• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox Sports South reports the Falcons and free agent DT Richard Seymour are engaged in contract talks.
The Falcons are in win-now mode, and Seymour, at the age of 33, is likely only interested in playing for a contender. The four-time Pro Bowler has also been training in the Atlanta area this offseason, and he went to Georgia. Seymour, at 6-foot-6, 310, would bring some much needed beef to the interior of the Falcons' defensive line. The Falcons are up against the cap, but some money will be freed up in June due to Tyson Clabo's post-June 1 release designation.
Related: Falcons
Source: Fox Sports South May 23 - 8:29 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Seahawks WR "Big" Mike Williams has signed with the CFL's Toronto Argonauts.
Williams, 29, was out of the NFL last season, after spending the previous two seasons in Seattle. He was released last July, and there were reports that he had weighed upwards of 270 pounds. Williams caught 83 passes for 987 yards and three touchdowns in 26 games with the Seahawks from 2010-11.
Source: Tacoma News Tribune May 23 - 9:01 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He spelled Quentin wrong.

Mike Klis (Denver Post):

Quintin Jammer will convert to safety for the Broncos. He had started 157 games at corner his previous 10 seasons with the San Diego Chargers. He turns 34 in three weeks and joins the Broncos after the team failed to sign another corner turned safety, Charles Woodson, last week. Woodson instead signed a one-year, $1.8 million deal with the Oakland Raiders, who also offered another $2.5 million in incentives.

Jammer spent Wednesday visiting with the Broncos before signing a deal close to the veteran minimum salary of $940,000. He will participate in the Broncos’ organized team activity (OTA) practice Thursday.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fox Sports South reports the Falcons and free agent DT Richard Seymour are engaged in contract talks.
The Falcons are in win-now mode, and Seymour, at the age of 33, is likely only interested in playing for a contender. The four-time Pro Bowler has also been training in the Atlanta area this offseason, and he went to Georgia. Seymour, at 6-foot-6, 310, would bring some much needed beef to the interior of the Falcons' defensive line. The Falcons are up against the cap, but some money will be freed up in June due to Tyson Clabo's post-June 1 release designation.
Related: Falcons
Source: Fox Sports South May 23 - 8:29 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No news about Atlanta & Richard Seymour is good news (so far).

Time for the Niners to swoop in and steal him like they stole Harbaugh from Miami?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Seahawks WR "Big" Mike Williams has signed with the CFL's Toronto Argonauts.
Williams, 29, was out of the NFL last season, after spending the previous two seasons in Seattle. He was released last July, and there were reports that he had weighed upwards of 270 pounds. Williams caught 83 passes for 987 yards and three touchdowns in 26 games with the Seahawks from 2010-11.
Source: Tacoma News Tribune May 23 - 9:01 PM

The BMW became an Escalade.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond Bishop was released yesterday by the Packers. That is some what surprising because before he got hurt he was playing very well. I'm sure he is too expensive to bring in and he probably wants to start but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him especially if he isn't picked up before TC.

Not sure if Pozz will see this but IIRC you thought he was the best player on the Packer defense. Would he fit into our scheme if by some chance we signed him?

Edit: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...bishop-released-by-packers-will-visit-vikings

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC wasn't Miami trying to steal Harbaugh from us?

The initial reports were that he had agreed with the Dolphins to be thier coach, so right or wrong it looked like we stole him. Do you remember who else we looked at and who satisfied the Rooney Rule? We're we except from that because our last coach was a minority? Would a Latino satisfy the Rule or just blacks/African Americans?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Desmond Bishop was released yesterday by the Packers. That is some what surprising because before he got hurt he was playing very well. I'm sure he is too expensive to bring in and he probably wants to start but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on him especially if he isn't picked up before TC.

Not sure if Pozz will see this but IIRC you thought he was the best player on the Packer defense. Would he fit into our scheme if by some chance we signed him?

Edit: Desmond Bishop cut by Packers; to visit Vikings, Chiefs - NFL.com

For my money he certainly was their best player in 2010 that I saw and probably right up there in 2011 as well. I believe the word I used then was "scariest".

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already has 3 suitors. Vikes, Chiefs, and possibly Jags.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial reports were that he had agreed with the Dolphins to be thier coach, so right or wrong it looked like we stole him. Do you remember who else we looked at and who satisfied the Rooney Rule? We're we except from that because our last coach was a minority? Would a Latino satisfy the Rule or just blacks/African Americans?

Really? I remember the Dolphins Brass getting on a red eye to try to convince Harbaugh to be their coach.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already has 3 suitors. Vikes, Chiefs, and possibly Jags.

Nice to see they signed Justin Smith for another two years. That's probably all the productive years he has left.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Edit: Desmond Bishop cut by Packers; to visit Vikings, Chiefs - NFL.com

For my money he certainly was their best player in 2010 that I saw and probably right up there in 2011 as well. I believe the word I used then was "scariest".

Just realized I forgot to answer the 2nd part of the question. I'm reluctant to say that he'd be a good fit with the 49ers. Even if the 49ers coaches deemed he were, and he checked out medically, and everybody was on board about pursuing him, I highly doubt SF would be the most attractive place for him. I would easily think he could get more playing time and a much better deal elsewhere.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized I forgot to answer the 2nd part of the question. I'm reluctant to say that he'd be a good fit with the 49ers. Even if the 49ers coaches deemed he were, and he checked out medically, and everybody was on board about pursuing him, I highly doubt SF would be the most attractive place for him. I would easily think he could get more playing time and a much better deal elsewhere.

@mattbarrows
LB had been contacted by #49ers ... @Desbishop55: It's official! My family & I are Glad to be apart of the @Vikings family.

Wonder how much we offered? Probably wouldn't have mattered since he would be at best 3 ILB & STs if he plays STs

I posted this in the cut thread. I figured he wouldn't sign with us if he got interest from other teams. Especially if he had the chance to start. But it seems we did kick the tires on the idea.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I posted this in the cut thread. I figured he wouldn't sign with us if he got interest from other teams. Especially if he had the chance to start. But it seems we did kick the tires on the idea.

Which definitely surprised me.