• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

G5 shakeup?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But back on topic. I will stop with listing UMners of influence and innovation, my only point was that there is a reason the B1G requires/wants only schools with significant research departments, the B1G along with Chicago are a cooperative organization of sorts and so if they expand, they want that expansion to benefit their research alliance as much as possible, and hopefully sports as well, but sports is secondary for the B1G.

But I am not sure any other conference cares about such things? Maybe the Pac? Or the ACC, maybe?

But the conferences with the most movement going on right now are all conferences that I doubt that makes a difference?

I get a little tired of all the movement and changes, but at the same time it should/could bring about some new and interesting matchups and down the line some new rivalries as well. And the more the top schools in the G5 move up into better conferences, the better chance more good matchups will come up in the future. As some school's schedules of the past were very unimpressive and boring. WMU's from Fleck's last year there for example. Miami of Ohio from back when they had Roethlisberger, I doubt they played a single Top 25 team the whole year after their opening thumping they got from Iowa?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, how are you feeling about Cincy going to the Big 12? I've been saying that the Big 12 should snag Cincy for years, just too bad they waited til UT and OU left to send the invite.

Who else would you like to see come into that conf with Cincy?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna happen. That's just CUSA's way of throwing a Hail Mary in the hopes that they don't get raided by both the AAC & the SBC. They could even lose teams to the MWC.
I agree. I think that UAB, North Texas, Rice, UTSA and both of their Florida schools are possibilities to end up somewhere else.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna happen. That's just CUSA's way of throwing a Hail Mary in the hopes that they don't get raided by both the AAC & the SBC. They could even lose teams to the MWC.

I agree. It's probably not going to happen but it would be really cool if it did. I've been hoping for a regional conference ever since the old WAC split up.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fau and charlotte....yes
Utsa and uab...maybe
Unt and rice....no
I can see FAU, Charlotte, UAB and one of those Texas schools but don’t see the need for three offhand. For schools five and six, I would’ve figured they’d go for Marshall and like a Southern Miss instead. Either way, CUSA is going to be hurting and as a result, searching anywhere and everywhere to replace all of those teams.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see FAU, Charlotte, UAB and one of those Texas schools but don’t see the need for three offhand. For schools five and six, I would’ve figured they’d go for Marshall and like a Southern Miss instead. Either way, CUSA is going to be hurting and as a result, searching anywhere and everywhere to replace all of those teams.
Let it die....if I was sun belt I'd tell them to go scratch. I also agree with the article that 12 is fine going to 14 does nothing but make everyone earn less.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it die....if I was sun belt I'd tell them to go scratch. I also agree with the article that 12 is fine going to 14 does nothing but make everyone earn less.
There’s four teams I can at least see them trying to lure in: Liberty, James Madison, Coastal Carolina and Georgia State. I really can’t even see them being interested in UMass or New Mexico St. or even anyone in the MAC.
But do think that the Sun Belt would be happy to see the conference falter since during the the last bout of realignment, CUSA purged a lot of their schools after the AAC snatched up a lot of their schools.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a done deal. From what I am hearing, the application process is just a formality. the AAC has already agreed to take all six.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a done deal. From what I am hearing, the application process is just a formality. the AAC has already agreed to take all six.
I’m just hoping that if CUSA dissolves, WKU can find a home somewhere.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coastal Carolina needs to get the hell out of dodge fast. Program is becoming too talented for this deserted wasteland. But where though... Smh.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just hoping that if CUSA dissolves, WKU can find a home somewhere.

Yesterday our local news said that the SB will invite ODU and Marshall leaving only 5 in CUSA.