• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bidding war could be coming for Deng...Should Heat make an offer on their restricted free agent Bledsoe if they do? Problem is we would not have a true defensive minded small forward...

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with Deng would be the years. 3 years at 36 is worth it to me for Deng. Cole/Wade/Deng/Bosh... you say the Center will be cheap.. but what if Miami gets Boozer for minimum after he is amnestied? Then Bosh could be center. we would only really need a cheap back up center to pair with haslem. That could be done, we got Birdman cheap.

I don't mind over paying for Deng a little as long as the years on the deal is like 3 not 5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a separate note, Ennis is still killing it in the summer league. I think if he sits behind a guy like Granger and Deng (if we land him), he'll have great defensive mentors to make him a solid player for us down the road. The announcers are raving about this kid throughout the summer league so far.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW at this rate I'm assuming Ennis would be Wade backup.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want Boozer

BTW I read that Chalmers may be coming back also.

But anyway let's say we get Boozer & Deng

Our starting lineup would look like this

Napier/Chalmers/Cole
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Boozer

The bench main rotation at the moment would look like this

Chalmers/Napier/Cole
Ennis
Granger
McRoberts

Not so bad. We wouldn't have as many one dimensional offensive players as we had last year

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have to add haslem to the main roatation. unless you think McRoberts is going to get minutes at backup center. boozer and deng should get us a top 4 seed. indy loses Stephenson, we could get a top 2 seed. cavs land love, they are going to be favorites by a lot. I really hope Minnesota trades him to golden state.

I really hope Kyrie and LeBron have some chemistry issues with both wanting to dominate the ball.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
have to add haslem to the main roatation. unless you think McRoberts is going to get minutes at backup center. boozer and deng should get us a top 4 seed. indy loses Stephenson, we could get a top 2 seed. cavs land love, they are going to be favorites by a lot. I really hope Minnesota trades him to golden state.

I really hope Kyrie and LeBron have some chemistry issues with both wanting to dominate the ball.
Phoenix making run at Deng and have more money...What is our Plan C at small forward? Pierce off the market...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the latest Ask Ira. It is still a wait and see if Wade will return or not, and if he does we will have to continue to work him through the annoying “ maintenance program” but I dont think it will be as drastic as last season. And, if Wade can accept a lesser role(reserve player) the program wont be as annoying for me or even significant. Thats not to say he wouldnt be less important off the bench, but if we can get a quality starter to replace him then we are good.

I know there is some sense that part of the reasons Queen James left is because he was tired of playing with a declining Wade, but I always felt that the reasons gave little important to the regular season was not only to take care of a fragile Wade but also a fragile Queen James. In a sense, for all the help James provided Wade, I also felt he was also a bad influence at timees for him on the court. I think now that he is gone, we will see less of that. Less complaining, less acting jobs and a lot more basketball of which we all feel D-Wade has a decent amount left in him of.

Another thing to point out in this latest Ask Ira which I have also seen a lot of on social media is people blaming Spo for LB being gone and calling for his head because of it. Spo has nothing to do with LB or any one who leaves this team - he/they are gone because they have their reasons for leaving. Spo is a great coach who will continue to get better. He did a great job managing a team full of egos and he will do the same with whatever the make up of the new team is. This fan base just needs to learn to apperciate better. Apperciate the work the coaches and staff does - not just the players/star players. We have a lot of guys on this team that do the little things some of the big name guys refuse to do.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Ira Winderman:
Heat thriving on NBA’s ultimate back-to-back: Afternoon game in Orlando Friday, evening game in Las Vegas Saturday with mostly same players.
This time Napier making shots, and Hamilton and Ennis thriving. Clearly all auditioning for role of LeBron James.
In or to be in with Heat: Bosh, Wade, McRoberts, Granger, Cole, Napier, Ennis. Stringly looming: Deng, Birdman. Possible: Hamilton.And there could be means for Greg Oden, James Jones, Rashard Lewis, perhaps Beasley, as well.My 9 a.m. possible Heat roster: Bosh, McRoberts, Deng, Wade, Chalmers, Birdman, Napier, Ennis, Cole, Jones, Oden, Beasley, Hamilton, 2 more.You might not be able to thrive when losing LeBron James, but Pat Riley in midst of showing more than an ability to survive.If Heat can close deal on Luol Deng, Pat Riley might yet make himself eligible for Comeback Executive of the Year.Oh, and left out Udonis Haslem (sorry U.D., my bad). So that’s another name that works into Riley's rapid reconstruction.So Bosh, McRoberts, Deng, Wade, Chalmers, Granger, Birdman, Napier, Cole, Ennis, Haslem, Jones, Oden, Beasley, Hamilton a possible Heat 15.The point being that Friday it seemed like there could be nothing. By Sunday, in this Eastern Conference, there appears to be legit hope.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn sorry that came out bunched up like that. Thought there would be space between it

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, yes, still tons of possibilities, from possible Boozer amnesty to Jameer Nelson to about 100 others at minimum scale.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I wrote in today's "Ask Ira," this season every game will matter, no meandering. It'll be about chasing seeds, making statements.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be great to finally see this team play a regular season that matters to them and have players who will care and respect the game, the opponent while they are at it. This season will be just as good as any!

Like I said, Riles will make sure that no matter who leaves this team, that we will still be a relevant and solid organization.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierce to the Wizards

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: [Wojnarowski] Miami Heat closing in to secure free agent forward Luol Deng on a two-year, nearly $20 million contract.

So, I guess that means in 2 years we get to make a run at LeBron again?:bolt:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to assess a player's chances to succeed based off of summer league, but if James Ennis turns out to be a good player...Lebron leaving could be a blessing in disguise moving forward

Also I'm hearing mixed messages about Deng's "imminent signing"

Windhorst is reporting as of 638
As of last night, Heat & Luol Deng still significantly apart on salary, sources say. Deng's been turning down $10M/year offers for months