• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2019

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/201...***********&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

I've already predicted we'll sign a FA edge rusher, so MAYBE one of these guys? But I was thinking more on the lines of Attaochu, whereas these guys are a notch higher. With a draft loaded with ER's, difficult to commit too much to one of these guys?

Same with WR, i expect they'll sign one but one of the top FA's. Oh yeah, this isn't a strong year for FA WR's. :-)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/123324-espn-predicts-49ers-sign-safety-earl-thomas-offseason/

Not going to go bezzerk if Thomas is signed, but my opinion is he won't be. He had two major leg injuries and is past his prime. Odds are high he doesn't return to his Pro Bowl self.

Bringing him in also means getting rid of younger talent. Granted, Ward hasn't stayed healthy anyway. But at this point in our rebuild, Safety isn't so bad a shape that we need to sign Thomas.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on the Bosa/Brandon Graham train as far as draft/FA....and with that, the entire SF defense probably turns a 180.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.************.com/articles/123324-espn-predicts-49ers-sign-safety-earl-thomas-offseason/

Not going to go bezzerk if Thomas is signed, but my opinion is he won't be. He had two major leg injuries and is past his prime. Odds are high he doesn't return to his Pro Bowl self.

Bringing him in also means getting rid of younger talent. Granted, Ward hasn't stayed healthy anyway. But at this point in our rebuild, Safety isn't so bad a shape that we need to sign Thomas.

If any of the Safeties could stay healthy they would be in good shape but they can't so they aren't they need better depth in the secondary for sure and Ward isn't the answer. I would be okay with Thomas but I want a better interior of the offensive line and a good pass rusher in free agency. By good I mean better than the crap they signed last offseason.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on the Bosa/Brandon Graham train as far as draft/FA....and with that, the entire SF defense probably turns a 180.

This would probably be the ideal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If Bosa pans out as advertised, he'd definitely help the defense take two steps up. How fast he gets up to "NFL speed" nobody knows, but he'd eventually help a lot.

The LEO makes a big impact but he's not the only one to apply pressure. Others need to come thru from the other edge, at least apply pressure if not sacks.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If any of the Safeties could stay healthy they would be in good shape but they can't so they aren't they need better depth in the secondary for sure and Ward isn't the answer. I would be okay with Thomas but I want a better interior of the offensive line and a good pass rusher in free agency. By good I mean better than the crap they signed last offseason.

Too bad for Ward and injuries, i'd think he would've been good in this scheme. But looks like his opportunities have now passed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This would probably be the ideal.

yeah, due to Graham's age, don't see him commanding a high salary and guarantees? MAYBE we can sign him on more incentives, than signing bonus?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bosa pans out as advertised, he'd definitely help the defense take two steps up. How fast he gets up to "NFL speed" nobody knows, but he'd eventually help a lot.

The LEO makes a big impact but he's not the only one to apply pressure. Others need to come thru from the other edge, at least apply pressure if not sacks.

If Bosa is the blue chipper that he is projected to be, along with FA Graham and Buckner already in the fold....I don't think pass rush will be an issue.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Bosa is the blue chipper that he is projected to be, along with FA Graham and Buckner already in the fold....I don't think pass rush will be an issue.

On "obvious" passing downs they could insert both edge guys, but for those 'gray" downs, tough decisions? Cause don't think you can just send Graham along with Bosa?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On "obvious" passing downs they could insert both edge guys, but for those 'gray" downs, tough decisions? Cause don't think you can just send Graham along with Bosa?

You can never have enough pass rushers. You can never have enough good players....with talent like Buckner/Graham/Bosa....you can do pretty much anything you want.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can never have enough pass rushers. You can never have enough good players....with talent like Buckner/Graham/Bosa....you can do pretty much anything you want.

Yes can't have enough pass rushers, but they won't be on the field together most of the time. That is unless Graham can cover a TE or RB worth a lick?

Yes the obvious passing downs aren't a problem, but not all "obvious passing downs" are obvious.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes can't have enough pass rushers, but they won't be on the field together most of the time. That is unless Graham can cover a TE or RB worth a lick?

Yes the obvious passing downs aren't a problem, but not all "obvious passing downs" are obvious.

Both Graham and Bosa will be DE's....they ain't gonna be asked to cover much of anything except the QB.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pressure and or sacks from outside, Bosa, Allen, Gary, Oliver will add to Buckner, Blair 3, Solomon. Jones hits and Sacks!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pressure and or sacks from outside, Bosa, Allen, Gary, Oliver will add to Buckner, Blair 3, Solomon. Jones hits and Sacks!!

We already know Blair 3 and Solomon doesn't provide pressure. So there is only Buckner.

Yes, we'll add one ER for the outside, but who is Jones?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If this guy got more play he would get 4 0r 5 tackles a game. He hustles for a DT/NG. D.J. Jones Game by Game Stats and Performance | ESPN. We should implement a scheme like Smith and Smith.. Nearly unblockable a few years ago! Go 49ers!!

Ooooh yeah, DJ Jones. I like him too, he'll improve the NT spot this coming season.

Too bad we don't have much draft picks, cause we need another NT developing on the PS. Guess we can only add an UDFA, but the odds for him actually developing, will drop much lower.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, if we continue to get smaller lbs then we need a couple of space eaters that can run on 3rd and short and GL!