• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Addition

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports on the holdup for Robinson is he just signed with a new agent. Need to get this done ASAP.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A wrench has been thrown into negotiations with free agent Patrick Robinson .

The holdup: the cornerback has changed agents. Club officials began discussions with Kevin Conner but have now been told that Ron Butler represents Robinson.

"We've had a couple of visits with his new agent,'' executive vice president Stephen Jones said late Tuesday afternoon. "He lives here in Boca. We're hoping at a minimum we're going to visit this afternoon or early this evening.''

Wrench thrown into Cowboys' negotiations with CB Patrick Robinson | SportsDay

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Robinson thing pisses me off. I get excited about CBs. He is visiting Colts tomorrow

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they let him get away, maybe asking too much now, w the new agent?

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that free agent CB Patrick Robinson will visit with the Colts on Wednesday.

Rapoport mentions that Robinson came close to a deal with the Cowboys, but it appears as though he wants to meet with other teams before deciding anything.

Todd Archer of ESPN reported a few hours ago that the Cowboys reached an agreement in principle with Robinson last week, and his signing with Dallas was considered a formality upon his visiting with them on Monday.

Robinson, surprisingly, elected to changed agents, despite the fact that we’re three weeks into free agency. Even with the change in representation, the Cowboys were hopeful of getting a deal done with Robinson.

Robinson, 27, is a former first-round pick of the Saints back in 2010. He played out his rookie contract for the Saints before signing a one-year deal withe Chargers last year.

Robinson is one of the best available cornerbacks and could prove to be a value signing when all is said and done.

In 2015, Robinson appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and recorded 49 tackles, one interception, a forced fumble and eight pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 30 cornerback out of 111 qualifying players.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and.....................SHIT!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this pisses me off. I was looking forward to seeing competition where the best man wins at Corner. Not just starting the one that sucked the least. :tsk:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they let him get away, maybe asking too much now, w the new agent?

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that free agent CB Patrick Robinson will visit with the Colts on Wednesday.

Rapoport mentions that Robinson came close to a deal with the Cowboys, but it appears as though he wants to meet with other teams before deciding anything.

Todd Archer of ESPN reported a few hours ago that the Cowboys reached an agreement in principle with Robinson last week, and his signing with Dallas was considered a formality upon his visiting with them on Monday.

Robinson, surprisingly, elected to changed agents, despite the fact that we’re three weeks into free agency. Even with the change in representation, the Cowboys were hopeful of getting a deal done with Robinson.

Robinson, 27, is a former first-round pick of the Saints back in 2010. He played out his rookie contract for the Saints before signing a one-year deal withe Chargers last year.

Robinson is one of the best available cornerbacks and could prove to be a value signing when all is said and done.

In 2015, Robinson appeared in all 16 games for the Chargers and recorded 49 tackles, one interception, a forced fumble and eight pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 30 cornerback out of 111 qualifying players.
:L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that scenario unfolded, and Claiborne has the good year I really believe he will, we could have a heck of a secondary
I'm with you on Mo too. Forget where we picked him and you realize he isn't horrible when healthy...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we still sign him, but it's not the end of the world if we don't. If we take CB at #4 he is likely our #3 anyway. Worst case scenario would be overpaying for him out of panic. Let him go see other teams and see what happens. Sometimes it's just a ploy for more money.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we still sign him, but it's not the end of the world if we don't. If we take CB at #4 he is likely our #3 anyway. Worst case scenario would be overpaying for him out of panic. Let him go see other teams and see what happens. Sometimes it's just a ploy for more money.

Agree, thus far FA moves lead me to believe Dallas is looking at QB in the draft, if this falls through CB is always an option. My guess is his new agent wants to do more than just sign a contract for his new agent, he'll talk to the Colts and if Dallas had a better offer he'll sign here, but at least the agent would have negotiated with A team.
Seams like an odd time to switch agents.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on Mo too. Forget where we picked him and you realize he isn't horrible when healthy...

but he is not healthy a helluva lot more than he is healthy which makes it hard to see him as an asset to the team

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was hoping they would get it done and then they could tell Carr to agree to reworking his contract or they would flat out release him

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has more to do with Robinson or his new agent. I want guys that want to be here. It seems we have always been interested in this guy. The one thing about CArr- total team guy. Very accountable. Not his fault we overpaid. His price tag is just too big. I do like his character though and he isn't bad

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was hoping they would get it done and then they could tell Carr to agree to reworking his contract or they would flat out release him
That will happen anyway unless we are complete idiots...

I wouldn't even rework though. He just isn't very good. Cut the cord. Use that money you would give him on a better player....The option doesn't have to be Carr or a lower paid Carr. There was other talent out there that we could have brought in to upgrade the team. We had the same conversations last year and paid for it. Shouldn't the team have learned from that...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has more to do with Robinson or his new agent. I want guys that want to be here. It seems we have always been interested in this guy. The one thing about CArr- total team guy. Very accountable. Not his fault we overpaid. His price tag is just too big. I do like his character though and he isn't bad
True, so buy him a gold watch on the way out...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Carr is a solid player. He just gets a bad rap because he has a monster contract he was never going to live up to and because he got destroyed by Calvin Johnson that one game (but I mean, come one, it was Calvin Johnson). Carr at a discount is still a very useful player.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Carr is a solid player. He just gets a bad rap because he has a monster contract he was never going to live up to and because he got destroyed by Calvin Johnson that one game (but I mean, come one, it was Calvin Johnson). Carr at a discount is still a very useful player.
I agree....it's not like anybody could come in and be better.
We should have 7 or 8 corners in camp....competition is a good thing

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who bases their opinion on Carr on a game against Calvin a couple of years ago. I can assure you it is NOT what I base my opinion of him on. My opinion is based on watching him every game. You certainly don't have to agree with me, but please don't try to state that it was based on that. If he wants to play at a salary that let's him compete for #3/#4 role with Mo I'm all for it. Do we really see that happening???
He is an average at best corner.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh: Patrick Robinson signs with Colts. Never heard of changing agent right in the middle of negotiations

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who bases their opinion on Carr on a game against Calvin a couple of years ago. I can assure you it is NOT what I base my opinion of him on. My opinion is based on watching him every game. You certainly don't have to agree with me, but please don't try to state that it was based on that. If he wants to play at a salary that let's him compete for #3/#4 role with Mo I'm all for it. Do we really see that happening???
He is an average at best corner.
I agree and I am tired of this average over paid corner not making plays.