• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #15 Buffalo Bills vs NE Patriots MNF 12/28/2020 8:30 PM ESPN/ABC

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick embarrassed himself and his team last night. He also let McDermott rub his nose in that pile of shit. McDermott was bitching at the offivials with 9 minutes to play and the Bills up 38-9. By rubbing his nose in crap, McDermott had his back up on on the field trying to embarrass the the Pats even more with 7 minutes to go on 4th and 2 trying to pull them offsides. Barkley with up to the line three times and started his count and then backed off and the O-Line was moving and the stripes didn't even reach for a flag. At least the Patriots were disciplined enough to stay in place.

Worse, BB finally put Stidham into the game along with a back up O=line and the poor guy was running for his life. But he embarrassed BB by completing 4 passes for 44 yards and having more passing yardage than Cam in three quarters. If you have the game on DVR, watch the WRs. Stidham's running trying to direct traffic and the WRs are trotting, not running full speed. Stidham had one sack on the sideline by Milano who has been beaten mercilessly as a Dolphin and a Bill until last night and he was whooping around like he was Aaron Donald.

I think BB and staff need a kick in the ass. If you don't give a shit, find a new job because you certainly weren't doing your job last night.

We all know that this team is not elite or even all that good. But not trying to put all of the pieces together and try to make the puzzle is worst than trying something and having it fail.

After this shitstorm, I certainly hope that BB has some kind of plan for next year. I can't take this kind of crap for another year.

I also hope that Johnathan Kraft starts acting like the President of Football Operations and gets more involved in staffing this team. Time to tell BB that he's the HC/GM and that might have to change.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference between BB and an average hack. Cam gave Pats a great deal and unfortunately played no better (and arguably worse) than that value. The Pats could bench him and keep him from gaining incentives. We could agree that action is warranted. However, by ensuring he reaches the incentives the message is sent to future players that the team won't be screwing with them.

The average hack would just look at how he played and bench him and not look back to the intent when they initially signed him, and the message to others willing to make sacrifices to play here.

We know the Pats have a reputation for keeping as many nickels as possible, but not to spite those that already gave their share.

This tactic is similar to keeping any UFA who is worthy and sending the message to all UFAs that if you come here you'll have a fair chance and probably your best chance to make a team.
You don't screw players who have incentives and do their job to the best of their ability. Benching cam because he can't throw a football is because he's not able to play up to his ability. If he couldn't physically throw a football ten yards, you would never have given him an incentive laden contract. When he's failed to throw a pass ten yards over the middle and the noise of the ball hits the ground at nine yards at least twice a game, that's a serious problem in the NFL. Benching him might wake his ass up and maybe, just maybe he'll throw the next one ten yards and hit the receiver between the numbers and not bounce the ball into his knees. Benching Cam is not screwing him. It's teaching him a life lesson. If you can't do what you're being paid to do, your employer will find someone who can.

The average hack knows the intent that he was signed and has given him 16 weeks to do it. Intent has nothing to do with performance. Others who come here will try to do what is expected when signed. If they fail, BB doesn't hesitate to put someone else in their place. Ho many times has BB pulled someone for a screwup? Chung, McCourty, Hightower, Michel, have all been on the sideline watching and when they've gone back in, they don't make the same mistake. The most famous benching was Malcom Butler and that was a Super Bowl game and not a meaningless, end of the a horrible season finale.

I'm sorry, but I personally believe that this is BB's ego telling everyone that he runs the show and he will not luisten to anyone, especially is there's as much as a pubic hair chance that those people screaming for a change might be right. Worse, he's not doing iut it because he knows that their right. Cam Newton is Bill Belichick's worst failure as a head coach and he won't shoot the horse with a broken leg.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick embarrassed himself and his team last night. He also let McDermott rub his nose in that pile of shit. McDermott was bitching at the offivials with 9 minutes to play and the Bills up 38-9. By rubbing his nose in crap, McDermott had his back up on on the field trying to embarrass the the Pats even more with 7 minutes to go on 4th and 2 trying to pull them offsides. Barkley with up to the line three times and started his count and then backed off and the O-Line was moving and the stripes didn't even reach for a flag. At least the Patriots were disciplined enough to stay in place.

Worse, BB finally put Stidham into the game along with a back up O=line and the poor guy was running for his life. But he embarrassed BB by completing 4 passes for 44 yards and having more passing yardage than Cam in three quarters. If you have the game on DVR, watch the WRs. Stidham's running trying to direct traffic and the WRs are trotting, not running full speed. Stidham had one sack on the sideline by Milano who has been beaten mercilessly as a Dolphin and a Bill until last night and he was whooping around like he was Aaron Donald.

I think BB and staff need a kick in the ass. If you don't give a shit, find a new job because you certainly weren't doing your job last night.

We all know that this team is not elite or even all that good. But not trying to put all of the pieces together and try to make the puzzle is worst than trying something and having it fail.

After this shitstorm, I certainly hope that BB has some kind of plan for next year. I can't take this kind of crap for another year.

I also hope that Johnathan Kraft starts acting like the President of Football Operations and gets more involved in staffing this team. Time to tell BB that he's the HC/GM and that might have to change.
Well BB deserves having his face rubbed in shit and having teams run the score up on him. Turn about is fair play!

I hadn't realized the O line was also back up when Stid was in there, i did notice they were getting a lot of pressure on him. BB IMO really needs to start Stid this week W/ the starters let him get all the reps this week in practice and see what the kid might be able to do. If this is how BB treats young players maybe that is why they may have " Bad Attitudes"?

Johnathan Kraft seems like a bit of a pussy to me I can't see him standing his ground against BB.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnathan Kraft seems like a bit of a pussy to me I can't see him standing his ground against BB.
His father holds him back more often than not. JK is one smart dude. He was the creator of the deal that kept the players from walking out and he drafted the previous CBA that everyone, owners and players and union all bought 100%. He's also the guy that has kept Nick Caserio on the staff. My guess is that he's working his ass off trying to keep him here now that the panthers are offering him total control including all staff hirings.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His father holds him back more often than not. JK is one smart dude. He was the creator of the deal that kept the players from walking out and he drafted the previous CBA that everyone, owners and players and union all bought 100%. He's also the guy that has kept Nick Caserio on the staff. My guess is that he's working his ass off trying to keep him here now that the panthers are offering him total control including all staff hirings.
Well I'll accept your word on this, I can't argue it either way.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats decide to have an off season fire sale to help support the rebuild would you support or oppose that? If you support it what players would be targeted and what value would they hold?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing good about the game was that I remembered how young I was when they suckd that bad.
Wasn't all gray and not balding, good times.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats decide to have an off season fire sale to help support the rebuild would you support or oppose that? If you support it what players would be targeted and what value would they hold?
Yes

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes............................

Gilmore.......at worst 2nd round
Hightower.....at worst 3rd round
D. McCourty...at worst 3rd round

Or trade them for need like a WR or TE.

I'm not sure if others would be worth ditching. Most of the remainder are young and are developing.
I'm really excited about the way the kids have stepped up. Getting this much playing will be a real benefit.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing good about the game was that I remembered how young I was when they suckd that bad.
Wasn't all gray and not balding, good times.
I started watching the Pats around 73 I remember a lot of bad years but also remember the team always having a good amount of talent. It seemed to me we always lacked quality coaching. But the last 20 years have made up for all that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started watching the Pats around 73 I remember a lot of bad years but also remember the team always having a good amount of talent. It seemed to me we always lacked quality coaching. But the last 20 years have made up for all that.
In '73 I was home after 4 toyrs in Vietnam. You make me feel old.

I was a NY Giants fan from 1956 until 1960.

When Boston was awarded the Boston Patriots, I immediately got on the bus. My father recorded games on tape and sent them to me in Nam. if we weren't doing anything, we might get to see a playoff game and the Super Bowl was replayed for a week because they wanted to be sure that we all got a chance to see it at least once. The Pats never made the playoffs and I had to put up with a skinny little shit that was a Chargers fan. I haven't thought of him for nearly thirty years.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't screw players who have incentives and do their job to the best of their ability. Benching cam because he can't throw a football is because he's not able to play up to his ability. If he couldn't physically throw a football ten yards, you would never have given him an incentive laden contract. When he's failed to throw a pass ten yards over the middle and the noise of the ball hits the ground at nine yards at least twice a game, that's a serious problem in the NFL. Benching him might wake his ass up and maybe, just maybe he'll throw the next one ten yards and hit the receiver between the numbers and not bounce the ball into his knees. Benching Cam is not screwing him. It's teaching him a life lesson. If you can't do what you're being paid to do, your employer will find someone who can.

The average hack knows the intent that he was signed and has given him 16 weeks to do it. Intent has nothing to do with performance. Others who come here will try to do what is expected when signed. If they fail, BB doesn't hesitate to put someone else in their place. Ho many times has BB pulled someone for a screwup? Chung, McCourty, Hightower, Michel, have all been on the sideline watching and when they've gone back in, they don't make the same mistake. The most famous benching was Malcom Butler and that was a Super Bowl game and not a meaningless, end of the a horrible season finale.

I'm sorry, but I personally believe that this is BB's ego telling everyone that he runs the show and he will not luisten to anyone, especially is there's as much as a pubic hair chance that those people screaming for a change might be right. Worse, he's not doing iut it because he knows that their right. Cam Newton is Bill Belichick's worst failure as a head coach and he won't shoot the horse with a broken leg.
You don't shoot a horse with a broken leg unless it can't even limp or (this is a big one) you have a better horse. That's the big unknown... I think what bugs you about BB is that he won't show his cards. That leaves you assuming he has no aces and calling him names like old and egomaniacal.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't shoot a horse with a broken leg unless it can't even limp or (this is a big one) you have a better horse. That's the big unknown... I think what bugs you about BB is that he won't show his cards. That leaves you assuming he has no aces and calling him names like old and egomaniacal.

Well.. He doesn't have many cards to show when it comes to the draft an offensive players. He needs to show his cards in this draft.... Not saying they have to immediately pay off but he has to at least flip a card or two.

Now, I am not calling for his resignation I won't do that but he needs to step it up

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That leaves you assuming he has no aces and calling him names like old and egomaniacal.
I do believe he's an egomaniac. Most people in his position are big egos and that's part of the reason that they are where they are.

Bill doesn't have any aces. I don't think he has many Kings either. Then again, I don't think that BB has ever had four aces or even a full house. The truth is that he's had some excellent hands but his opponents have never been able to bluff. Bill has always called and never folded.

2020 is the shittiest hand he's been dealt since he got here. Now we'll find out of he can shuffle this deck and deal himself a winning hand.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure if others would be worth ditching. Most of the remainder are young and are developing.
I'm really excited about the way the kids have stepped up. Getting this much playing will be a real benefit.
DMAC a 3rd at his age? I honestly thought he may hang em up! But if they could get a third from a contender I am cool with that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DMAC a 3rd at his age? I honestly thought he may hang em up! But if they could get a third from a contender I am cool with that.
Nope. He daid last week on an NFL Network show that he fully intends to play next.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got that wrong. so wrong. While we agree he sucks, plenty of guys have sucked as much and have been paid far more. Another team would have paid him double but he took BB's offer because he thought it was his best chance to improve for the future. It hasn't worked out.

For BB's part he had an agreement (speculation on my part) to give him all opportunities to earn the money. If Stidham were that much better all bets would have been off, but the mere fact he hasn't played tells us otherwise.
Not sure he was going to get paid double anywhere? How many other offers did he have? I don't recall any. Watching him this season, one can understand why.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you. Keep most the young kids they along with Meyer have been the only bright spots this year.

Judging value this year is going to be difficult. Between the cap and not having a lot of video of the draft class any trade value could either be shit or warrant a kings ransom hard to tell at this point.

Also lock up the Oline, I think it's Andrews and Thuney who are FAs. Pay them BB.