• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Addition

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have all given a lot of credit to McClay and hte teams drafting lately (me included). When did he become in charge? I know he has been on staff for a while. 2015 draft is too soon to analyze. 2014 draft first 3 picks look good and then bare. 2013 1st round looks great, what else? Loved Holloman but got hurt. 2012 draft not so great. 2010 two studs, 2011 two studs and some role players. I think someone mentioned this a while ago (maybe Earl?) but after the first couple rounds that you should hit on we aren't as great as I was thinking. At least we aren't whiffing on the first rounders (other than Mo) which can crush you

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps the hardest part is determining which players actually love the game of football from the ones seeking the money & fame. It should be easier with a top 100 prospect

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Eagles are among three NFC East teams with interest in free agent RB Alfred Morris.

“Alfred Morris is in Dallas today, visiting with the Dallas Cowboys. He’s actually got interest from three NFC East teams: the Dallas Cowboys, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Washington Redskins,” Schefter said during Monday’s “NFL Insiders.” “He’s spoken to all of those teams but is in Dallas today.”

The Eagles elected to trade DeMarco Murray to the Titans for draft compensation a few weeks ago, which leaves them with a backfield that consists of Ryan Mathews, Darren Sproles, Kenjon Barner, and Kevin Monangai.

Adding Morris would give them an interesting compliment to Mathews and Sproles, who are both much more agile than Morris.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported earlier in the day that the Cowboys could end up signing Morris to a contract during his visit on Monday. However, Stephen Jones has since mentioned that they aren’t close to a deal.

A return to Washington could be a possibility as well, but the Redskins have made it clear that they plan to consider other options in free agency before discussing a new deal with Morris.

Morris, 27, is a former sixth-round pick of the Redskins back in 2012. He played out his four-year, $2,223,100 rookie contract with the Redskins and is testing the open market for the first time as an unrestricted free agent.

In 2015, Morris appeared in all 16 games for the Redskins and ran for 751 yards on 202 carries (3.7 YPC) to go along with 10 receptions for 55 yards receiving and a touchdown. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 52 running back out of 68 qualifying players.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Cowboys are expected to sign former Chargers CB Patrick Robinson to a contract during his visit with the team on Monday.

• According to Rapoport, the Cowboys could also sign free agent RB Alfred Morris to a deal as well.
Robinson is one of the best available cornerbacks and could prove to be a value signing when all is said and done.

Josina Anderson of ESPN previously reported that he could have interest from the Giants, Eagles, Bears and Dolphins, but it appears as though he’ll end up playing for the Cowboys in 2016.

Robinson, 27, is a former first-round pick of the Saints back in 2010. He played out his rookie contract for the Saints before signing a one-year deal withe Chargers last year.

In 2015, Robinson appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and recorded 49 tackles, one interception, a forced fumble and eight pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 30 cornerback out of 111 qualifying players.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Morris. Hated when we played him. I think he would be a good signing if we could get him at a good price and a short contract.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have all given a lot of credit to McClay and hte teams drafting lately (me included). When did he become in charge? I know he has been on staff for a while. 2015 draft is too soon to analyze. 2014 draft first 3 picks look good and then bare. 2013 1st round looks great, what else? Loved Holloman but got hurt. 2012 draft not so great. 2010 two studs, 2011 two studs and some role players. I think someone mentioned this a while ago (maybe Earl?) but after the first couple rounds that you should hit on we aren't as great as I was thinking. At least we aren't whiffing on the first rounders (other than Mo) which can crush you
As long as you hit on your 1st, the rest is gravy. I was looking at all the teams drafts from last year vs Dallas draft. If you consider La'el Collins part of the draft, Dallas had 2 solid starters with Pro Bowl potential, a special teams demon, and a knucklehead with a 4 game suspension that flashed starter potential .Honestly, that was as good a draft as anyone in the league had

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you hit on your 1st, the rest is gravy. I was looking at all the teams drafts from last year vs Dallas draft. If you consider La'el Collins part of the draft, Dallas had 2 solid starters with Pro Bowl potential, a special teams demon, and a knucklehead with a 4 game suspension that flashed starter potential .Honestly, that was as good a draft as anyone in the league had
I think it is too early to judge last years draft and I don't count Collins. He is a special case, but you can't count him with the draft picks. If he were an unknown that we discovered as a UDFA I would count him, but it was really more a FA signing with him. I like Jones and thinks he is a good player for us this year and for many years to come, but he wasn't great last year. Gregory as of today is a complete waste, but I expect him to be a disruptive pass rusher for us and a key contributor if he gets on the field. No one else did anything either. I like Wilson and he showed potential, but didn't do much. Which goes to my point of it's too early. I don't expect Rookies to come in and play at their peak level, I expect them to improve. I personally think it was a very good draft and was very, very happy last year afterwards, I just think you need to wait before you grade it.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that #4 pick gives the cowboys much leverage. I still like the thought of trading with the niners as long as we r*pe them

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that #4 pick gives the cowboys much leverage. I still like the thought of trading with the niners as long as we r*pe them
Would you take their high 3? Let's say the OT, Ramsey and Wentz are off the board. That means 4 of either Bosa, Buckner, Goff, Elliott, Jack and Hargreaves will be on the board at 6. If the grades are similar, picking up a top 70 pick to drop 2 spots makes sense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take their high 3? Let's say the OT, Ramsey and Wentz are off the board. That means 4 of either Bosa, Buckner, Goff, Elliott, Jack and Hargreaves will be on the board at 6. If the grades are similar, picking up a top 70 pick to drop 2 spots makes sense
Not sure what the draft trade chart yields, but not me. To move back 3 spots I want your #1 and #2. I don't trade just to trade. I take my guy unless someone makes it worth my while not to.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream scenario...2nd year jump for BJones, add in Robinson, Scandrick and Ramsey

That would be a considerably upgraded secondary one would have to assume. I wouldnt cringe on every passing play the other team ran, probably. I would probably anticipate guys making plays back there even.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free-agent CB Patrick Robinson, Dallas Cowboys close to working out a deal

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter>:(SportsDayDFW

The Cowboys are getting closer to landing free-agent cornerback Patrick Robinson, according to David Moore.

Robinson and running back Alfred Morris (who has agreed to a deal with Dallas) were at Valley Ranch on Monday to meet with coaches and staff members who weren't in southern Florida to attend the NFL Annual meeting. A source said the club was further along in its discussions about a potential deal with Robinson than Morris, but as of late Monday evening nothing had been signed.

If the Cowboys and Robinson reach an agreement, it's expected the club will approach Brandon Carr and his representative and renew their efforts to get him to take a pay cut.

Robinson is the third cornerback the Cowboys have had visit Valley Ranch during free agency. They first brought in Philadelphia cornerback Nolan Carroll, who re-signed with the Eagles on a one-year deal with a base value of $2.36 million that could max out at $3 million. The Cowboys had Cincinnati cornerback Leon Hall in for a visit last week, but he left without a deal.

The Cowboys also had some interest in Robinson, 28, last offseason before he signed a one-year, $2 million deal with the San Diego Chargers. Robinson (5-foot-11, 191 pounds) played in every game for the Chargers and started 10, finishing with 49 tackles, eight pass breakups and one interception.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream scenario...2nd year jump for BJones, add in Robinson, Scandrick and Ramsey
:10:Could you imagine??? What a night and day improvement that would be...and if you cut Carr and Church to do it you also are actually SAVING a bunch of money in the secondary as compared to what it would otherwise be. Heck, you could keep Church to rotate in on early downs (keeping him in the box) and in case of injury and probably still save cap space.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:Could you imagine??? What a night and day improvement that would be...and if you cut Carr and Church to do it you also are actually SAVING a bunch of money in the secondary as compared to what it would otherwise be. Heck, you could keep Church to rotate in on early downs (keeping him in the box) and in case of injury and probably still save cap space.
If that scenario unfolded, and Claiborne has the good year I really believe he will, we could have a heck of a secondary

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cowboys signing CB Patrick Robinson

Sounds like it was already a done deal.

The Dallas Cowboys have done a remarkable job of eschewing marquee names in favor of sensible signings this month.

After landing behemoth run-stuffer Cedric Thornton and productive power back Alfred Morris, theCowboys are bringing in former Saints and Chargers cornerback Patrick Robinson.

Robinson agreed to terms with Dallas last week, per ESPN.com's Todd Archer. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Robinson wasexpected to sign during his visit with the team.

The Rams, Giants, Eagles, Bears and Dolphinswere also reported to be interested in the 32nd overall pick in the 2010 draft, who was ranked No. 79 on Around The NFL's list of the Top 99 free agents.

A washout in New Orleans, Robinson was rejuvenated as San Diego's slot corner in 2015, faring well in coverage while holding his own in the running game.

As a versatile cornerback with a first-round pedigree in the prime of his career, Robinson is a quality addition for a Dallas secondary that has produced more questions than answers in recent seasons.