• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FUCK wilfork likely out rest of season

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilfork being out definitely won't help, but trust Belichick to come up with SOMETHING.

He's handled this kind of thing before.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he will. But I'm not going to let someone be so much of a homer that they want to pretend losing Wilfork makes this team better.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he will. But I'm not going to let someone be so much of a homer that they want to pretend losing Wilfork makes this team better.

dude im not being a homer. krafty can vouch for me ive been wanting the pats to build a 4-3 defense for the longest time and have mocked 43 players in my mocks ever since the old pats d got old and lost all our vets. i love wilfork to death and didnt mind him playing in our new 4-3 at all. but now that hes injured its time to move on and stop sulking in the past. with wilfork off the field we can now make this defense truely 4-3. we CAN make it better in terms of how an elite 4-3 d should be run. losing vince hurts us in the run game and leadership-wise but the team is mentally strong enough to withstand losses. the passrush can improve, if you dont think so well i dont know what to say to you.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok im going to use this as an extreme example and i know already its not realistic so dont say but we dont got anyone like Suh so and so. I KNOW.

if you could play a 4 man front against peyton and denver who would you rather have as a lineup:

1.) DE Chandler Jones - DT Tommy Kelly - DT Vince Wilfork - DE Rob Ninkovich

2.) DE Chandler Jones - DT Tommy Kelly - DT Ndamukong Suh - DE Rob Ninkovich

if you say #1 you are delusional and a homer.

#2 is a real 43 defense. #1 is a crap 43 defense. yes we dont have anyone like Suh although armstead is promising 43 dt candidate. the point is we should be striving towards #2, because thats what will take the 43 to the next level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's third and 10, their starting RB exited the game with an injury, and you just have to get to the QB right now, I think you take Suh. But I think Wilfork brings more to the table overall between his ability to push the pocket while taking on two blockers, his ability to completely shut down an interior run game essentially by himself, and his leadership qualities.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok im going to use this as an extreme example and i know already its not realistic so dont say but we dont got anyone like Suh so and so. I KNOW.

if you could play a 4 man front against peyton and denver who would you rather have as a lineup:

1.) DE Chandler Jones - DT Tommy Kelly - DT Vince Wilfork - DE Rob Ninkovich

2.) DE Chandler Jones - DT Tommy Kelly - DT Ndamukong Suh - DE Rob Ninkovich

if you say #1 you are delusional and a homer.

#2 is a real 43 defense. #1 is a crap 43 defense. yes we dont have anyone like Suh although armstead is promising 43 dt candidate. the point is we should be striving towards #2, because thats what will take the 43 to the next level.

I guess the question becomes would you rather have Chandler Jones getting one on one blocking almost every passing play or double teamed? I don't think picking #1 is that bad of a choice considering in passing downs Wilfork takes up 2 blockers so in a base OL that means all 3 of the other players have 1 on 1 blocking. Now teams can scheme to take out Chandler Jones or whatever side is struggling the most. Suh does draw a lot of double teams but he does get singled up quite a bit as well where Wilfork even if teams want to single him up finds a way to take on two blockers.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler7,

You have to know that it's always warm and fuzzy in briz's world. that's why we keep him around!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cdumler7,

You have to know that it's always warm and fuzzy in briz's world. that's why we keep him around!

Haha I can understand why. For those games where you are questioning how your team will do it is always nice to have that positive voice speaking through all the negativity. I honestly don't blame him for trying to look for the good in all of this. As a Bronco fan when Clady went down we were looking hard to try and find a positive spin on the whole thing. The best we could come up with was the fact that Peyton gets rid of the football so quickly that it wouldn't matter too much. Then game one the guy gets beat and Peyton takes a shot so obviously there are going to be some growing pains through the transition. Good teams know how to overcome significant injuries and I would never question the chances of the Patriots when they have Tom Brady and BB at the helm.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's third and 10, their starting RB exited the game with an injury, and you just have to get to the QB right now, I think you take Suh. But I think Wilfork brings more to the table overall between his ability to push the pocket while taking on two blockers, his ability to completely shut down an interior run game essentially by himself, and his leadership qualities.

what good is shutting down the run game when peyton is throwing for 450 yards and 5 tds on you??

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if you can eliminate a teams's threat to run, you make it easier to defend the pass?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's best statistical season ever the patriots were still top 10 in rushing. A good QB burns you even more when they can use play action consistently.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if you can eliminate a teams's threat to run, you make it easier to defend the pass?

no when you play the broncos or saints the #1 priority is to shut down the pass. they are not all going to suddenly change their bread and butter and start running the ball 40 times a game with backs and a run game that arent anything special.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like the pats focused on shutting down atlantas passing game. or are you suggesting they should have been more focused on stopping rodgers and snelling? if they shut down rodgers and snelling it will make it easier to stop jones, white, gonzo, and ryan? give me a break. wilfork didnt even play and they still didnt run on us. maybe some great running teams like minnesota with peterson will give us a problem but denver and the saints are not running teams their run games pose no threat to us, with or without wilfork. their pass attack needs to be stopped. and thats easier to do with 4 passrushers than 3.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that losing our best player makes us better is absurd.

But ignoring that, on pass plays, Wilfork still draws double teams consistently. If he is drawing a double team he is an upgrade over anyone but a player that draws double teams and beats them. There are a rare few who do that on occasion, but no one does so consistently.