• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FUCK wilfork likely out rest of season

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say this makes our team better you are deluded pretty badly.

yea about as deluded as everyone saying our defense is not elite when its being proven to them right before their eyes every week. we dont need wilfork to run an elite pure 43 defense.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's NFL no team is a true 4-3 or 3-4 defense anymore. Every defense is in some way a hybrid mix of everything. Where I would say it hurts is the fact teams will have an easier time running the football making the playaction and pass game that much more deadly if teams can now run on the Patriots. When you don't have to commit extra guys to stopping the run or at least don't have to worry about them running up the middle it makes life easier for everybody around Wilfork. I hated that guy when the Broncos would play him as he just engulfed the inside of the OL all by himself. IF teams can now push those DT's back into the linebackers it just makes it all that much more.

Also with Wilfork in the passing game I remember watching him at least collapse the pocket. He doesn't do much for causing pressure but anytime you can make that pocket a little smaller for the quarterback to throw in you have done a mighty fine job. The Broncos got to see this first hand last year where Flacco had a wide open pocket to run up into and launch the football 70 yards. That doesn't happen if the Broncos have a guy like Wilfork pushing those OL players straight back into the face of the quarterback or at least making the one on one match ups that much harder for the rest of the OL.

Hate to see any player go down. Good thing for the Patriots is they do seem to have pretty good depth and a coaching staff that knows how to cover up weaknesses and play to their strengths. Still think the Patriots win this division by 2 games.

go look up the definition of a 43 defense. wilfork collapsed the pocket once in a blue moon. it doesnt help. he is great against the run game that is it. he comes off the field already when teams pass!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go look up the definition of a 43 defense. wilfork collapsed the pocket once in a blue moon. it doesnt help. he is great against the run game that is it. he comes off the field already when teams pass!

You don't lose an All-Pro player like Wilfork without it hurting. Like I said teams will most likely have an easier time running and when a team can run it makes everything else easier. When a team is maybe getting 5 yards on first down now running the ball that opens up the whole playbook of what to do on 2nd and 3rd down. Throw in then it opens up the threat of play action. It also makes life more difficult on the linebackers because they are having OL get to them on that second level where before they were able to roam free to get to the ball carrier.

Now I'm not saying this means doom and gloom for the Patriots as teams have overcome losing important players. Look at the Broncos this year with losing their All-Pro Left Tackle and so far playing without their two best Defensive Players. They have done just fine. It does mean though that things will have to change up a bit to compensate for the loss of such an important player. For the Broncos they have had to commit a little more to helping the left side of the OL with blocking and on defense have had to bring more players to get any kind of pressure. It can work but it usually leaves a team a little more vulnerable. All players have to step up just even a little more to make up for the loss of such a player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I know the difference between a 4-3 and 3-4 defense. Now look at the NFL and see that no team runs strictly out of one formation all game long. They might call that their base defense but it doesn't mean it is their primary defense. The Broncos last year spent 65% of their time playing out of the nickel compared to the base 4-3 defense that they claim to be. They also spent time playing with 5, 4, 3, 2, and even 1 man fronts at times throughout the season. Every team in the NFL does this.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't lose an All-Pro player like Wilfork without it hurting. Like I said teams will most likely have an easier time running and when a team can run it makes everything else easier. When a team is maybe getting 5 yards on first down now running the ball that opens up the whole playbook of what to do on 2nd and 3rd down. Throw in then it opens up the threat of play action. It also makes life more difficult on the linebackers because they are having OL get to them on that second level where before they were able to roam free to get to the ball carrier.

Now I'm not saying this means doom and gloom for the Patriots as teams have overcome losing important players. Look at the Broncos this year with losing their All-Pro Left Tackle and so far playing without their two best Defensive Players. They have done just fine. It does mean though that things will have to change up a bit to compensate for the loss of such an important player. For the Broncos they have had to commit a little more to helping the left side of the OL with blocking and on defense have had to bring more players to get any kind of pressure. It can work but it usually leaves a team a little more vulnerable. All players have to step up just even a little more to make up for the loss of such a player.

hes not as important as you think in a 43 defense. when qbs are getting sacked left and right cuz armstead is in there and we got 4 horses coming after your precious peyton instead of 3 i dont think people will really give a crap about giving up a few more rushing yards. our linebackers are one of the best groups in the league against the run.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea about as deluded as everyone saying our defense is not elite when its being proven to them right before their eyes every week. we dont need wilfork to run an elite pure 43 defense.

Sometime I think you post just to get a rise out of people

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes not as important as you think in a 43 defense. when qbs are getting sacked left and right cuz armstead is in there and we got 4 horses coming after your precious peyton instead of 3 i dont think people will really give a crap about giving up a few more rushing yards. our linebackers are one of the best groups in the league against the run.

Ok you win you are right Vince Wilfork is overrated and losing him means jack squat to the Patriots defense. I guess I have no idea what I am talking about. Good luck with the idea that defenses being able to run on the Patriots easier will mean nothing when it comes to the game because they will be able to get after the quarterback more even though teams will just decide to run it more often and keep their quarterback out of harms way and that DL players will have to be worrying more about stopping the run as well instead of just pinning their ears back to go after the quarterback. I guess those things just won't matter. I guess it also doesn't matter for those linebackers because them having to take on an OL player now instead of having freedom to go straight for the running back will do nothing to stop them from stopping the run. I guess I had it all wrong when I thought Vince Wilfork helped the linebackers in the run game and helped them look good but it was the other way around in they made Wilfork look better.

It is ok to admit that losing a player of Wilfork's caliber will hurt the team. Every good team in the NFL has lost a key player this year and yes they can still rise above losing that one player but obviously things would be easier with them in the line up.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok you win you are right Vince Wilfork is overrated and losing him means jack squat to the Patriots defense. I guess I have no idea what I am talking about. Good luck with the idea that defenses being able to run on the Patriots easier will mean nothing when it comes to the game because they will be able to get after the quarterback more even though teams will just decide to run it more often and keep their quarterback out of harms way and that DL players will have to be worrying more about stopping the run as well instead of just pinning their ears back to go after the quarterback. I guess those things just won't matter. I guess it also doesn't matter for those linebackers because them having to take on an OL player now instead of having freedom to go straight for the running back will do nothing to stop them from stopping the run. I guess I had it all wrong when I thought Vince Wilfork helped the linebackers in the run game and helped them look good but it was the other way around in they made Wilfork look better.

It is ok to admit that losing a player of Wilfork's caliber will hurt the team. Every good team in the NFL has lost a key player this year and yes they can still rise above losing that one player but obviously things would be easier with them in the line up.

yep more delusions. like the pats defense isnt elite when they are one of the best defenses in the league this year, oh but they have played crap teams and no qbs blah blah good stuff. just like the pats offense will be horrible this year when they are still winning without gronk or amendola and are 4-0 with both coming back soon. just like the pats will be terrible without wilfork when we run a 4-3 and shouldnt be playing a 3-4 nosetackle in the first place and our linebackers are huge and great against the run. get out of here with your bullcrap, the pats will beat your donkeys your defense stinks and your run game sucks. im pretty sure peyton is going to be chucking the ball all over the place so an extra passrusher helps us more than having wilfork in there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep more delusions. like the pats defense isnt elite when they are one of the best defenses in the league this year, oh but they have played crap teams and no qbs blah blah good stuff. just like the pats offense will be horrible this year when they are still winning without gronk or amendola and are 4-0 with both coming back soon. just like the pats will be terrible without wilfork when we run a 4-3 and shouldnt be playing a 3-4 nosetackle in the first place and our linebackers are huge and great against the run. get out of here with your bullcrap, the pats will beat your donkeys your defense stinks and your run game sucks. im pretty sure peyton is going to be chucking the ball all over the place so an extra passrusher helps us more than having wilfork in there.

I am not one that has said any of those things about the Patriots. I said losing Wilfork is not doom and gloom as I still think the Patriots win the AFC East and I honestly think they will be the 2 seed in the AFC come playoff time. They are the biggest challenge the Broncos have in the AFC at this time.

Now having said that many of your arguments are ridiculous. The first being without Amendola and Gronk the offense has struggled so people saying the Patriots without them would struggle are true. This was the best offense in the NFL last year and now they are averaging 11.5 points less per game. Now once those 2 return and Brady gets a little more time with his new receivers I think they will be just fine but it makes sense why some were questioning how this offense would function losing so much from last year here at the beginning of the season.

Now I said without Wilfork the team can be fine it just means you have to make adjustments. Is that really so bad of me to say? I'm sorry that losing an All-Pro player to you means nothing but to me I think it means at least a little something for this defense in how they have to scheme. Just like the Broncos losing an All-Pro Left Tackle means they have to adjust the blocking scheme the same will be true in how the Patriots have to now scheme to stop the run. I'm not saying it is impossible or that they will fail it just means they will have to change a few things up. The linebackers can still have success it just means life might be a little more challenging for them but I do think they can rise to the occasion but I'm guessing if you asked them of whether they would rather have Wilfork in the game or not every single one of them would say they would rather have Wilfork in front of them. Ray Lewis used to credit his DL all the time for taking up all of the blockers in front of him so he could roam the field with ease. This is why the NFL is a team sport and what one player does or doesn't do can help or hurt all the other players around them.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not one that has said any of those things about the Patriots. I said losing Wilfork is not doom and gloom as I still think the Patriots win the AFC East and I honestly think they will be the 2 seed in the AFC come playoff time. They are the biggest challenge the Broncos have in the AFC at this time.

Now having said that many of your arguments are ridiculous. The first being without Amendola and Gronk the offense has struggled so people saying the Patriots without them would struggle are true. This was the best offense in the NFL last year and now they are averaging 11.5 points less per game. Now once those 2 return and Brady gets a little more time with his new receivers I think they will be just fine but it makes sense why some were questioning how this offense would function losing so much from last year here at the beginning of the season.

Now I said without Wilfork the team can be fine it just means you have to make adjustments. Is that really so bad of me to say? I'm sorry that losing an All-Pro player to you means nothing but to me I think it means at least a little something for this defense in how they have to scheme. Just like the Broncos losing an All-Pro Left Tackle means they have to adjust the blocking scheme the same will be true in how the Patriots have to now scheme to stop the run. I'm not saying it is impossible or that they will fail it just means they will have to change a few things up. The linebackers can still have success it just means life might be a little more challenging for them but I do think they can rise to the occasion but I'm guessing if you asked them of whether they would rather have Wilfork in the game or not every single one of them would say they would rather have Wilfork in front of them. Ray Lewis used to credit his DL all the time for taking up all of the blockers in front of him so he could roam the field with ease. This is why the NFL is a team sport and what one player does or doesn't do can help or hurt all the other players around them.

pats will be the #1 seed like they currently are right now, thanks to the donkeys pathetic schedule, go look it up.

everyone loves wilfork and we kept him because hes a great player and a good guy and patriot. but he doesnt fit a 4-3 defense, we were putting a square peg in a round hole ever since we transitioned to a 43 a couple years ago. you can play a nt in a 43 every scheme has variations to it but its not a pure 43 nor the best a 43 can be. the best a 43 can be are like the chicago bears in their prime not too long ago, they were consistently a top fantasy football defense for years. their 43 was deadly. the tampa bay bucs with warren sapp in their sb year another elite defense, the giants defense that beat us in the sb. the 43 defense is designed to destroy the qb, and at its best its the superior in todays passing league. 3-4 is dead unless you have godlike outside linebackers which is hard to find. its hard to hear and pretty shocking but if we want to run an elite 43 defense wilfork is not part of the equation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats will be the #1 seed like they currently are right now, thanks to the donkeys pathetic schedule, go look it up.

everyone loves wilfork and we kept him because hes a great player and a good guy and patriot. but he doesnt fit a 4-3 defense, we were putting a square peg in a round hole ever since we transitioned to a 43 a couple years ago. you can play a nt in a 43 every scheme has variations to it but its not a pure 43 nor the best a 43 can be. the best a 43 can be are like the chicago bears in their prime not too long ago, they were consistently a top fantasy football defense for years. their 43 was deadly. the tampa bay bucs with warren sapp in their sb year another elite defense, the giants defense that beat us in the sb. the 43 defense is designed to destroy the qb, and at its best its the superior in todays passing league. 3-4 is dead unless you have godlike outside linebackers which is hard to find. its hard to hear and pretty shocking but if we want to run an elite 43 defense wilfork is not part of the equation.

I guess time will tell. Obviously you have your opinion and I have mine. Can't wait for our 2 teams to meet later in the season and see what happens. Also not sure what the Broncos pathetic schedule has to do with the Patriots or the Broncos having the #1 seed?

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess time will tell. Obviously you have your opinion and I have mine. Can't wait for our 2 teams to meet later in the season and see what happens. Also not sure what the Broncos pathetic schedule has to do with the Patriots or the Broncos having the #1 seed?

if the playoff started today the pats would be the #1 seed, broncos #2 thanks to their schedule. so i dont know why you think the pats will be the #2 i guess you thought the broncos were #1 right now? nope.

its going to be fun watching these two teams. but remember defense wins championships, and the pats have the better defense this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the playoff started today the pats would be the #1 seed, broncos #2 thanks to their schedule. so i dont know why you think the pats will be the #2 i guess you thought the broncos were #1 right now? nope.

its going to be fun watching these two teams. but remember defense wins championships, and the pats have the better defense this year.

Obviously I am thinking end of the year not just four games. Thought that was obvious. The pats have the better defense right now but remember broncos have been playing without their top two defensive players up to this point so we shall see who is better at the end of the year. Also better defenses don't always win championships. How was that San Francisco defense last year compared to the ravens who finished last season ranked 17th in the nfl

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I am thinking end of the year not just four games. Thought that was obvious. The pats have the better defense right now but remember broncos have been playing without their top two defensive players up to this point so we shall see who is better at the end of the year. Also better defenses don't always win championships. How was that San Francisco defense last year compared to the ravens who finished last season ranked 17th in the nfl

sure you were...:)

there are exceptions to everything but the general consensus or norm is that defenses win championships. pats had the best offense ever and went undefeated in 07 and lost to a far less superior team with a great defense.

nobody is really scared of champ anymore hes old. miller is good and will help you if he comes back the same, but i dont think him alone will make your defense better than the pats.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure you were...:)

there are exceptions to everything but the general consensus or norm is that defenses win championships. pats had the best offense ever and went undefeated in 07 and lost to a far less superior team with a great defense.

nobody is really scared of champ anymore hes old. miller is good and will help you if he comes back the same, but i dont think him alone will make your defense better than the pats.

That old Champ graded out as the 7th best corner in the nfl last year so yeah I do think he impacts this defense big time when he comes back.

I definitely would not say a majority win it. 10 if the top 12 scoring offenses made the playoffs last year

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That old Champ graded out as the 7th best corner in the nfl last year so yeah I do think he impacts this defense big time when he comes back.

I definitely would not say a majority win it. 10 if the top 12 scoring offenses made the playoffs last year

if you say so. all i remember of champ last year was him getting burned deep cuz he lost his speed. i dunno maybe im crazy and just seeing things. champ now is not the same champ he was in his prime.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you say so. all i remember of champ last year was him getting burned deep cuz he lost his speed. i dunno maybe im crazy and just seeing things. champ now is not the same champ he was in his prime.

Obviously he is not the Champ of his prime. During the regular season though he only allowed one touchdown all season and spent most of the season still going against the top receivers in the nfl

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously he is not the Champ of his prime. During the regular season though he only allowed one touchdown all season and spent most of the season still going against the top receivers in the nfl

he was a weekness last year in the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we shall see with him as well how much of an impact he can make. Should be a fun run for both of our teams as they look like the class of the AFC

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I swear, too many of you guys here are impossible to take seriously. Wilfork is by far their best defensive player and losing him is devastating. Also, this defense has not faced an elite offense, so declaring them even very good is not yet possible.