• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #5 Denver Broncos vs NE Patriots 10/11/2020 4:25 PM

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated from the outset the NFL should have scrapped this year, but the money mongering whore owners were never going to allow that to happen.
Yes you have. I don't disagree but the positives are coming from the outside and the teams are mostly preventing it from spreading.

While I do agree the root of this is money mongering ("grubbing"), they are taking a responsible approach amidst the odds likely irresponsibility. I'm continuing my wait and see judgement but am fully prepared to agree with you 100%, just not yet.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you have. I don't disagree but the positives are coming from the outside and the teams are mostly preventing it from spreading.

While I do agree the root of this is money mongering ("grubbing"), they are taking a responsible approach amidst the odds likely irresponsibility. I'm continuing my wait and see judgement but am fully prepared to agree with you 100%, just not yet.
Woman I work with just came back from 2 weeks in Florida on the beaches with her teenagers.
She should be self-isolating for 2 we3ks.
She showe up in the office immediately after getting back!
She has been tele-resting for 6 months and now shows up to show off her tan?
I have been doing her work while she stays safely at home!

I told my boss today I'll be leaving a lot sooner than he thought!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woman I work with just came back from 2 weeks in Florida on the beaches with her teenagers.
She should be self-isolating for 2 we3ks.
She showe up in the office immediately after getting back!
She has been tele-resting for 6 months and now shows up to show off her tan?
I have been doing her work while she stays safely at home!

I told my boss today I'll be leaving a lot sooner than he thought!
You bring up such a good example of a problem our societal structure presents. First we have too many people (many who are smart and would rather be "lazy", others not so smart but again want to be "lazy") who don't want to do the right thing and instead see through some fucked up lenses in which they choose "right for them". We all balance the "right" versus "right for me" and there's no perfect reconciliation between the two... It's when the fucked up lenses are applied and someone is choosing something that is clearly wrong as "right for me" then somehow have the power to pull it off.

Sun bathing with teenagers in the middle of a pandemic may be okay if perfect measures were followed. Do you know if they were or weren't? Before you react to that question I'll agree the question isn't relevant. Regardless, the overwhelming perception would be no and your co-worker doesn't care and is delusional enough to think others won't notice or somehow none of it "the fuck" matters to her. AND FUCKING GETS AWAY WITH IT!.

People were bothered early in the pandemic when entitled individuals were quarantining in remote paradises... Why the fuck shouldn't they if they have the means. Your example demonstrates the problem within the pandemic in which people are choosing "right for them" and the overall attituded is a bigger societal issue than 1%ers have ever caused (maybe not Ever, but certainly now).

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin Gordon won’t be coming to the game. He’s got strep throat.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up such a good example of a problem our societal structure presents. First we have too many people (many who are smart and would rather be "lazy", others not so smart but again want to be "lazy") who don't want to do the right thing and instead see through some fucked up lenses in which they choose "right for them". We all balance the "right" versus "right for me" and there's no perfect reconciliation between the two... It's when the fucked up lenses are applied and someone is choosing something that is clearly wrong as "right for me" then somehow have the power to pull it off.

Sun bathing with teenagers in the middle of a pandemic may be okay if perfect measures were followed. Do you know if they were or weren't? Before you react to that question I'll agree the question isn't relevant. Regardless, the overwhelming perception would be no and your co-worker doesn't care and is delusional enough to think others won't notice or somehow none of it "the fuck" matters to her. AND FUCKING GETS AWAY WITH IT!.

People were bothered early in the pandemic when entitled individuals were quarantining in remote paradises... Why the fuck shouldn't they if they have the means. Your example demonstrates the problem within the pandemic in which people are choosing "right for them" and the overall attituded is a bigger societal issue than 1%ers have ever caused (maybe not Ever, but certainly now).
I filled out and sent retirement papers this past week. I am required to list reasons for retiring.
I work for the government and what she did is against regulations.
I listed my reson as my employer not keeping me safe. She should have been told to go home!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I filled out and sent retirement papers this past week. I am required to list reasons for retiring.
I work for the government and what she did is against regulations.
I listed my reson as my employer not keeping me safe. She should have been told to go home!
Separate from this topic, congratulations on earning your retirement... whether you go forward or not. If you do retire make sure you hold this current resentment as long as it deserves which is only until the moment you retire... Then let that and any past work related burdens go. You've earned a happy retirement and carrying unneeded baggage will only undermine that.

You have found yourself in a not-so-unique situation. We've learned that in life some situations can't be fixed.. like stupid. Add to that list the "I deserve the following (whatever the list is) as a "right-in-life" and whether I've earned it or not does not matter and however it impacts another does not matter. Some might say it's an aggressive form of stupid but I don't buy that. Often it's a person who under normal situations would be smart, but instead of using the brains to earn things, they look to acquire by any means other than earning. I believe (but am no expert) that narcissistic tendencies are a trait of such person. Our friend karma usually bestows on them poor eyesight or possibly another ailment that cause them to repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot. Unfortunately the foot troubles only occur after they have disrupted the rest of us and lead them to look for more undeserved entitlements.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sony Michel...Shaq Mason and Rivers get to stay home because they got the COVID.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Separate from this topic, congratulations on earning your retirement... whether you go forward or not. If you do retire make sure you hold this current resentment as long as it deserves which is only until the moment you retire... Then let that and any past work related burdens go. You've earned a happy retirement and carrying unneeded baggage will only undermine that.

You have found yourself in a not-so-unique situation. We've learned that in life some situations can't be fixed.. like stupid. Add to that list the "I deserve the following (whatever the list is) as a "right-in-life" and whether I've earned it or not does not matter and however it impacts another does not matter. Some might say it's an aggressive form of stupid but I don't buy that. Often it's a person who under normal situations would be smart, but instead of using the brains to earn things, they look to acquire by any means other than earning. I believe (but am no expert) that narcissistic tendencies are a trait of such person. Our friend karma usually bestows on them poor eyesight or possibly another ailment that cause them to repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot. Unfortunately the foot troubles only occur after they have disrupted the rest of us and lead them to look for more undeserved entitlements.
LOL. Boy do you not know me. I have always worked - and worked hard! I appreciate your motivational advice but I don't need it.
"Whether I go forward...." I sid it. It's done. Time to move on. I'll burn no bridges nor put up with any shit.
I have set mysely apart from the crowd. I am too valuable. They have no idea of a plan to replace me. That said, they will. I'll be a memory and so will they. Lots of good memories and I never let any idiot steal my past - nor my future!

By the way, you are correct - situations like this are not unique. How you handle it can be.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Mason and Rivers don’t have COVID(yet). But are in the high risk/close contact category.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Boy do you not know me. I have always worked - and worked hard! I appreciate your motivational advice but I don't need it.
"Whether I go forward...." I sid it. It's done. Time to move on. I'll burn no bridges nor put up with any shit.
I have set mysely apart from the crowd. I am too valuable. They have no idea of a plan to replace me. That said, they will. I'll be a memory and so will they. Lots of good memories and I never let any idiot steal my past - nor my future!

By the way, you are correct - situations like this are not unique. How you handle it can be.
I'm pretty good at reading people, but not people behind text postings... haha. I really wasn't reading into you. I won't commend you for living life right because that's what you are supposed to do... But I'm glad you do.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Patriots are just sleepwalking through this game.
The only good thing is our red zone defense. The rest is just blah.