• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #16 Jacksonville Jaguars vs NE Patriots Jan. 2, 2022 1:00 PM CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed I have watch T Higgins for the Bengals I like that cat a lot. Not sure his status but that's the type WR we need.
Look back at the draft last year and you'll see that I wanted BB to draft Tee Higgins WR Clemson. He's 6'3" and a burner. He had great hands in college. I also wanted BB to get Amon St, Brown this year, but WRs were not in the mix.

Don't want to get into 2022 draft talk right now but right now the priorities seem to be LT, RT, WR, CB. Pick your own order.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think the just bumped Bmore for the wildcard spot

Ya. They're currently in the 7 spot just behind NE. Ahead of BAL, LV, and LAC.

Miami has the Titans this week which should be a really good game. No matter what I expect a really tough game from them but if they beat the Titans they're going to have quite a bit of confidence for the NE game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what I expect a really tough game from them but if they beat the Titans they're going to have quite a bit of confidence for the NE game.
If they beat the Titans, that will knock the Titans behind Indy and Indy could be #2 with their easy finish.

Talk about scrambling eggs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Barnmore penalty was ridiculous. Seems against any decent offense the Pats cannot get off the field. The Patricia bend and break defense on full display it seems.

Regarding special teams, I wonder if Joe Judge will be looking for his old ST coach job back after this season?
Barmore was drawn off by the head-bob on the center. That could have been judged against the offense.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barmore was drawn off by the head-bob on the center. That could have been judged against the offense.

Could've been judged against the offense but wasn't and was a huge penalty against NE. I've never played on a football team so this is my completely inexperienced couch warrior self speaking but I've never understood defensive offsides. Don't fucking move until the ball is hiked. What is so fucking hard about that?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've been judged against the offense but wasn't and was a huge penalty against NE. I've never played on a football team so this is my completely inexperienced couch warrior self speaking but I've never understood defensive offsides. Don't fucking move until the ball is hiked. What is so fucking hard about that?
If you are playing high school football, you can wait for the snap.
With the speed of the NFL, if you do not anticipate and watch or tells, you will be late every time.
As a rookie, you have to take the pain of learning not to get suckered.

I have seen that head-bob called many times. It is against the rules after all.
The center is given some leeway. It must be nuanced. If the ref thinks he did it on purpose, he'll call it every time.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are playing high school football, you can wait for the snap.
With the speed of the NFL, if you do not anticipate and watch or tells, you will be late every time.
As a rookie, you have to take the pain of learning not to get suckered.

I have seen that head-bob called many times. It is against the rules after all.
The center is given some leeway. It must be nuanced. If the ref thinks he did it on purpose, he'll call it every time.

I didn't know the center couldn't move because I see the center moving all the time. And the center very obviously moved on that play. I always just assumed the center was exempt from that penalty.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the center couldn't move because I see the center moving all the time. And the center very obviously moved on that play. I always just assumed the center was exempt from that penalty.
The allow a head bob for the center because it's sort of a requirement for the position. Full body movement is disallowed but the centers use it as a tool to draw defensive players offside, sometime the get caught sometime the defensive guy gets caught. The ref just missed this call but this is not the reason the Pats lost the game. It's one play!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The allow a head bob for the center because it's sort of a requirement for the position. Full body movement is disallowed but the centers use it as a tool to draw defensive players offside, sometime the get caught sometime the defensive guy gets caught. The ref just missed this call but this is not the reason the Pats lost the game. It's one play!
There were a lot of plays. It was not an enjoyable game......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of plays. It was not an enjoyable game......
I agree but shit I'm onto Jacksonville. I rarely put the game on the refs because it's rarely the reason a team looses. There are to many reasons in the course of a game that a team looses. Not being able to tackle a QB comes to mind.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but shit I'm onto Jacksonville. I rarely put the game on the refs because it's rarely the reason a team looses. There are to many reasons in the course of a game that a team looses. Not being able to tackle a QB comes to mind.
When the "best defense in football" cant pressure the QB or cover the WR's, we should expect to lose!
I'm on to Jacksonville.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look back at the draft last year and you'll see that I wanted BB to draft Tee Higgins WR Clemson. He's 6'3" and a burner. He had great hands in college. I also wanted BB to get Amon St, Brown this year, but WRs were not in the mix.

Don't want to get into 2022 draft talk right now but right now the priorities seem to be LT, RT, WR, CB. Pick your own order.
So you wanted the Pats to draft him instead of Mac, or should they have trade up further from Barmore?

I wanted the Pats to draft Waddle, Jones, Chase and as a backup QB, Lawrence.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you wanted the Pats to draft him instead of Mac, or should they have trade up further from Barmore?

I wanted the Pats to draft Waddle, Jones, Chase and as a backup QB, Lawrence.
You just can't quit can you?

Grapefruit sized balls behind the keyboard.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just can't quit can you?

Grapefruit sized balls behind the keyboard.
When have I ever, ever typed anything that could be interpreted as a threat?

Can you say the same? The irony is you posting this is you "just not quitting". You post thousands of player prospectives, then show up and say I told you so... The absolute definition of a broken clock being correct twice a day.

Your right, I don't have to post a reply... but I have a hard time not calling out bullshit.

How about answering the substance of my post? When the hell were they supposed to draft Tee Higgins? They had a choice and it was Mac. Then they had a chance to make a play on a second top notch player and that was Barmore. Again, how could they have also gotten Higgins?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Higgins was a rookie last year. Ja'Marr Chase is a rookie WR for the Bengals this year. I think there is some confusion here.

There could never be Mac or Higgins.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Higgins was a rookie last year. Ja'Marr Chase is a rookie WR for the Bengals this year. I think there is some confusion here.

There could never be Mac or Higgins.
No confusion for me, I just stated I liked Higgins in the hopes that if or when he becomes a FA the Pats will take a look at him at least a look