• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #16 Jacksonville Jaguars vs NE Patriots Jan. 2, 2022 1:00 PM CBS

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be in Chattanooga, TN when they take the field.

Hopefully they will not embarrass themselves.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the Pats losing this game.

Pats 28

Jags 13

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see the Pats losing this game.
They've got a very tough defense and have given a lot of teams fits.

They beat the Dolphins and the Bills and nearly beat the Jets yesterday.

I don't think they'll have the offense to beat the Pats but I get the feeling that this will be a lot closer than we think.

Pats 24
Jags 20

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suddenly don't care if we win this game because even if we make the playoffs we're more than likely one and done. That's a big IF we make the playoffs.

Still,

Pats 16 Jags 13

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suddenly don't care if we win this game because even if we make the playoffs we're more than likely one and done. That's a big IF we make the playoffs.

Still,

Pats 16 Jags 13
I don't know BB has the ability to play spoiler. But yeah the Chiefs Bengals playing some real good ball right now

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kansas City Chiefs, 10-4 (AFC West leader)

2. Tennessee Titans, 10-5 (AFC South leader)

3. Cincinnati Bengals, 9-6 (AFC North leader)

4. Buffalo Bills, 9-6 (AFC East leader)

5. Indianapolis Colts, 9-6 (First wild card)

6. New England Patriots, 9-6 (Second wild card)

7. Pittsburgh Steelers, 7-6-1 (Third wild card)

If these standings hold Week 1 Playoffs:

#7 Steelers @ #2 Titans
#6 Patriots @ #3 Bengals
#5 Colts @ #4 Bills

If I had to bet $10,000 on wins only, My money would be on:

Titans
Patriots
Colts

Patriots at Kansas City and Colts at Titans. I honestly could see the Patriots at Indy for a rematch and the AFC Championship.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still,

Pats 16 Jags 13
Is disagree. Buffalo was a tough matchup for us that we could have won.
It wasn't that we were bad or they were that good. They were better on that day.

Who's to say we won't get a more favorable matchup in the 2nd round? 3rd? Etc.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't that we were bad or they were that good. They were better on that day.

At the beginning of the season we had a very difficult time stopping teams. The Dallas game comes to mind though there were others. Then we suddenly became the best defense in the NFL. Now two weeks in a row our defense can't get off the field against decent competition and our offense isn't good enough to help them out.

I sure hope I'm wrong but IMO NE is going to struggle mightily against any of the good teams moving forward.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the beginning of the season we had a very difficult time stopping teams. The Dallas game comes to mind though there were others. Then we suddenly became the best defense in the NFL. Now two weeks in a row our defense can't get off the field against decent competition and our offense isn't good enough to help them out.

I sure hope I'm wrong but IMO NE is going to struggle mightily against any of the good teams moving forward.
I agree, no gimme games at all.
The teams remaining smell blood in the water and know how to handle the Pat's.

We started the season expecting rebuilding and that's what we get. Though it was nice to dream big for a while there.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Offense just isn't good enough to overcome Turnovers and costly penalties. I swear we have a couple penalties a game that take away huge gains and it's a moral killer.

Mac is a rookie.
WR's are very inconsistent and we don't have a true #1. Just a few #2's.
TE's inconsistent too. Mainly J. Smith.
RB's are always hurt. Can't help this. Getting hit takes it toll on almost anybody.
OLine is very inconsistent too. Some games they look like dominate badass's. Sometimes they look like a High School team.

Defense.... I don't have many complaints except that we can't get constant pressure on a QB. No sacks yesterday. Dumb plays like Barmore's offsides are killers.

Special Teams.... nothing special this year. Folk is good at FG's. Scares me on extra points. Have we had a good Kick or Punt return this year???

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Offense just isn't good enough to overcome Turnovers and costly penalties. I swear we have a couple penalties a game that take away huge gains and it's a moral killer.

Mac is a rookie.
WR's are very inconsistent and we don't have a true #1. Just a few #2's.
TE's inconsistent too. Mainly J. Smith.
RB's are always hurt. Can't help this. Getting hit takes it toll on almost anybody.
OLine is very inconsistent too. Some games they look like dominate badass's. Sometimes they look like a High School team.

Defense.... I don't have many complaints except that we can't get constant pressure on a QB. No sacks yesterday. Dumb plays like Barmore's offsides are killers.

Special Teams.... nothing special this year. Folk is good at FG's. Scares me on extra points. Have we had a good Kick or Punt return this year???
Yeah J Smith is looking like money wasted, Hunter Henry is doing well but again WRs just suck couple this with inconsistent O line play and how much is really on Mac? Some for sure but damn Harry is out there simply as a blocker now that's it

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Barnmore penalty was ridiculous. Seems against any decent offense the Pats cannot get off the field. The Patricia bend and break defense on full display it seems.

Regarding special teams, I wonder if Joe Judge will be looking for his old ST coach job back after this season?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a true #1 and a really good #2.
What we have is a bunch of so so #2's maybe good #3's.

And Harry.
Agreed I have watch T Higgins for the Bengals I like that cat a lot. Not sure his status but that's the type WR we need.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a true #1 and a really good #2.
What we have is a bunch of so so #2's maybe good #3's.

And Harry.
To bad Harry from Harry and the Henderson's wasn't around. He make a dam good TE. John Lithgow could have trained him since he was a TE in "World According to Garp".

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry Southie but did we watch the same game?

NE was awful. Jones looked terrible. A handful of his passes were Camesque.

The D couldn't stop a nose bleed. They came out to contain Allen and never changed up. They may have kept him from a bunch of big runs but they got zero pressure on him and the zone D looked non exsistant.
Buf had ZERO punts, ZERO!

I was so frustrated watching this game. It didn't help that I had an English bloke over who I was trying to explain the game too.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody watching this Miami game? Not trying to look past the Jags but damn Miami looks good.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Southie but did we watch the same game?

NE was awful. Jones looked terrible. A handful of his passes were Camesque.

The D couldn't stop a nose bleed. They came out to contain Allen and never changed up. They may have kept him from a bunch of big runs but they got zero pressure on him and the zone D looked non exsistant.
Buf had ZERO punts, ZERO!

I was so frustrated watching this game. It didn't help that I had an English bloke over who I was trying to explain the game too.
I won't disagree with a word of this, but if JC doesn't whiff on Allen, there a good chance the Pats were in position to drive and win the game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree with a word of this, but if JC doesn't whiff on Allen, there a good chance the Pats were in position to drive and win the game.
Regardless it's still a loss. Poor game plan and poor execution AGAIN.