• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the 2 year Lebron deal was as expected. I think he finishes his career in Cleveland now.

I am just going to throw this out there.. take it for what it's worth. Has anyone heard from Kyrie? I haven't heard one thing from the face of the franchise about this move. Just saying.

Here is my prediction for Miami in free agency.

we get two more solid free agents. Deng and Boozer. Bulls will amnesty Boozer... he likes south florida.. flirted with joining us in 2009 when he was in Utah, nothing ever materialized.

Open Night lineup
Cole, Wade, Deng, Boozer, Bosh. McRoberts/Cole/Haslem/Granger/Ennis off the bench. That lineup is not that bad.. in fact it's actually pretty good. That lineup could get a top 2 seed in the East especially with Pacers looking like they may weaken.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea, the 2 year Lebron deal was as expected. I think he finishes his career in Cleveland now.

I am just going to throw this out there.. take it for what it's worth. Has anyone heard from Kyrie? I haven't heard one thing from the face of the franchise about this move. Just saying.

we get two more solid free agents. Deng and Boozer. Bulls will amnesty Boozer... he likes south florida.. flirted with joining us in 2009 when he was in Utah, nothing ever materialized.

Open Night lineup
Cole, Wade, Deng, Boozer, Bosh. McRoberts/Cole/Haslem/Granger/Ennis off the bench. That lineup is not that bad.. in fact it's actually pretty good. That lineup could get a top 2 seed in the East especially with Pacers looking like they may weaken.
Deng's price is going up. If he waits there will be a bidding war for him. Dallas versus Miami. Not sure what I think about that. The problem with our line up is point guard, but we may be able to sign Chalmers on Bird's rights. Seems like he played himself out of high contract in the playoffs with his play. May be a break for the Heat unless Nelson wants to stay in Florida.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng's price is going up. If he waits there will be a bidding war for him. Dallas versus Miami. Not sure what I think about that. The problem with our line up is point guard, but we may be able to sign Chalmers on Bird's rights. Seems like he played himself out of high contract in the playoffs with his play. May be a break for the Heat unless Nelson wants to stay in Florida.

I'm kind of wondering why its taking so long to resign wade?? That's holding up the heat a bit from knowing how much we have left to spend.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariza to the Rockets. I will say what I said earlier in free agency even though we have already made SOME moves - the Heat need to get active again before they continue to miss out on quality targets.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we were thinking alike, Triplex

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ariza to the Rockets. I will say what I said earlier in free agency even though we have already made SOME moves - the Heat need to get active again before they continue to miss out on quality targets.

Deng, Boozer, McRoberts, Granger.. resign Wade/Bosh/Haslem. That would be a solid FA period.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There is an order to how we have to sign. Patience. Hope Houston screws Dallas to the bitter end and does match at Parsons tomorrow night and the Heat have a deal with Deng already. Unfortunately, I think we may have to overypay for Deng.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finding it hard to finish my 2k14 season with the Heat now that Queen James has bailed - have a good season going(undefeated through 40 plus games). It just doesnt seem right to continue anymore.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finding it hard to finish my 2k14 season with the Heat now that Queen James has bailed - have a good season going(undefeated through 40 plus games). It just doesnt seem right to continue anymore.

Yea if i was you i would probably stop there... I usually wait after freeagent are signed before i start a new season

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami really wants to compete for titles, it needs to do better than this. It has to roll the dice on a young, potential star. Someone who could grow into a dynamic, franchise altering player. Someone like Eric Bledsoe.

The Suns’ unrestricted free agent has already drawn interest from the Heat, according to ProBasketballDraft, and could be a tremendous fit in Miami.

At 24, and in his first season playing starters' minutes, Bledsoe was a revelation with the Phoenix Suns. Though he battled injury, he posted a very nice 17.7 point, 5.5 assist, 4.7 rebound and 1.6 steal line in 32 minutes a night and set new career marks in PER and win shares, per Basketball-Reference.

No one can replace LeBron, of course, but in this market, Bledsoe is the guy who could come closest. Consider the advice of his old Los Angeles Clippers teammates. They called him “Mini-LeBron.”

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled it out of article....i wonder if we can still get him and be able to get deng aswell. Hmmmm

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweets from Ira Winderman:Wade, Haslem will eventually get done with Heat. Cap a puzzle with timing issues, which Heat working with when it comes to other components.Agent Mike Conley tell Sun Sentinel McRoberts and Heat fully committed to following through on agreement, “He is going to sign with Miami."So LeBron basically takes same two-year, $42 million he opted out from Heat. Heat would be wise to do same with Wade for future flexibility.No sign and trade for LeBron with Cavaliers. So Cleveland retains top-10 protected 2015 Heat first-rounder from first LeBron move in 2010.It is now looking that for the right price, Mario Chalmers will be invited back to the Heat next season.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea if i was you i would probably stop there... I usually wait after freeagent are signed before i start a new season

Thats what I did starting this season - I waited until the period of players released on the March 1st deadline came and went before starting since thats when I figured the major roster moves would stop.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami really wants to compete for titles, it needs to do better than this. It has to roll the dice on a young, potential star. Someone who could grow into a dynamic, franchise altering player. Someone like Eric Bledsoe.

The Suns’ unrestricted free agent has already drawn interest from the Heat, according to ProBasketballDraft, and could be a tremendous fit in Miami.
At 24, and in his first season playing starters' minutes, Bledsoe was a revelation with the Phoenix Suns. Though he battled injury, he posted a very nice 17.7 point, 5.5 assist, 4.7 rebound and 1.6 steal line in 32 minutes a night and set new career marks in PER and win shares, per Basketball-Reference.

No one can replace LeBron, of course, but in this market, Bledsoe is the guy who could come closest. Consider the advice of his old Los Angeles Clippers teammates. They called him “Mini-LeBron.”

Good stuff. If you had not posted this, I would have forgotten he was 24. He seems to have been around for a while already.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe is not the budding superstar that will lead us to titles... he would be an upgrade. but the idea he is the missing piece is ridiculous.

LeBron's don't grow on trees. If we can come out of this with Wade/Bosh/Deng/Boozer/Haslem/McRoberts/Granger.. Miami did great. Losing Lebron sucks, but nothing we can do if a guy wants to leave.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bledsoe is a restricted free agent so Clippers allowed to match....

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Open Night lineup

You forgot Napier. Boozer? Barf. He plays no D. I'd suspect most people who get signed will be in mind for 2016 FA's. I don't get the Granger signing.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You forgot Napier. Boozer? Barf. He plays no D. I'd suspect most people who get signed will be in mind for 2016 FA's. I don't get the Granger signing.
Granger is just a flyer on a guy who could be low risk/$$ and high reward if recovered from his injuries.