• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Addition

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Saints are close to adding Nick Fairley, it will be interesting to see the price tag. I liked the idea of having him as a big body to help vs the run, at the right price obviously

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Saints are close to adding Nick Fairley, it will be interesting to see the price tag. I liked the idea of having him as a big body to help vs the run, at the right price obviously
I like Fairley a lot. I do think he is the type of guy to be careful giving a long term deal to, but could be a very good player. If a cheap one year deal...I'd take him in a second.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did as well....wonder if it's perceived character. Seems strange considering Hardy but that's what I've been thinking

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Fairley a lot. I do think he is the type of guy to be careful giving a long term deal to, but could be a very good player. If a cheap one year deal...I'd take him in a second.

Here is what I have found so far:

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the free agent DT Nick Fairley is expected to sign with the Saints.

• According to Rapoport, the Patriots are out on Fairley, despite bringing him in for a visit earlier in the week.
New Orleans is in a terrible cap situation, so they’ll need to make a move in order to free up cap space to fit Fairley into their salary cap.

The Eagles and Jets were also mentioned as potential landing spots for Fairley, but it appears as though the Saints are his best opportunity.

Fairley, 27, wound up finding a limited free agent market last year, which led to him signing a one-year, $5 million contract with the Rams. He’s once again testing the open market as an unrestricted free agent, but will hopefully get more security than a one-year deal this time around.

In 2015, Fairley appeared in 15 games and recorded 29 tackles, a half sack, a fumble recovery and a pass defense for the Rams. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 23 interior defensive lineman out of 123 qualifying players.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be a fun, nerve racking month
Nerve racking? Do you really get nervous about who we will draft/sign? To me it's just fun with a sprinkling of hair pulling out afterwards from time to time...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nerve racking? Do you really get nervous about who we will draft/sign? To me it's just fun with a sprinkling of hair pulling out afterwards from time to time...

Absolutely. We all have our own wants in the draft. It's fun to think of the plan you think should be followed and then compare it to how it goes. If we weren't picking in the top 5, it would be different for me. Lots of ways to go here.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much rather have him in NO vs. NE.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Dallas to kick the tires on Fairley, I have to think his dirty player reputation got in the way. Now before I get the Hardy comparisons keep in mind Hardy's shut is off field while Fairley's in during games. I wanted Dallas to draft him but I knew he was yellow flags waiting to happen.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much rather have him in NO vs. NE.

True, don't want the Cheatriots to get better. Interesting that they just paid Payton and I believe Brees got an extension and the Saints have cap issues, though they are signing a bigger named FA? Guess he may be cheap enough and they can still cut and restructure some guys probably. Benson seems like a guy willing to pay for talent though

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, don't want the Cheatriots to get better. Interesting that they just paid Payton and I believe Brees got an extension and the Saints have cap issues, though they are signing a bigger named FA? Guess he may be cheap enough and they can still cut and restructure some guys probably. Benson seems like a guy willing to pay for talent though
He only got a one year 5M deal last year, maybe no one is breaking the bank on him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien Schofield - DL - Free Agent
Free agent DE/OLB O'Brien Schofield hasn't totally ruled out re-signing with the Falcons but acknowledges the team has probably moved on after signing Courtney Upshaw.

Schofield does have an offer on the table from Atlanta but it doesn't make sense for the Falcons to sign both players. He's drawn interest from a few other teams including the Bears, Cowboys, Dolphins, Titans and Seahawks. Schofield has battled knee arthritis throughout his career but has not missed a game over his last two seasons.
Related: Falcons

Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter
Mar 25 - 7:14 PM

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I have found so far:

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the free agent DT Nick Fairley is expected to sign with the Saints.

• According to Rapoport, the Patriots are out on Fairley, despite bringing him in for a visit earlier in the week.
New Orleans is in a terrible cap situation, so they’ll need to make a move in order to free up cap space to fit Fairley into their salary cap.

The Eagles and Jets were also mentioned as potential landing spots for Fairley, but it appears as though the Saints are his best opportunity.

Fairley, 27, wound up finding a limited free agent market last year, which led to him signing a one-year, $5 million contract with the Rams. He’s once again testing the open market as an unrestricted free agent, but will hopefully get more security than a one-year deal this time around.

In 2015, Fairley appeared in 15 games and recorded 29 tackles, a half sack, a fumble recovery and a pass defense for the Rams. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 23 interior defensive lineman out of 123 qualifying players.
I think the Cowboys would be in on Fairley if the hadn't signed Thornton. I think between Thornton, Crawford, Lawrence, Irving and Gregory, the raw talent on the DL is better than its been in a while. If the rumors about the Cowboys not being impressed with Bosa are true, and Ramsey is off the board, it's wide open as to what we do at 4

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys would be in on Fairley if the hadn't signed Thornton. I think between Thornton, Crawford, Lawrence, Irving and Gregory, the raw talent on the DL is better than its been in a while. If the rumors about the Cowboys not being impressed with Bosa are true, and Ramsey is off the board, it's wide open as to what we do at 4

• Archer seems to think it would be Bosa over Ramsey, but what the heck do they know?

• Todd Archer of ESPN would select Ohio State DE Joey Bosa over Florida State DB Jalen Ramseyat No. 4 overall, given that the Cowboys have a larger need at defensive end than in their secondary.
  • Archer backs Cowboys owner Jerry Jones‘ statement that RB Darren McFadden will start over recently acquired RB Alfred Morris since he played well last season and deserves another chance to start.
  • Although, Archer expects McFadden and Morris to split carries to limit the possibility of injuries.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye
  • Archer seems to think it would be Bosa over Ramsey, but what the heck do they know?
  • Todd Archer of ESPN would select Ohio State DE Joey Bosa over Florida State DB Jalen Ramseyat No. 4 overall, given that the Cowboys have a larger need at defensive end than in their secondary.
  • Archer backs Cowboys owner Jerry Jones‘ statement that RB Darren McFadden will start over recently acquired RB Alfred Morris since he played well last season and deserves another chance to start.
  • Although, Archer expects McFadden and Morris to split carries to limit the possibility of injuries.
Coach Jerry tells Garrett who to start. STFU Jerry.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the hits Fairley put on the Georgia Qb. those were text book

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye

And isn't it great we are back to setting our depth chart in March??? Who needs competition...Garrett must be shaking his head

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye

And isn't it great we are back to setting our depth chart in March??? Who needs competition...Garrett must be shaking his head

I tend to ignore 90% of Jerry speak. McFadden may have earned the right to go into 2016 penciled in as the starter, but there was no need toale that statement.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 step Jerry Jones as in 1 forward and then 2 back

I like it better when its 2 forward and 1 back come on Jerry be quiet for once and listen. And for a change think before you speak

never gonna happen