• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #13 NE Patriots vs Arizona Cardinals Monday, December 12, 2022 8:15 PM ESPN

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough........................

Patriots get an 11 day break before they face the Cardinals in their home.

Patriots are 6-6 and the Cardinals are 4-8. Is this their last shot to show what they can do against a team who may or may not have their starting QB or is this the beginning of a little bit of redemption? Cards, Bengals, Raiders, Bills and Dolphins are the remaining games. 2-3? 3-2? 4-1? 5-0 and a Wildcard?

Let's just take them one at a time and try to put together a win in Phoenix.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No predicition

Time
To
Tank

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if this team has a full month to prepare for a team... They have no offense and with Patricia as OC this team is going no where!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will win this one though it doesn't matter because there's no playoffs for us this year.

Pats 23 Cards 13

I really really hope this shitty season was by design and BB has a master plan for next season when we have money to spend. We do have a solid defense with many of those players returning next season and some of them great young draft picks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will win this one though it doesn't matter because there's no playoffs for us this year.

Pats 23 Cards 13

I really really hope this shitty season was by design and BB has a master plan for next season when we have money to spend. We do have a solid defense with many of those players returning next season and some of them great young draft picks.
I suspect he knew it would be a rough year. No cap space, 2nd year QB, Scar Gone etc

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if this team has a full month to prepare for a team... They have no offense and with Patricia as OC this team is going no where!
A little rest can’t be all that bad.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Murray is back we lose. 24-9

If its the Scrub Backup QB we lose 21-9

Mac actually attempts to choke Patricia out because of the horrible play calling but because of bacon grease on Patricia's shirt collar he slips out avoiding certain death.
Shit I wonder how much of that stuff he has in his beard.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect he knew it would be a rough year. No cap space, 2nd year QB, Scar Gone etc
You think he put Matt in as the play caller to assure a shitty season? Right now they're failing at tanking at 6-6.

As of today, this is where they draft:

i

16. New England Patriots (6-5)​

Average draft position: 15.7
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 8.8%

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know if this is the right thread to say it, but damn we are spoiled as fans. Even with all the bad play, Pats are still .500 and as good or better than half the teams in the league. Could be worse.

Can only hope for a respectable performance down the stretch and that BB addresses in 2023 the key issues that are holding back the team.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he put Matt in as the play caller to assure a shitty season? Right now they're failing at tanking at 6-6.

As of today, this is where they draft:

i

16. New England Patriots (6-5)​

Average draft position: 15.7
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 8.8%
I never said he put Matt in to fail my take is putting Matt in is failing. At 16 we can likely get an OT maybe Paris Johnson OSU or Peter Skoronski Northwestern. Point of my time to tank posts was drafting at 15 to 17 may get a decent OT 18+ maybe not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know if this is the right thread to say it, but damn we are spoiled as fans. Even with all the bad play, Pats are still .500 and as good or better than half the teams in the league. Could be worse.
After 20 years of constant winning, AFCCG, and Super Bowls, we expect BB to keep the team competitive. It's become very apparent that without Tom Brady to operate the offense, the machine is missing a critical cog. Cam Newton certainly wasn't a repair or even a working part. Mac Jones appears to have the diameters but for some unknown reason doesn't quite fit with the other pieces. Having Matty as the play caller is sorta like rebuilding a 1972, 327 Cobra. You get it near perfect and hook it back up with all of the original hoses, plugs and distribution cap. Everyone steps back and wonders why the engine won't start and the cooling hoses are leaking.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 20 years of constant winning, AFCCG, and Super Bowls, we expect BB to keep the team competitive. It's become very apparent that without Tom Brady to operate the offense, the machine is missing a critical cog. Cam Newton certainly wasn't a repair or even a working part. Mac Jones appears to have the diameters but for some unknown reason doesn't quite fit with the other pieces. Having Matty as the play caller is sorta like rebuilding a 1972, 327 Cobra. You get it near perfect and hook it back up with all of the original hoses, plugs and distribution cap. Everyone steps back and wonders why the engine won't start and the cooling hoses are leaking.
We've been discussing the reasons for months. I'm not saying the definitive reason has been chosen... But all the candidates have certainly been nominated.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a funny analogy but I like it. Seems most of the pieces are there, maybe a few aren’t OEM and don’t quite fit, so the engine is sputtering. If Matt is the floor mechanic who can’t fit the pieces together, you have to wonder what the head mechanic is doing when sourcing the parts and labor.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the game next week … The Arizona Cardinals have a 7-8 record against the Patriots all-time. Maybe this belongs in the Stupid News thread? :scratch:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Matt is the floor mechanic who can’t fit the pieces together, you have to wonder what the head mechanic is doing when sourcing the parts and labor.
Looking for a huge tube of grease to make things fit.

Of course they didn't have the money to buy new plugs, a new distributor cap or new hoses.

Biggest problem is that Bill refused to hire a new master offensive mechanic.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Cardinals game.

The Patriots' O-Line has been bad, but the Cards aren't much better off. Judon, Uche and Wise might have huge games if the reports ar accurate.

From Tyler Drake - Arizona Sports

Offensive Line will not be the same in 2023

Center Rodney Hudson and left guard Justin Pugh appear at the end of their careers, each dealing with lengthy injury issues this season. Right guard Will Hernandez is on a one-year deal and has spent time on the IR, right tackle Kelvin Beachum is an unrestricted free agent after this season and the team’s only healthy opening-day starter. Left tackle D.J. Humphries is suffering from a back injury that cut his season to eight games.