• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Addition

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we already have that in Claiborne, Thomas, Oletoye & Mitchell and possibly Scandrick

Exactly. So why the hell is Carr still on the roster? Cutting him would free up 6.5m and open up a starting spot for someone to earn. Carr is nothing but dead weight at this point.

There wouldn't even be any dead money next year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe....Carr ain't as bad as many of you seem to think.
I see no issue with wide open competition in camp and the best guy wins after all is said and done.
that is far and away the smart play and Dallas seems to be in the smart mode these days

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know what happened during those negotiations. Very strange sequence of events. Closing in on a deal, switches agents, signs for less money elsewhere? Something is up there.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no issue with wide open competition in camp and the best guy wins after all is said and done.
that is far and away the smart play and Dallas seems to be in the smart mode these days

And just maybe the secondary it self was not all bad either.

The horrendous lack of turnovers somewhat overshadowed a secondary that was well into the top 10
for the least yards & TD's allowed.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no problem with him competing in camp, but not at his current price tag. I have a real hard time getting behind Carr's 13.8 million dollar cap hit being a "smart play". Now if they plan to restructure his deal they need to do it and get it over with. But to this point Carr has rebuffed efforts to get him to restructure his contract - so cut him. I could see value somewhere in the 4 million range, but his current cap hit is untenable for someone with his lack of production/good play.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to know what happened during those negotiations. Very strange sequence of events. Closing in on a deal, switches agents, signs for less money elsewhere? Something is up there.

Remember an agent gets a % (i believe) ....maybe the player gave instructions that money was less of a priority than other factors. Maybe the agent down played his concerns and he just went for the biggest contract so he could get an extra 100K give or take.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just maybe the secondary it self was not all bad either.

The horrendous lack of turnovers somewhat overshadowed a secondary that was well into the top 10
for the least yards & TD's allowed.

That can be explained, at least partially, when you take into account several factors.
1) Dallas was in the top 5 in the league in time of possession, I believe.
2) Dallas was tied 4th fewest drives against the defense.
3) Dallas run defense gave up 11th most yards, 7th worst rush per carrry, second most 1st downs, and 5th most TD's
4) Teams didn't have to take many chances against Dallas considering we had the second worst scoring offense in the league.

And yea, the lack of turnovers hurts big time, that's why we need new blood. The guys we have don't create turnovers, and have demonstrated that repeatedly.

Carr has zero interceptions and a total of 15 passes defensed over the past two seasons, in which he played and started all 32 games. We can't pay almost 14 million dollars for that. That's insane!

Last edited:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember an agent gets a % (i believe) ....maybe the player gave instructions that money was less of a priority than other factors. Maybe the agent down played his concerns and he just went for the biggest contract so he could get an extra 100K give or take.
I think Jarntt was on target with indy being a surer place to win the starting position.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with him competing in camp, but not at his current price tag. I have a real hard time getting behind Carr's 13.8 million dollar cap hit being a "smart play". Now if they plan to restructure his deal they need to do it and get it over with. But to this point Carr has rebuffed efforts to get him to restructure his contract - so cut him. I could see value somewhere in the 4 million range, but his current cap hit is untenable for someone with his lack of production/good play.
by all accounts here... Carr only stays if his cap number is reduced. I think Carr might have value through camp and only makes the team if the coaches and evaluators see a role. I don't think you cut two to make room for one as has been suggested. camp injuries many times dictate direction

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line....if carr was as butt ugly as many of you have said....I pretty sure this organization woulda dusted him by now

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...less and less do you take a man at his word. Lotta dog eat dog out there

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. We could have brought Prince or some other guys in for what we are paying Carr. It's not like the options are Carr or nothing, it's Carr or different (better) player for same or less money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line....if carr was as butt ugly as many of you have said....I pretty sure this organization woulda dusted him by now
Not so sure about that.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are we talking about the same GM who employed David Buehler for a number of seasons? Or the same one that penciled in Joseph Randle for the starting RB slot? How about the same guy who traded for, and then signed Roy Williams to be terrible for us for a while? I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk, I apologize in advance. But with Jerry Jones anything is possible - including Carr possibly playing out this season at his current cap figure. It would just be the latest in a long line of questionable decisions.

I agree that there has been a shift in the organization in terms of being more fiscally responsible, but we aren't all the way there yet.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about the same GM who employed David Buehler for a number of seasons? Or the same one that penciled in Joseph Randle for the starting RB slot? How about the same guy who traded for, and then signed Roy Williams to be terrible for us for a while? I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a jerk, I apologize in advance. But with Jerry Jones anything is possible - including Carr possibly playing out this season at his current cap figure. It would just be the latest in a long line of questionable decisions.

I agree that there has been a shift in the organization in terms of being more fiscally responsible, but we aren't all the way there yet.
we'll see....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boys offered him 13.5M for 3 years, Colts offered him 14M. with texas not having state taxes he would have ended up with more money signing with the Boys so it had to be something else
There is only speculation that the Cowboys offered him 13.5M. Maybe there was more guaranteed money in the Colts deal.