• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some early names to follow for the way-way-too-early '24 free agency list

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some potential grabs here:

I don't expect Poles to go overboard on free agency this coming offseason. I'd be surprised if he was to sign anyone to a mega-expensive contract. But there will be some mid-level potential available. Of the six listed here, the one that hooks me is Connor Williams, Miami's center. PFF has him as the top graded center this season, altho I can never figure the PFF grading system. But they obviously know a gazillion times more than me, especially when it comes to the OL. And God knows center is one of our biggest needs for '24. Also, assuming Poles won't re-sign Eddie Jackson, and all signs are point to this, I like the possibility of a Geno Stone inking. Both of these guys are young, yet experienced and neither should break the bank.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres an updated list of freeagents......there maybe a few more addedbut looks to me theres not much out there......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an updated list of the 50 top ranked free agents this year from CBS Sports:

What I like about this list is the article showing the players' projected salaries. Some key names of interest here and their rankings:

3. Josh Allen, EDGE, 26, Jacksonville - Allen's having a monster season. 16.5 sacks, 2 FF, 61 tackles (41 solo).
4. Tee Higgins, WR, 24, Cincinnati - Imagine Moore, Higgins, and whichever WR Poles takes in the draft. Yikes.
7. Brian Burns, EDGE, 25, Carolina - Sweat and Burns as bookend Edges? Lord have mercy on opposing QBs.
17. Bryce Huff, EDGE, 25, NY Jets - Super underrated, his win rate pct is 5th in the NFL. His may be the most cost effective contract on this list.
27. Geno Stone, S, 24, Baltimore - 7 INT, 9 PD - seems like a solid replacement for Eddie J, who will almost certainly be released.

If you see any commonality here it's the age of each. No one here is older than 26, at least not at the present. This fits right into Poles age range for inking FAs. Fascinating that no center is listed amongst the top 50. And we all know center is a key position of need. But that could be to our benefit - if Poles intends to sign one, and there are several who would immediately step in as a starter, theirs could be a team-friendly contract. Oh, and one more point of interest. Look who's #5 on the list.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like Tee myself......16 per to play 2nd fiddle again??.....I kinda think he would wanna be the no.1,but if he would be willing to sign,Id be down with that.
I like Pittman more,but not for the projected 22.7.....
We sign a top name wr,MHJ is not gonna be a Bear tho,nor will be Odunze or Nabers.....

The name that kinda intrigues me is Chase Young....for a projected 13.6 mill,Id also be down for that too.
Im sure Sweat would have some say in it of yay or nay if he thought Chase would be worth it....kinda interesting to me.

Not sure if the olineman listed play center,but if one of them do,theyy gotta be better than what we have.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like Tee myself......16 per to play 2nd fiddle again??.....I kinda think he would wanna be the no.1,but if he would be willing to sign,Id be down with that.
I like Pittman more,but not for the projected 22.7.....
We sign a top name wr,MHJ is not gonna be a Bear tho,nor will be Odunze or Nabers.....

The name that kinda intrigues me is Chase Young....for a projected 13.6 mill,Id also be down for that too.
Im sure Sweat would have some say in it of yay or nay if he thought Chase would be worth it....kinda interesting to me.

Not sure if the olineman listed play center,but if one of them do,theyy gotta be better than what we have.
Yeah, I pretty much threw Higgins on that list just because the thought of him and Moore as bookend receivers looks so friggin impressive. I've mentioned this previously, but I don't see Poles being quite as aggressive this year in free agency. I'm suspicioning that he'll only spend big $$$$ on one major FA at most. For me, I hope if it is just one player then he focuses on the EDGE. If somehow Allen and/or Burns don't get extended by their existing teams, I'd love to see Poles break open the checkbook for either of them. I also hope he lands a center, altho this shouldn't require any major coinage.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I pretty much threw Higgins on that list just because the thought of him and Moore as bookend receivers looks so friggin impressive. I've mentioned this previously, but I don't see Poles being quite as aggressive this year in free agency. I'm suspicioning that he'll only spend big $$$$ on one major FA at most. For me, I hope if it is just one player then he focuses on the EDGE. If somehow Allen and/or Burns don't get extended by their existing teams, I'd love to see Poles break open the checkbook for either of them. I also hope he lands a center, altho this shouldn't require any major coinage.

You nailed it.....Im 100% with you.....A big name def lineman in freeagency woukd be sweet.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somehow Allen and/or Burns don't get extended by their existing teams, I'd love to see Poles break open the checkbook for either of them.
We may have to scratch Burns off the list. I read somewhere that a Panthers "insider" claims they'll be slapping the tag on him, and TBH it makes perfect sense. Not sure what the situation is for Allen, but if he too is eligible for the tag, it also wouldn't surprise me if the Jags did just that.