• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free may stay at guard

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Jason Garrett indicated that Doug Free may stay at right guard permanently.

Garrett said the Cowboys had been thinking about kicking Free inside for months. They were finally able to do it once RT Jermey Parnell (hamstring) returned to practice last week. Free started the regular season dress rehearsal at right guard, and Pro Football Focus gave him a solid grade in pass protection. Once everyone is healthy, the Cowboys appear to want a front five that consists of LT Tyron Smith, LG Ronald Leary, C Travis Frederick, RG Free, and RT Parnell. That'd still be one of the weaker units in the league.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Hope Parnell isn't as bad as everyone is saying :scratch::noidea:

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Leary, think he's gonna be good. I'd be happy building off of that left side. Only way sticking Free at guard for the season would work is if they already have their eye on someone whose going to be cut, because Parnell aint gonna cut it. I'd rather have the line of Smith Leary Fred Berna Free than the one with Parnell starting.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the guess of the eventual outcome months ago by the Goose. He took a lot of heat for that by some media members and fans as well. Goose gets a cookie.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then I expert to see both Parnell and Free play this week.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about yall..... I don't want Parnell starting at tackle..... not from what I have seen nor heard this offseason.

HELL NO Most dissapointed I been all offseason hearing this

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about yall..... I don't want Parnell starting at tackle..... not from what I have seen nor heard this offseason.

HELL NO Most dissapointed I been all offseason hearing this

I guess were between a rock and a hard place. I don't want Free starting at tackle either..... not from what I seen last year. Hopefully one or both of them prove us wrong. If you asked me who I'd rather see start at tackle between them I'd have to say Free because at least I'd have the hope that the Free from 2009 will show up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge Parnell on the games he played last year. The guy has not even practiced much this offseason, so to expect him to not be 3 plus weeks behind everyone else isn't fair. I was pretty impressed with how he played the last few games of last year and see absolutely no reason why he can't do that again. My problem is that he isn't there yet, so why force it? He's young, inexperienced and out of shape; let him get into shape, get his practice reps and then earn some PT. it just seems like we are forcing it, which reinforces how stupid it was to ignore Guard and Tackle in the draft. I'm concerned that this means Leary won't be ready any time soon, or why not just let Free and Parnell fight it out like the original plan? Neither is good enough to worry about them not playing. I don't like MB much, but i don't see how this is better. If the thought all along was moving Free it just made the restructure dumber than even I thought at the time.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge Parnell on the games he played last year. The guy has not even practiced much this offseason, so to expect him to not be 3 plus weeks behind everyone else isn't fair. I was pretty impressed with how he played the last few games of last year and see absolutely no reason why he can't do that again. My problem is that he isn't there yet, so why force it? He's young, inexperienced and out of shape; let him get into shape, get his practice reps and then earn some PT. it just seems like we are forcing it, which reinforces how stupid it was to ignore Guard and Tackle in the draft. I'm concerned that this means Leary won't be ready any time soon, or why not just let Free and Parnell fight it out like the original plan? Neither is good enough to worry about them not playing. I don't like MB much, but i don't see how this is better. If the thought all along was moving Free it just made the restructure dumber than even I thought at the time.

Fair enough. Come to think about shouldn't we be use to questionable line play by now. I firmly believe we just need one of the two to step their game up this season, as long as Leary or Livings will be ready by week one.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's beating a dead horse to death, but everyday I go WTF over the Escobar pick. There wasn't an OL available in the 2nd round that they felt could contribute to the current cast? Warford, Armstead, Barrett Jones, anyone?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Come to think about shouldn't we be use to questionable line play by now. I firmly believe we just need one of the two to step their game up this season, as long as Leary or Livings will be ready by week one.
I don't think Livings has been practicing either (or has he?) so he should be a bit behind going into week 1 as well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sadly yes, but I have my hopes!

I don't think Livings is going to be playable any time soon and this Free to Guard crap tells me there could be a few more weeks for Leary. Arkin is horrible. i would give Kowalski some more snaps. MB gets a job by default and let all the others fight it out for one spot until Leary is back. Keeping this kids around is a waste if they can't see the field even when we have injuries.

By the way, has anyone seen Bell? Is he still not in shape?