• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Howard Balzer:

49ers UFA LB Larry Grant had tryout with Patriots. Lions UFA CB Jacob Lacey visited Minnesota.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

The Bengals and James Harrison have a deal, I'm told

---------

Pro Football Central:

Two Year deal . Harrison told other teams he wants to play for Cincinnati

He wanted to play for Marvin Lewis and Mike Zimmer

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@AlbertBreer 9m

Aaron Rodgers contract includes a $35 million signing bonus. His cap numbers ('13-19): $12M; $17.9M; $18.6M; $19.6M; $20.65M; $20.9M; $21.1M

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can lock up Kaep to a deal where his cap numbers go from 12-18 over the life of the contract.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tim tebow was cut. I pray no one picks him up so he just goes away!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tim tebow was cut. I pray no one picks him up so he just goes away!

I think the Jags will give him a chance because of all his fans in Florida. Sorry, we're still stuck with him until he fails there too

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Tebow to go be a backup on an established team like the Pats so we there's no reason for people to clammer for him. I'd like to see what the Pats could do with him for a couple of year and if he could become a QB. Heck, I'd love to see what Harbaugh could do with him if he was here.

If he's in the NFL he needs to be somewhere where he can learn and try to develop without all the drama. He's not the one who creates the drama the media is.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would hate to see him go to a team like St. Louis, because that would be such a good fit for them - which would make it bad news for us.

DeAngelo Williams - RB - Panthers

Panthers GM Dave Gettleman was noncommittal when asked if DeAngelo Williams was guaranteed to be on the roster this season.

"Anything's possible; the roster is fluid," said Gettleman. "It's never bad to have too many good players at one position. Right now, he's on the roster." The Panthers could designate Williams as a post-June 1 cut, but it seems unlikely that they would have waited this long to do it. Carolina would be all ears if a team picked up the phone and wanted to swing a deal for Williams.
Source: NFL.com

May 2 - 2:07 PM

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to see him go to a team like St. Louis, because that would be such a good fit for them - which would make it bad news for us.

DeAngelo Williams - RB - Panthers

Panthers GM Dave Gettleman was noncommittal when asked if DeAngelo Williams was guaranteed to be on the roster this season.

"Anything's possible; the roster is fluid," said Gettleman. "It's never bad to have too many good players at one position. Right now, he's on the roster." The Panthers could designate Williams as a post-June 1 cut, but it seems unlikely that they would have waited this long to do it. Carolina would be all ears if a team picked up the phone and wanted to swing a deal for Williams.
Source: NFL.com

May 2 - 2:07 PM

The Rams have very quickly stocked their shelves with talent. If they could get Williams, that would be a huge boost.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Cooper - DB - 49ers

49ers agreed to terms with No. 252 overall pick CB Marcus Cooper on a four-year contract.

The third to last pick of the draft, Cooper is facing long odds of cracking the 49ers' 53-man roster. He should be stashed on the practice squad where he'll be developed as a potential special teamer.

May 10 - 11:30 AM

Carter Bykowski - T - 49ers

49ers agreed to terms with No. 246 overall pick OT Carter Bykowski on a four-year contract.

A former tight end, Bykowski stands in at 6-foot-6, 306 pounds with33 3/4-inch arms. He has the measurables, but has little shot of cracking the 49ers' loaded 53-man roster. Bykowski's most likely home is the practice squad.

May 10 - 11:27 AM

B.J. Daniels - QB - 49ers

49ers agreed to terms with No. 237 overall pick QB B.J. Daniels on a four-year contract.

Daniels was drafted as a "quarterback," but will also get reps at running back, receiver and returner. An ineffective passer in the Big East, Daniels is not an elite runner. He's a roster longshot for a loaded 49ers team that has 11 draft picks to evaluate.

May 10 - 11:22 AM

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jags will give him a chance because of all his fans in Florida. Sorry, we're still stuck with him until he fails there too

Like you, I think he'd fail there, too, in terms of playing well as a quarterback, independently of the team. He could get better than an F on a great team. I won't say he failed in New York because it was clear that they never wanted to give him a fair shot to spark something. Their playcalls for him and the fact that they never played him when everyone was injured. I don't believe his "injury" was really that prohibitive, if it existed at all. He'd never be a good quarterback, IMO, but he might have at least gotten lucky for a few games at the end. Who knows, those lucky games could have earned himself a third string spot for a low media place?

He wouldn't have won any competition even if he had a fair shot. I'm just saying that he didn't get that fair shot. Mostly because they know he can't play at that position. But my thing is, if you think he can't play, don't bring him in. If you bring him in, knowing you don't want him, I will call that an unfair shot, regardless of how bad he may be.

I am not a fan of Tim Tebow... I am also not a fan of the New York Jets, so I see both sides. Give him a shot and let him lose it. (I say this because I don't care if they lose, only my team.) I know he would, if the standards are objective.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't mean that to be so long. SMH. Old, new, and current habits die hard.