defense. The rest is just blah.
I fault nobody who predicted the Pats to win this easy. NFL football is a precision game and it near impossible to be precise without the repetitions of practice. Passing is especially difficult because it's 100% based on precision and Denver new that. The Pats plan was to run it down their throats but Denver never feared the pass game...

Folks, this game is a pass. Anyone wanting the "no excuses card" clears doesn't understand the concept of valid reasons versus excuses.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why go for two now??? Dumb. Just dumb.
and why not challenge that James White first down... 1) they would have won it, 2) they kept a challenge in their pocket for the next game?

Usually it's rheteric when BB says ...."and we need to coach better". Spot on today with those two calls...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why not challenge that James White first down... 1) they would have won it, 2) they kept a challenge in their pocket for the next game?

Usually it's rheteric when BB says ...."and we need to coach better". Spot on today with those two calls...
BB seems to even out think himself sometimes. Especially after a bye week. Not sure why that is?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Patriots are just sleepwalking through this game.
The only good thing is our red zone defense. The rest is just blah.
I did not get the game here but it sure looked the offense sucked

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be glad you didn’t. Cam was almost as bad as Hoyer.
Hmmmm... I don't recall any Hoyer 38 yard runs. Correct in that he held the ball too long and took some sacks. Also true is the passing game was destined to be poor without practice.... It's hard to pin this directly on Cam when there were several other variables including an inconsistent running game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm... I don't recall any Hoyer 38 yard runs. Correct in that he held the ball too long and took some sacks. Also true is the passing game was destined to be poor without practice.... It's hard to pin this directly on Cam when there were several other variables including an inconsistent running game.

Didn't see the "almost" part of my post huh? Can was terrible, flat out terrible. Looked completely lost out there. His OL didn't help him much either. Overall bad game by everyone.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the "almost" part of my post huh? Can was terrible, flat out terrible. Looked completely lost out there. His OL didn't help him much either. Overall bad game by everyone.
sadly some want to defend cam oooooooohh he ran 38 yards too bad he cant pass or know enough to throw the ball away Pats schedule gets real tough SF/BUF/JETS/BAL Be lucky to beat the jets :suds:

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see if they can get a full week of practice and take another look-see after the 49rs.
All is not lost, yet.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sadly some want to defend cam oooooooohh he ran 38 yards too bad he cant pass or know enough to throw the ball away Pats schedule gets real tough SF/BUF/JETS/BAL Be lucky to beat the jets :suds:

Exactly! Cam saw the defenders right in front of him with their arms out and still threw it right to them. He can scramble but not enough to give him any money. He'll he isn't worth the $22 million or whatever that salary they are talking about for qbs to get

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - I think at one point even Darnold scrambled for almost that long so let's not use that as an reason why Cam was "good" yesterday

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the offense seemed to struggle didn't the D have back to back INTs, and hold the Donks to FGs? It seems this was on the offense for sure. Not saying we need to bring in Stidham but if this continues it has to be considered.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also - I think at one point even Darnold scrambled for almost that long so let's not use that as an reason why Cam was "good" yesterday
There's a difference between stating "he was good" and "he wasn't as bad as Hoyer"... All I did was assign a lot of the performance issues to the team lacking practice... Not all of the performance. I think Cam is a freak athlete who doesn't always adapt to what's happening in front of him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between stating "he was good" and "he wasn't as bad as Hoyer"... All I did was assign a lot of the performance issues to the team lacking practice... Not all of the performance. I think Cam is a freak athlete who doesn't always adapt to what's happening in front of him.

Even Cam didn't blame the "lack" of practice. The team simply did not perform including Cam.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nefansince75 what (besides the run) did Cam do better than Hoyer?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Cam didn't blame the "lack" of practice. The team simply did not perform including Cam.

@nefansince75 what (besides the run) did Cam do better than Hoyer?
The team stunk it up with Hoyer and again yesterday with Cam. The reason they stunk it up with Hoyer may be the same as Cam, I don't know... I'm saying a good part of the reason yesterday was the lack of practice and lack of precision resulting from the lack of practice.

BB said as much and Cam wasn't going to be "caught" not taking responsibility.

Do you think the lack of practice had no impact? I assume you agree the impact was was somewhere between 1% and 99% of the reason for yesterday, but exactly how much is difficult. Cam has strengths and weaknesses and different than those of the guy he replaced. Could be the issues caused by lack of practice plays into his weaknesses. I'm not going to judge Cam based on Yesterday.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team stunk it up with Hoyer and again yesterday with Cam. The reason they stunk it up with Hoyer may be the same as Cam, I don't know... I'm saying a good part of the reason yesterday was the lack of practice and lack of precision resulting from the lack of practice.

BB said as much and Cam wasn't going to be "caught" not taking responsibility.

Do you think the lack of practice had no impact? I assume you agree the impact was was somewhere between 1% and 99% of the reason for yesterday, but exactly how much is difficult. Cam has strengths and weaknesses and different than those of the guy he replaced. Could be the issues caused by lack of practice plays into his weaknesses. I'm not going to judge Cam based on Yesterday.

I apologize if I came off as attacking you, not my intention. I'm not basing it off solely yesterday either but it was ugly and let's not act like Cam has been the complete savior of the team. Lack of practice didn't help but every team has had to go through this. He'll the Titans are a perfect example and look what they did.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize if I came off as attacking you, not my intention. I'm not basing it off solely yesterday either but it was ugly and let's not act like Cam has been the complete savior of the team. Lack of practice didn't help but every team has had to go through this. He'll the Titans are a perfect example and look what they did.
I didn't take it that way. I have concerns with Cam having lapses where he makes a decision then stops processing and just sticks to that decision. I think the Seattle game was lost for that reason. I think the first interception may have been for that reason. It could be the lapses are about mentally checking out and running a play on auto-pilot. Beyond that I see a freak athlete that has flashed promise of moving the team with passes into tight windows and running well when plays breakdown.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take it that way. I have concerns with Cam having lapses where he makes a decision then stops processing and just sticks to that decision. I think the Seattle game was lost for that reason. I think the first interception may have been for that reason. It could be the lapses are about mentally checking out and running a play on auto-pilot. Beyond that I see a freak athlete that has flashed promise of moving the team with passes into tight windows and running well when plays breakdown.

Ok, good.. wasn't trying to!!

He has potential and I am sure he is still trying to learn this complex offense in such a short time and thats not easy. But yesterday he just looked fat out clueless. Made rookie mistakes, held ball to long, didn't make right reads (ala Hoyer). So far other than nice runs he hasn't shown much worthy of him being re-signed imo.