• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Addition

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least we have added Scandrick back. I liked the idea of Robinson because he was supposedly good in the slot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New fucken agent had to screw us over. He's probably a Colts fan.
I bet he just wanted a clearer path to start. Remember the reasons why I was saying you cut Carr now instead of waiting? One of them being it is less confusing to FA CBs you are trying to sign. Just speculation of course on my part but I bet that was a big reason he went to Indy instead for if you believe the below, LESS money.

Colts signed CB Patrick Robinson, formerly of the Chargers, to a three-year, $12 million contract.

A report from Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram indicated Robinson turned down more money from the Cowboys. Robinson had been expected to sign with Dallas, but had a change of heart upon visiting the Colts. He'll replace Greg Toler opposite Pro Bowl right corner Vontae Davis. Robinson earned PFF's 28th-highest cornerback grade out of 118 qualifiers last year.

Source: Zak Keefer on Twitter
Mar 23 - 7:53 PM

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muther effing son of a rotten mule skinning bitch :gaah:

next FA up please damn it

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he just wanted a clearer path to start. Remember the reasons why I was saying you cut Carr now instead of waiting? One of them being it is less confusing to FA CBs you are trying to sign. Just speculation of course on my part but I bet that was a big reason he went to Indy instead for if you believe the below, LESS money.

Colts signed CB Patrick Robinson, formerly of the Chargers, to a three-year, $12 million contract.

A report from Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram indicated Robinson turned down more money from the Cowboys. Robinson had been expected to sign with Dallas, but had a change of heart upon visiting the Colts. He'll replace Greg Toler opposite Pro Bowl right corner Vontae Davis. Robinson earned PFF's 28th-highest cornerback grade out of 118 qualifiers last year.

You may be 100% right, and the constant talk about Dallas taking a DB at four probably gave him a queasy filling too. I wasn't sure about him when his nsmecsurviced, but as I read about him I wanted him in Dallas. It is what it is and we move on. To me the #4 pick is gonna be either Ramsey, Hargraves, or Wentz.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be 100% right, and the constant talk about Dallas taking a DB at four probably gave him a queasy filling too. I wasn't sure about him when his nsmecsurviced, but as I read about him I wanted him in Dallas. It is what it is and we move on. To me the #4 pick is gonna be either Ramsey, Hargraves, or Wentz.
I agree I didn't know much about him either. But it sounded like he would be a good fit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow.....Dallas offered over $1 million more plus no state income tax.....

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel that not getting Robinson virtually guarantees the Cowboys have to keep Carr and his suckass 9M contract and his piss-poor play

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it also guarantees that our 1st pick in the draft has to be Ramsey

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I think he would have been a good signing for us, but like Weddle and Long (just because of cheap price) you move on to the next guy. I suspect we still bring in a corner between now and the 3rd round of the draft. Not going to worry about losing out on a guy like Robinson too much.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but it also guarantees that our 1st pick in the draft has to be Ramsey
So losing Robinson guarantees we keep Carr and use our #4 pick on a CB? I totally disagree. I think going DB at 4 would be smart, but I don't see how this guarantees that. And Carr...well, can't make my thoughts on him much clearer. If he is here so be it, but it sure as Hell isn't a smart cap move when that money could have been used elsewhere. Truth is if we somehow had Carr and Mo fighting to be the nickel back I think that would be a good competition to have and give us needed depth at the position. Just hope there is a clear #1 and #2 ahead of them.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does not lock us into anything IMHO at 4. I have been playing that 1st pick draft game for a couple months now and while it is for entertainment purposes only it has given me a deeper look at this years draft class. Looking a videos and listening to the different "paid schills" about the players and their talents or lack of talent. I am by no means a draft expert or scout but the draft has lots of good players on both sides of the ball. No Idea where the Boys will go at 4 or any other pick but I do expect to see "trader Jerry" during the draft.

Will McClay will be a big part of the after draft bringing in the players that did not get drafted that have talent.

JMHO

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the life of me, why Carr is still on this team is beyond me. It makes no sense at this point. He is not good, not even average. Last year, I thought the only thing keeping him around was his contract, and the fact it made zero financial sense to cut him. This year there is nothing holding Dallas back, I just don't get it. Carr needs to be gone, we can find a cheap, young, hungry kid to suck as bad as Carr has no problem.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the money.

boys offered him 13.5M for 3 years, Colts offered him 14M. with texas not having state taxes he would have ended up with more money signing with the Boys so it had to be something else

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So losing Robinson guarantees we keep Carr and use our #4 pick on a CB? I totally disagree. I think going DB at 4 would be smart, but I don't see how this guarantees that. And Carr...well, can't make my thoughts on him much clearer. If he is here so be it, but it sure as Hell isn't a smart cap move when that money could have been used elsewhere. Truth is if we somehow had Carr and Mo fighting to be the nickel back I think that would be a good competition to have and give us needed depth at the position. Just hope there is a clear #1 and #2 ahead of them.

with Scandrick still recovering from off-season surgery and Claiborne, it would be stupid to cut Carr unless you have some other option like Robinson was going to be. even with drafting a DB at #4 you have to have someone to fill the position. right now our options are Carr, Scandrick, Claiborne, Thomas, Oletoye & Mitchell and none of them strike any fear in opposing QB's.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the life of me, why Carr is still on this team is beyond me. It makes no sense at this point. He is not good, not even average. Last year, I thought the only thing keeping him around was his contract, and the fact it made zero financial sense to cut him. This year there is nothing holding Dallas back, I just don't get it. Carr needs to be gone, we can find a cheap, young, hungry kid to suck as bad as Carr has no problem.

we already have that in Claiborne, Thomas, Oletoye & Mitchell and possibly Scandrick