• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

franchise dez or murray?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets tagged? Also wondering if nick Fairley would be a fit for us. I just tire of how our defense is so nice. Fairley could come in and retaliate for yesterday's cheapshot by matthews.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We better hurry up and get one signed and then tag the other. All last year I felt the best thing to do was to F-tag Dez and try to sign Murray to a low deal. While that should still be in play, I'd also be open to signing Dez to a long term deal and placing the transition tag on Murray. Murray absolutely should get paid for his great season, but, we should not look the other way while discussing his previous years. I would welcome another team to set his price for us, since I feel there is a strong chance noone will over pay for him with such a strong rookie class coming out in addition to the other vets that will likely be out there.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and no, we should not F-tag Murray. That would be a waste of money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Dez and let Murray walk if he ask for too much.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagging can always have repercussions.

Dez does not want to be tagged. You can say so what but how does that play out down the road?

I had this diabolical idea for Dez. (a catastrophic one for the Cowboys)
Dez could tell Jerry that if he gets tagged, he would do all that he could to sign with the Giants after the 2015 season.

The Giants would have Victor Cruz, Odell Beckhan Jr & Dez Bryant.

Yikes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagging can always have repercussions.

Dez does not want to be tagged. You can say so what but how does that play out down the road?

I had this diabolical idea for Dez. (a catastrophic one for the Cowboys)
Dez could tell Jerry that if he gets tagged, he would do all that he could to sign with the Giants after the 2015 season.

The Giants would have Victor Cruz, Odell Beckhan Jr & Dez Bryant.

Yikes.

While certainly scary, I can't think of a better way for the Giants to screw up their team than that. Even though Beckham is cheap (Cruz isn't) in a salary cap world adding what will be a mega contract for Dez to that already strong duo would surely result in some type of diminishing return on your investment. They have huge holes on their OL and on defense and signing Dez would be hand and hand with not signing JPP.

Reaper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez only because Murray's workload and age is a concern.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the reason teams invested heavily in oline was to let running backs walk when they get injury prone and expensive.

You could get Jim from the local grocery store and he'll be a top 15 Fantasy player next year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the reason teams invested heavily in oline was to let running backs walk when they get injury prone and expensive.

You could get Jim from the local grocery store and he'll be a top 15 Fantasy player next year

That's the exact thinking I heard from people that had Monte Ball as a top 5 fantasy pick this year.

Or maybe the Cowboys do let Murray go and find out next year that the OL was a notch below where we are thinking they are today...who knows which way it will play out.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can "Jim" pass block and catch balls like Murray too? Man, to me the guy is the clear cut MVP this year and I can't see how everyone doesn't see that. Now he's getting crapped on by Cowboy fans and Jerry Jones disrespectful offer. Not just anyone can do what he did. Lesean McCoy danced a little too much this year but id be really really worried about Philly without him and they have a very goood OLine too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the exact thinking I heard from people that had Monte Ball as a top 5 fantasy pick this year.

Or maybe the Cowboys do let Murray go and find out next year that the OL was a notch below where we are thinking they are today...who knows which way it will play out.
Ironically I took Ball and Murray as my first two picks.

You sign Murray if you can but the last thing you want is a big contract to a guy that cant stay healthy.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez because WR's have longer shelf lives than RB's.

Im not arguing that. I just dont see anything good coming from franchising Dez.While I think the offer made to Murray was a slap in the face, I think that Dez will absolutely feel like the tag is a slap in the face.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not arguing that. I just dont see anything good coming from franchising Dez.While I think the offer made to Murray was a slap in the face, I think that Dez will absolutely feel like the tag is a slap in the face.

How did Dez word it? "I would be very very disappointed"

I'm going to stick my neck out and call this. How things worked out down the stretch pretty much cemented Jerry's decision. Dez just killed it down the stretch and played his way out of that tag.

Jerry will look to the Dez contract first, he will bluff with the tag but never use it.
No question he gets a long term deal done with Dez.

I'm almost certain Jerry will tag Murray. We need him plus it would look really bad for him not to be with the Cowboys after the year he had.

You also have to look at the nature of the positions as well. One has longevity, the other one not so much.
Whoever gets tagged will not be happy, it might as well be the one with the smaller window of production.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading the Cowboys can free up $49 million in cap space with just a few moves, I'm guessing they can do whatever they please. I think Dez is signed longterm without a doubt, but here's a question, if you could have Murray back and draft a DT, or sign Suh and draft a RB, which would you choose?