• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #17 NE Patriots @ Buffalo Bills Sunday January 8, 2023 TBA (NFL to announce final week revised schedule 1/2/23)

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep forgetting that BB ( Phil Jackson) had Brady ( Michael Jordan) Pats did not beat one playoff team with the exception of Miami because Tua was out ( 4-0 vs Pats) and they barely squeaked in by beating Jets, not one thing to put your hat on. My point is Reid can win with any QB, BB failed with proven guys like Kosar and Bledsoe that too their teams to playoffs or SB. guy is .477 w/o Brady and only 1 playoff win in 10 seasons, doesn't sound great to me just good ( avg)

I'm not Kraft so I am forced to watch the mediocrity.
I respect your perspective, but Kosar and Bledsoe were both not coachable. Bledsoe had a horrible functional attitude, but seemed to always mean well. But the NFL is highly scripted and coaches don't like players that won't follow the script. Mahomes may seem like he's improvising, but his receivers are always where they need to be... because the script is being followed.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your perspective, but Kosar and Bledsoe were both not coachable. Bledsoe had a horrible functional attitude, but seemed to always mean well. But the NFL is highly scripted and coaches don't like players that won't follow the script. Mahomes may seem like he's improvising, but his receivers are always where they need to be... because the script is being followed.
I hope you guys are right and I am wrong about BB. Most of us here have been Pats fans since the Grogan, Sam Bam Cunningham, John Hannah, Russ Francis, Stanley Morgan Andre Tippett and Darryl Stingley day and watching his grandson play in the NFL now. And I know a few like Ken and Southie have been here since the Boston Patriots days!! :suds::suds::suds:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a couple of facts.

2019 Brady's last year with the Patriots 10-4
2020 Cam Newton Project 7-9
2021 Mac the Rookie Sensation 10-7 (Loss in first round of playoffs) 10-8
2022 Mac Sophomore Slump 8-9

Since Brady the Patriots are 25-26, with Josh as OC 17-17

Argue all you want about who or what. There's a problem.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guy is 140 in QB age so you can't be serious . I didn't say the Patriots was shitty just our GM and avg coach who again has 7 losing seasons and 1 playoff win in 10 Years. Brady won what 3 playoff games in 2020 inc SB , 30 sec away from possible going to another SB ( lost to SB champ Rams) last season. Yeah he kinda stunk it up with the worst rushing game in the NFL but still threw for 2x as many TD's Keep reaching for straws but I do love the ass on the chick in your AV, so gonna give you a pass :suds: And if yesterday's game meant anything he would have played all game and prob won, they were not behind when he left the game. Yesterday's game meant do or die for NE and they died
So, if Bill wanted to go somewhere else, and had the opportunity to take a couple years to cherry pick a team that had everything, Great defense, great O Line, Great WR's and TE's, Really decent QB...only thing they were missing was a brand name coach, he couldn't win it too?

TB in TB, the most SB ready team he could find, won the SB as expected when he announced that he was going to the team that he was expected to go to due to only needing a good QB, then doesn't make it to the SB the next year, then barely squeaks into the playoffs the next year...see a trend here?

Yeah, spare me the horse shit.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate that and I feel that if we had 6 other coaches Reid, Tomlin, Vrabel ( ton of injuries to team inc QB) Daboll , Pederson and Campbell we would be in the playoffs, all worse rosters. Maybe even McDaniels in Miami. I am leaving out guys like Siriani, McCarthy etc because their team are stacked. We used to be the least penalized team and we lost games because of boneheaded plays. I remember one game Mac throws a TD, and nullified because BB called a TO, he throws a td on next play and nullified because of holding. Dumb OC;s cant get their plays in on time and may delay of games. BB started out his career as being a ST coach and what happened yesterday? And yes I know Reid's team is stacked but I have seen him win with McNabb, Vick, Smith and Mahomes, prob missing a few. BB has never won w/o any other QB than Brady. Kosar, Testerverde, and Bledsoe who took NE to the SB and BB went 5-13 with him. Kosar used to take the Browns to playoff quite a few times
This from a Monday morning armchair team owner, when everyone with actual football experience says otherwise.

Even Sexy Rexy loves him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes I know Reid's team is stacked but I have seen him win with McNabb, Vick, Smith and Mahomes, prob missing a few. BB has never won w/o any other QB than Brady. Kosar, Testerverde, and Bledsoe who took NE to the SB and BB went 5-13 with him. Kosar used to take the Browns to playoff quite a few times
How many SB's did Reid win without Mahomes?
How many SB's has he been to?

How many times did Kosar win the SB without Bill? Playoffs? His 1st 5 years. Then none. Before Bill took over.
"Earlier this year, Belichick ordered Kosar to stop changing plays at the line of scrimmage. Then, three games ago, he benched him.
When new starter Vinny Testaverde suffered a separated shoulder against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Kosar returned to the starting lineup. But Sunday against the Denver Broncos, he found himself in more trouble with the boss.
Before the game, after studying the film, Kosar pointed out that the Broncos could probably be kept off balance by throwing the ball on second and third downs.
Belichick did not agree with that strategy, but in the second half, Kosar ignored him and threw those passes anyway."

Yeah bad of a coach to let a past his prime QB undermine him...

Testaverde? Mr. Hall of Pretty Good himself? How many times did he carry a team (of which he played for A LOT) to a SB?
Bledsoe? Pete Carrol has been to a couple SB's. Any of them with my man Drew? Playoffs?

200.gif

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many SB's did Reid win without Mahomes?
How many SB's has he been to?

How many times did Kosar win the SB without Bill? Playoffs? His 1st 5 years. Then none. Before Bill took over.
"Earlier this year, Belichick ordered Kosar to stop changing plays at the line of scrimmage. Then, three games ago, he benched him.
When new starter Vinny Testaverde suffered a separated shoulder against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Kosar returned to the starting lineup. But Sunday against the Denver Broncos, he found himself in more trouble with the boss.
Before the game, after studying the film, Kosar pointed out that the Broncos could probably be kept off balance by throwing the ball on second and third downs.
Belichick did not agree with that strategy, but in the second half, Kosar ignored him and threw those passes anyway."

Yeah bad of a coach to let a past his prime QB undermine him...

Testaverde? Mr. Hall of Pretty Good himself? How many times did he carry a team (of which he played for A LOT) to a SB?
Bledsoe? Pete Carrol has been to a couple SB's. Any of them with my man Drew? Playoffs?

200.gif
He took NFC team to 3 NFCG in a row besides the 4 AFCG now with KC. YT Im not gonna beat a dead horse, all I have been saying is BB is .477 w/o 1 player and .778 with 1 playoff win w/0 to over 30 with. Arians looked like a great coach with TB is all I'm saying. Until BB can prove he can just get into playoffs and maybe win a game or 2 , I will feel the way I do. Guy gets fired in Cleveland and comes here and probably gets fired after season 2 if Bledsoe doesn't go down, lot of talk about that here and wallah the only difference is the D. Now don't get me wrong he is a great Defensive guy and big reason they won the first 3 SB's, TB wasn't asked much, just not dumb turnovers, but Bill could not win without this guy. I'm not gonna change your mind and you're not gonna change mine. Listen to WBZ and WEEI, you are in the minority now, the pixie dust has worn off and people are seeing the old man behind the curtain with the big mic " I am the great Wizard of Foxborough"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took NFC team to 3 NFCG in a row besides the 4 AFCG now with KC. YT Im not gonna beat a dead horse, all I have been saying is BB is .477 w/o 1 player and .778 with 1 playoff win w/0 to over 30 with. Arians looked like a great coach with TB is all I'm saying. Until BB can prove he can just get into playoffs and maybe win a game or 2 , I will feel the way I do. Guy gets fired in Cleveland and comes here and probably gets fired after season 2 if Bledsoe doesn't go down, lot of talk about that here and wallah the only difference is the D. Now don't get me wrong he is a great Defensive guy and big reason they won the first 3 SB's, TB wasn't asked much, just not dumb turnovers, but Bill could not win without this guy. I'm not gonna change your mind and you're not gonna change mine. Listen to WBZ and WEEI, you are in the minority now, the pixie dust has worn off and people are seeing the old man behind the curtain with the big mic " I am the great Wizard of Foxborough"
There is some truth to what you say.
Stats don't lie, but they don't tell the whole truth either.
Brady was and is the greatest QB of all time.
But he didn't win it on his own. Bill surrounded him with players that could make it happen.
Amendola, Hogan, Moss, Edelman, Gronk, Welker, Watson, Bennett, O Line standouts, So many defensive players over the years, not to mention the CONSTANT brain drain.
And when the salary cap finally cornered Bill, Brady left. Bill said it flat out. "I mortgaged the future to win one more SB while TB was still here" That was after the win over Seattle. They won two more and went to three after that?
Bill is not the problem.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some truth to what you say.
Stats don't lie, but they don't tell the whole truth either.
Brady was and is the greatest QB of all time.
But he didn't win it on his own. Bill surrounded him with players that could make it happen.
Amendola, Hogan, Moss, Edelman, Gronk, Welker, Watson, Bennett, O Line standouts, So many defensive players over the years, not to mention the CONSTANT brain drain.
And when the salary cap finally cornered Bill, Brady left. Bill said it flat out. "I mortgaged the future to win one more SB while TB was still here" That was after the win over Seattle. They won two more and went to three after that?
Bill is not the problem.
Stats don't lie TB was in on every playoff win for BB except for 1 game in Cleveland. Take out TB for BB and Mahomes for Reid and neither has a SB but BB has 3 playoff games and Reid has 26 playoff games. BB is a fugazee , a fraud. He is the Phil Jackson that can't win w/o Jordan or Shaq-Kobe. Difference is that Phil was smarten enough to get out early enough not to soil his legacy, BB want's to beat Shula cause of his ego, but he is staining his legacy, and his " greatness" is dropping. Now I know that Reid has had way more seasons with diff QB's so should have more playoff wins, I just need to see BB get over that .500 hump with a decent team here. And doesn't have to win SB's because they are very hard and some teams go 25 years between them but just get into the playoffs and make a little run, not fold like a Kmart suit

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This absolutely nails it. This shit is on the coaching staff
We all, me included, bitched about Mac's tantrums on the field and sideline.

After seeing how badly the offense staff was during the ""ENTIRE"" season, I don't condone the behavior, but I see all of the things that set him off. The biggest problem is that Judge has never coached a QB. Mac needed both help and guidance and it just wasn't there.

Matt Cassell is hanging around Boston, doing part time gigs on all of the locals. Give him a call, he at least speaks QB language.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This absolutely nails it. This shit is on the coaching staff
1000% and if anybody listened to his presser and thinks he takes any responsibility is naive. He starts off with the bs "the blame starts with me" what else is he supposed to say as not only HC but GM. He blames Mac and Kraft not spending enough $$$ as the reason for the season and not that he made a mistake in bringing Patricia and Judge back and worse, to put them to call Offense. And look at the money he spent on Henry, Jonnu and Agholar, Ray Charles throwing over 100 mill away. Sure Mac was a crybaby on the field, and has an anger issue but we never saw that once last year that I can recall, but he openly challenges for what the rest of team is thinking or saying to him. BB lost the locker room in 2019 starting with TB and Gronk with the Butler BS lie in SB amongst other things, and even though they had a 12-4 season, TB was done with BB bs, and happening again here

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like he is a presence when he attends them
I have seen happier people at wakes and funerals. Guy has the personality of a guy with a few days to live and thinks being a Communist leader works into today's age is fooling himself. Then his red staff go elsewhere and try the same bs and it fails. He had TB as a whipping boy for 20 years that was grateful for getting a shot and had that huge chip, and TB had the rest of team fall into place. Guys like Revis and many more would say " WTF he talks and treats TB like that and Tom takes it, guess we will too plus you are winning, so easier

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from a NE Patriots' Offensive Lineman after Sunday's loss.

"If we had the same blocking schemes as we did last year, we would not have given up half of the sacks we did this year."

Matt Patricia is the Offensive Line Coach.

Makes one wonder how far from Dante's blocking schemes that Patricia went?

Was it the blocking schemes or the blockers???