• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2019

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be a contract with incentives based on being healthy and of course on field performance.
Don't really think Ansah is very good anyway. Gotta be better than what they currently have though. Just hate the fact that they get these guys that rarely see the field because of injury. The money lost is not the issue for me, its the fact that we get no production from them.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He misses a lot of tackles in run support. Seems ok in pass coverage. PFF had him graded as average. The 49ers made him the highest paid middle linebacker in the league. Barnwell wrote about the signing here

Barnwell's NFL free-agency and trade grades: Tracking every big move

Yup...he comes with some red flags...I get it. Still have to wait and see how it all plays out. Given his injury history, I'm sure there are clauses in his contract (which we really don't know all the details) and given how Paraag Marathe operates, I'll lean with him than against him. We'll probably have an out a couple of years into the deal, much like McKinnon IIRC....and most everyone ripped on that deal as well. Secondly, his contract was just blown out of the water by Mosely, so who knows where it all ends up. He may end up being a bust, or a bargain.

His upside is easily good enough for me to give him a shot.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....And now we find out that this cat, Alexander was suspended four games for PED use. Good lord, this is the type of "quality individual" Lynch and Shanahan were talking about?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want to give up the 2nd pick for OBJ which is what the Giants are looking for. Seeing as how Brown went for a 3rd and a 5th...his market worth is stuck at that value IMO.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want to give up the 2nd pick for OBJ which is what the Giants are looking for. Seeing as how Brown went for a 3rd and a 5th...his market worth is stuck at that value IMO.

I would trade the 2nd round pick or swap picks and take OBJ.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That might be an option...but who's left at 6? Nobody knows until draft day...and although he's the best receiver left in FA, we have serviceable WR's and a pretty dangerous backfield. What we need is that elite outside rusher to take the pressure off of our young secondary. If Bosa doesn't fall to us at 2 I'd consider the trade and demand a kings ransom for it. If that didn't work, we gotta go with either Allen or Williams if we don't pick up an edge rusher in FA.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priority #1 is pass rush, and everything else is a distant second. If...IF SF does a deal for OBJ, I'd like it to be on condition that Bosa is gone @ #1. Then perhaps I can see the Giants and Niners flipping their first round picks, plus Odell, plus whatever else we can get.....and then we 'settle' for someone else other than Bosa.

Bosa still in play and the Giants want a 1st? Let it be next years draft pick (and I'm not for it BTW). At least with this year, we can still draft the top prospect/edge rusher and trade for Beckham.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Trading the 2nd round pick is easy enough, but then there's the "biggest WR contract in the NFL"? Ok, this might be exaggerating but point is it doesn't end with the 2nd round pick.

I wouldn't trade draft spots cause our biggest issue BY FAR is edge rusher. We're in position to draft the ER who fits our scheme best, a potential perenial Pro Bowler. Stay put until Arizona makes their choice.

Yes, would be nice to have a top flight WR, but lets not let the 'glamour' blind us. The overall team needs an ER way more than a WR.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priority #1 is pass rush, and everything else is a distant second. If...IF SF does a deal for OBJ, I'd like it to be on condition that Bosa is gone @ #1. Then perhaps I can see the Giants and Niners flipping their first round picks, plus Odell, plus whatever else we can get.....and then we 'settle' for someone else other than Bosa.

Bosa still in play and the Giants want a 1st? Let it be next years draft pick (and I'm not for it BTW). At least with this year, we can still draft the top prospect/edge rusher and trade for Beckham.

What if we land Thomas instead? Put baby Bosa man child on the edge...I think that would immediately be a game changer for us both figuratively and literally. I'd be happy with that over a potential bad seed in the locker room a la the TO effect. We need somebody that can set off the rest of the young talent we have on the D line...he would instantly cause match up problems up and down the line with the style of D that we line up as.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes.

I wouldn't trade next year's 1st either.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What if we land Thomas instead? Put baby Bosa man child on the edge...I think that would immediately be a game changer for us both figuratively and literally. I'd be happy with that over a potential bad seed in the locker room a la the TO effect. We need somebody that can set off the rest of the young talent we have on the D line...he would instantly cause match up problems up and down the line with the style of D that we line up as.

No doubt adding to the D is way more critical that the O.

We all want a stud Flanker, but unfortunately the D needs to help bad. Nothing helps the overall D more than a stud LEO.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thomas and Bosa? I think either one dramatically helps the defense....bringing in both? I've said that if SF gets Bosa in the draft, you can call it a day. Not literally, but you know what I mean. The same in FA, I believe. We know what ET III will do in this system. I would be happy right there, even if SF didn't do another thing in free agency.

I agree about the Odell/toxic thing. I am just not a fan of any of the talk about Antonio Brown/OBJ to SF. One is done, and the other still looms.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all want a stud Flanker, but unfortunately the D needs to help bad. Nothing helps the overall D more than a stud LEO.

I've said all along that as long as we've got Shanahan to scheme people open and Jimmy G. piloting the offense, I think SF should just load up defensively through the draft/FA. Yeah....get a guard or a big red zone target or whatver here and there.

Scheme with offense, talent on defense.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we can make that happen be happier than a pig in sh#t. No Kearse pretty please. I think we have something in the guys we have...last year our OL was decimated...as well as our QB situation...as well as our secondary...as well as RB's. We got destroyed on all fronts, but sometimes that's just how it goes I guess. We've been pretty spoiled in our SB years in terms of health. I feel pretty good about the chemistry of the team despite what happened...it was kind of a "band of brothers" feel with the youth on the team. Look and Mullens...he came in a kind of fu*king lit it up regardless of a W or an L. Nice little gem to find when we were desperado. Should be an interesting rest of the FA period and then the draft.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading the 2nd round pick is easy enough, but then there's the "biggest WR contract in the NFL"? Ok, this might be exaggerating but point is it doesn't end with the 2nd round pick.

I wouldn't trade draft spots cause our biggest issue BY FAR is edge rusher. We're in position to draft the ER who fits our scheme best, a potential perenial Pro Bowler. Stay put until Arizona makes their choice.

Yes, would be nice to have a top flight WR, but lets not let the 'glamour' blind us. The overall team needs an ER way more than a WR.

Well a lot hinges on if the Cards don't take Bosa and they probably won't or some one trades up for a QB. I would have been more likely to move back if Barr had signed with the Jets as they wanted him to be an edge rusher like he was in college. I'm all for staying put and taking Bosa but if they do move a first for OBJ it better be in a swap of picks or a 2020 pick.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this moment I would like to see them sign Thomas, a CB and an edge rusher. Then draft Bosa or Allen, take a CB, WR, OG and LB in the draft, they may have to trade back in the 2nd or the 3rd to do all that.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to worry about OBJ he's headed to the Browns.