• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The way too early '23 FA list

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know.....the '22 season hasn't even started and here I am linking an article about the '23 FA top 25 list. So sue me.

After a quick review of the list, one of the first thoughts that popped into my head was how many of these players will be locked under a new contract extension before they even hit the free agent trail. Interestingly enough, our beloved, if woeful Bears actually have two players on the list, David Montgomery at #23, and Roquan Smith at #6. I don't see Smith making it past the preseason before getting inked to an extension. Not as sure about Monty, what with the depth we have in the running game, as well as the expendability of RBs in general, I think he'd have to get off to a monstrous start this season before any discussions about an extension would commence.

Still, there are some interesting names, a number of whom should make it to the free agency period. I'm mostly interested in players who man the DL or OL spots. Far and away the hottest name is Quentin Nelson. Unfortunately, like Roquan, my guess is the chances of the Colts failing to give him a monster extension are practically zero. But one can dream, can't one?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know.....the '22 season hasn't even started and here I am linking an article about the '23 FA top 25 list. So sue me.

After a quick review of the list, one of the first thoughts that popped into my head was how many of these players will be locked under a new contract extension before they even hit the free agent trail. Interestingly enough, our beloved, if woeful Bears actually have two players on the list, David Montgomery at #23, and Roquan Smith at #6. I don't see Smith making it past the preseason before getting inked to an extension. Not as sure about Monty, what with the depth we have in the running game, as well as the expendability of RBs in general, I think he'd have to get off to a monstrous start this season before any discussions about an extension would commence.

Still, there are some interesting names, a number of whom should make it to the free agency period. I'm mostly interested in players who man the DL or OL spots. Far and away the hottest name is Quentin Nelson. Unfortunately, like Roquan, my guess is the chances of the Colts failing to give him a monster extension are practically zero. But one can dream, can't one?
Quentin Nelson was the only player I wanted ahead of Roquan in that draft. I was definitely thrilled with Roquan, but Nelson is a stud as well. Hard to envision him walking, like you said.

Monty can go ahead and walk. I think my stance on extending RB's, in general, are pretty known by this point. I also simply don't think very highly of Monty as a RB to begin with. He's... fine? I would like him as a part of a committee. He handcuffs you in the big play department as a featured back. In a pretty massive way, too. Not to mention, poor yards after contact numbers for his entire career.

I know we will have money and will look to make a splash or two. There's so many moving parts right now, though. You just have to wonder exactly what positions we will be looking to hone in on, specifically. Right now, you could pretty much argue that we could justify a big splurge on any position group. Outside of QB (unless Fields falls on his face) and perhaps DB after what we did in the draft.