• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FUCK wilfork likely out rest of season

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, why not....better get a fatty quick!! Plenty of good ones in the draft that we just skipped over. This is not good.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a list:
Defensive Tackles

Richard Seymour
Corey Williams
D'Anthony Smith
Casey Hampton
Sione Pouha
Spencer Johnson
Kyle Love
Shaun Cody
Rocky Bernard
Brandon McKinney
Antonio Garay
Maake Kemoeatu
Ron Edwards
Torell Troup
Ron Brace

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that really sucks wilfork is a great player and leader. torn achillies suck, nasty injury. they better get armstead in there next week i dont care if he has the bublonic plague. we need him NOW.

this injury hurts us from a leadership point but it might not be too bad. wilfork is a nosetackle and normally you dont play nosetackles in a 4-3 defense, unless you run a weird one like minesota did with their two big dt's in the middle. seriously how many sacks does wilfork get or have? maybe one or two a year probably coverage sacks too? get armstead in their our passrush will improve. we may get run on a bit more with wilfork out but it probably wont be that bad cuz we have very good linebackers. if we cant get armstead in there we may be in trouble. dt is already thin and now we lose one of our starters. we can be ok if we can get armstead in there but whatever is going on with him is like a god damn mystery.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that really sucks wilfork is a great player and leader. torn achillies suck, nasty injury. they better get armstead in there next week i dont care if he has the bublonic plague. we need him NOW.

this injury hurts us from a leadership point but it might not be too bad. wilfork is a nosetackle and normally you dont play nosetackles in a 4-3 defense, unless you run a weird one like minesota did with their two big dt's in the middle. seriously how many sacks does wilfork get or have? maybe one or two a year probably coverage sacks too? get armstead in their our passrush will improve. we may get run on a bit more with wilfork out but it probably wont be that bad cuz we have very good linebackers. if we cant get armstead in there we may be in trouble. dt is already thin and now we lose one of our starters. we can be ok if we can get armstead in there but whatever is going on with him is like a god damn mystery.

Its not that Briz...he takes up 2 guys all the time. Now the double Kelly and go one on one with who ever else. Whoever we bring in to replace him, is not going to be as good.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats true but vince is not a passrusher he really gives us nothing there. if you can get a guy like armstead in there who can get to the qb you have more chances to get a sack cuz all 4 guys on the line can rush instead of just three. it will hurt the run defense more since vince takes up two guys but our linebackers are huge and built to stop the run, i think we be ok.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilfork is a great DT and eats up blockers. Our D-Line wont be as good.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are LB stopped the run cause Vince was taking up 2 guys, Kelly was also at times. That freed the LB to fill in the gaps and stop that run. Not as easy anymore. Now, I am not saying they are going to suck and give up 150 a game, but have to make up for it when other teams do pass.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont deny wilfork is a great player and helps the run d tremdously, im just saying our linebackers are no scrubs and will hold their own without wilfork in there. hightower throws lineman around like ragdolls and spikes is a beast. it will probably hurt mayo the most if he gets more olineman on him now. i dont think its as serious a loss as you guys make it to be. 4-3 defenses normally dont use 3-4 nosetackles. 4-3 defense is designed to rush the passer, if we put another true 43 dt in there like armstead the passrush will be better i gaurantee you that.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilfork took two guys in the pass rush fairly often as well.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont deny wilfork is a great player and helps the run d tremdously, im just saying our linebackers are no scrubs and will hold their own without wilfork in there. hightower throws lineman around like ragdolls and spikes is a beast. it will probably hurt mayo the most if he gets more olineman on him now. i dont think its as serious a loss as you guys make it to be. 4-3 defenses normally dont use 3-4 nosetackles. 4-3 defense is designed to rush the passer, if we put another true 43 dt in there like armstead the passrush will be better i gaurantee you that.

I expect Hightower to be targeted in the short passing game from now on but he's stout against the run. That being said, they should explore trades for a DT or bring in Kyle Love for a tryout to see what kind of shape he's in.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how we slice this, it sucks ROYALLY!

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilfork is among their absolute best players. Losing him hurts, period. I don't know how they compensate, but that's going to have huge implications for their defense going forward.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This hurts enormously. Wilfork takes on 2 OL which frees up the Patriots "pass rush" and this makes teams worried about who they will put on Wilfork. Now teams will be a little more comfortable not going up against him. Not to mention he was a leader of the defense. Yes he rarely got to the QB but he made it so much easier for everyone else on the D to do it.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 guns aimed at the qb is better than 3 no matter what. in a sad way this help our defense and i hate to say it cuz i love vince to death. but now we can get 4 passrushers on the field and be a true 4-3 defense. there will be more consistent passrush and more sacks. vince doesnt even get qb pressures hardly.

wilfork comes out of the game on 3rd down in passing situations, if he helps the passrush so much taking up double teams why do they take him out of the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say this makes our team better you are deluded pretty badly.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say this makes our team better you are deluded pretty badly.

^

Wilfork is possibly their best defensive player. Losing him is a DISASTER.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 guns aimed at the qb is better than 3 no matter what. in a sad way this help our defense and i hate to say it cuz i love vince to death. but now we can get 4 passrushers on the field and be a true 4-3 defense. there will be more consistent passrush and more sacks. vince doesnt even get qb pressures hardly.

wilfork comes out of the game on 3rd down in passing situations, if he helps the passrush so much taking up double teams why do they take him out of the game?

In today's NFL no team is a true 4-3 or 3-4 defense anymore. Every defense is in some way a hybrid mix of everything. Where I would say it hurts is the fact teams will have an easier time running the football making the playaction and pass game that much more deadly if teams can now run on the Patriots. When you don't have to commit extra guys to stopping the run or at least don't have to worry about them running up the middle it makes life easier for everybody around Wilfork. I hated that guy when the Broncos would play him as he just engulfed the inside of the OL all by himself. IF teams can now push those DT's back into the linebackers it just makes it all that much more.

Also with Wilfork in the passing game I remember watching him at least collapse the pocket. He doesn't do much for causing pressure but anytime you can make that pocket a little smaller for the quarterback to throw in you have done a mighty fine job. The Broncos got to see this first hand last year where Flacco had a wide open pocket to run up into and launch the football 70 yards. That doesn't happen if the Broncos have a guy like Wilfork pushing those OL players straight back into the face of the quarterback or at least making the one on one match ups that much harder for the rest of the OL.

Hate to see any player go down. Good thing for the Patriots is they do seem to have pretty good depth and a coaching staff that knows how to cover up weaknesses and play to their strengths. Still think the Patriots win this division by 2 games.