• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #17 Patriots vs Dolphins Sunday Jan. 9, 2022 4:25 PM CBS

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 miles east of Foxboro? Where you from?

I'm originally from Taunton and actually just sold my childhood home there a few months ago. If I ever venture back to the east coast to live, and I hope that I do, I think we will go someplace south where it's warmer.
A little more east and north, but not much of either. I don't mind telling you, just that I avoid exact details online...

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN is warmer.
The people and the taxes are great.

Seafood sucks though, BIG TIME.

Having lived in...MA, VT, NY (state), PA, MD, VA, GA and FL I can say I do like TN the best, as I was really too young to remember much about SC.
I would give NC or SC a try though.

I'm thinking either the east coast(NC, SC, or FL) or the gulf of Mexico. I need to be within striking distance of the ocean. Georgia or Alabama maybe but I'm leaning towards FL.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will go someplace south where it's warmer.
It's a balmy 60 here in Panama City Beach on the Gulf Coast. Not going to much warmer for the next 10 days, but it beats the hell out of the20 degrees in NH.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a balmy 60 here in Panama City Beach on the Gulf Coast. Not going to much warmer for the next 10 days, but it beats the hell out of the20 degrees in NH.

It's 65 here in Los Angeles. I don't know that I could ever go back to the cold. I was in Taunton a few weeks ago and went to a party. When I left the party late at night I was shocked at how cold it was and how bad it hurt. Screw that.

A friend of mine lives near Tampa, Tarpon Springs, and I kinda love it there. Ocean, bars and restaurants, and good weather.

Panama City Beach looks interesting.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been here since Monday night, but the wife and I are already thinking thatthis is wherewe might want to finish life. Met or landlady today and just sohappens that she's a real estate broker. We'll hve our house appraised in March when we go home. Found an incredible place for $10,499,000. I was so excited I was going to write a check because I misread the price as $10,499.

There's some relly incredible places at incredible prices. Depends on what you want tospend. IfI was ten years youger, I'd buy a real fixer upper. Plenty of those within a mile of the beach which is 10 miles long. Temps between November and May are 60's and 70's and can get near 100 in thesummer.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish it were that warm where I am. It's -44 F with the wind chill, as an average, where I was this week. Our machines aren't even running properly and we had to shut down camp, local schools closed. I'd love a balmy 20 F right now.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 65 here in Los Angeles. I don't know that I could ever go back to the cold. I was in Taunton a few weeks ago and went to a party. When I left the party late at night I was shocked at how cold it was and how bad it hurt. Screw that.

A friend of mine lives near Tampa, Tarpon Springs, and I kinda love it there. Ocean, bars and restaurants, and good weather.

You don't want to be near the Gulf it's like dirty bath water you want to stay on the Atlantic side IMO

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish it were that warm where I am. It's -44 F with the wind chill, as an average, where I was this week. Our machines aren't even running properly and we had to shut down camp, local schools closed. I'd love a balmy 20 F right now.
This is my first time as a snowbird. The temps at this time of year here are in the 40s at night and range from the upper 50's to low 70s. At my age, I don't care as longas I can go for a two or three mile walk. Yesterday I wlked a bit over a mile to a place called the Waffle House. Has eggs, bacon, hash browns and a wafflewith three cups of coffee. $12, Then I took a a bit longer walk back to the condo. My wife was still sleeping when I returned. I really like this place.Theywarned me that July, August and September can be brutally hot. But that's why they invented A/C.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't want to be near the Gulf it's like dirty bath water you want to stay on the Atlantic side IMO
Walkd out on a pier that's about a half mil long and the water here is crystal clear.

No one is in it because they thnk it's too cold. Everyone that lives around here is wearing a coat or a sweatshirt under a hoodie. They look at me like I'm crazy in shorts and a tee shirt.

It'scool but I could swim in it. I've been swimming at Hampton Bach in NH in April, now that's cold water.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats 28 Dolphins 20

Game could go either way until late in the 3rd quarter when the Pats start to exert their will. Pats enter the playoff's looking solid and ready for any opponent.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't stream the game here so we're about to hed over to the BBQ joint down the street and park our asses unit the Pats' game is over.
Wife won't let me wear one of my Patriots'tee shirts so I'm wearing a Vietnam Veteran shirt. I don't think this area is a Dolphins group. More inclined to be Jags or Bucs fans up here.

Me? I'm going to eat ribs until I can't swallow my own saliva.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my first time as a snowbird. The temps at this time of year here are in the 40s at night and range from the upper 50's to low 70s. At my age, I don't care as longas I can go for a two or three mile walk. Yesterday I wlked a bit over a mile to a place called the Waffle House. Has eggs, bacon, hash browns and a wafflewith three cups of coffee. $12, Then I took a a bit longer walk back to the condo. My wife was still sleeping when I returned. I really like this place.Theywarned me that July, August and September can be brutally hot. But that's why they invented A/C.
That sounds fantastic. I have been warming up to the idea of traveling south myself for winters. The older I get, the less I feel like tolerating them. Enjoy the game this afternoon...go Pats!!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... that didn't start good. Waddle is basically their entire offense and he gets 4 catches. Nice coverage on that TD Mr. Jackson......

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong. Miami came to play. Patriots shitting their pants like they usually do in Miami. Good thing this game doesn't mean anything.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What garbage to start off the game. Pats are night and day this season, painful to watch them play like this again.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami moving the ball at will, wtf defense?