• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foster is a redskin

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean that it will discourage other FAs from signing w/ team - doubt it - or lead to further NFL sanctions - also doubt it - then I agree w/you. However if the concern is about the backlash from media & opposing fans then who gives a fuck.

I don' root for this team to be part or the league' s biggest fanbase or be liked by other fans & media. If this guy is guilty then to hell w/ him. If not the team might just have another quality player for next season. We will see.

What is not to understand about a bad public relations move? I did not say anything about free agents and I did not say anything about any NFL sanctions.

If you aren't aware Snyder hired a guy named Brian Lafemina this year to be his head of PR and Marketing. You might be aware that Snyder has had 20,000 seats removed from Fed Ex. You are certainly aware that the stadium is barely half full and a lot of the fans that are there are wearing the jersey's of other teams. After 20 years of Dan, Vinny and Bruce people are taking a watch and see approach with Lafemina.

If you noticed I did not say it was a bad football move. If the guy did all this crap he will never play for the team and they can say "hey, we just took a chance in case he was framed." If he did it hopefully he can change his life and will help the Redskins.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't - he is lucky as shit that he received minimal punishment & also that his crimes didn't occur in last few years when this is much more of a hot topic. To his credit Big Ben has turned his life around but he is still very lucky that he didn't incur a much worse punishment

Thank you because I didn't think I dreamed about Big Ben getting out of his problems lightly.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is not to understand about a bad public relations move? I did not say anything about free agents and I did not say anything about any NFL sanctions.

If you aren't aware Snyder hired a guy named Brian Lafemina this year to be his head of PR and Marketing. You might be aware that Snyder has had 20,000 seats removed from Fed Ex. You are certainly aware that the stadium is barely half full and a lot of the fans that are there are wearing the jersey's of other teams. After 20 years of Dan, Vinny and Bruce people are taking a watch and see approach with Lafemina.

If you noticed I did not say it was a bad football move. If the guy did all this crap he will never play for the team and they can say "hey, we just took a chance in case he was framed." If he did it hopefully he can change his life and will help the Redskins.

Easy now - I am not trying to attack you - peace. I understand everything you say & again - I don't give a shit. That is the Redskins organization's issue - not mine. Now if the dwindling attendance threatens the Skins existence in DC then I am concerned but don't see it happening. Honestly if this team attains some type of long term success attendance won't be an issue (granted that is far from a given).

NP - I guess my take is that if this leads to less money for Snyder & co - so what. My guess is that this will be forgotten for the most part over time. If this guy is guilty the Skins will dump him & hardly anyone will remember down the road. If he is innocent then some will still view this as a negative but that will not really be a big deal over time. I also think that no matter what lots folks are going to hate the Redskins - personally that just makes me like the team more. You can label me whatever you like for having that take - don't care.

HTTR

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I say gosh darn Maryland Farmer and shit if I am not peaceful. :D

It was a good move and a bad move. That is my position. Good if he proves innocent and it works out on the field. PR nightmare when Lafemina is supposedly trying to change the culture.

It is hard to believe he was wrongly accused 3 or 4 times. So I am not expecting anything out of it. Sadly our FO does not step up. HEY!!! The Alabaman guys said he was a saint. :pound:Meanwhile the Alabama guys said no one asked. :noidea:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I say gosh darn Maryland Farmer and shit if I am not peaceful. :D

It was a good move and a bad move. That is my position. Good if he proves innocent and it works out on the field. PR nightmare when Lafemina is supposedly trying to change the culture.

It is hard to believe he was wrongly accused 3 or 4 times. So I am not expecting anything out of it. Sadly our FO does not step up. HEY!!! The Alabaman guys said he was a saint. :pound:Meanwhile the Alabama guys said no one asked. :noidea:

Yep. It is already done so I am not going to get worked up over public backlash - that is the norm in terms of the Redskins. I definitely predict that it will be forgotten over time. Doesn't anyone remember all of the backlash over Big Ben? He was accused of - & very likely did - some horrible things. However - save for some Bengals & Ravens fans & a few folks w/ long memories just about nobody holds a grudge against Big Ben & many put him on a pedestal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first i am not sure he was wrongfully accused 3-4 times

he was accused twice by the same girl who recanted her the first one under oath the same girl who went to jail falsely accusing another man of the same crime and she accusses him again this time .

that doesnt make him innocent but it damn sure doesnt make him guilty

the things he is guilty of is getting thrown out of the combine for a fight , test positive for drugs at said combine , and he was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of not registering a fire arm

you can also bust him for being young , dumb and full of cum

well worth taking a shot at . if it doesnt work out he gets put on the waiver wire and shipped to the CFL

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They hypocrisy of the NFL highlighted by the treatment of Kareem Hunt who is on video shoving and kicking a woman.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first i am not sure he was wrongfully accused 3-4 times

he was accused twice by the same girl who recanted her the first one under oath the same girl who went to jail falsely accusing another man of the same crime and she accusses him again this time .

that doesnt make him innocent but it damn sure doesnt make him guilty

the things he is guilty of is getting thrown out of the combine for a fight , test positive for drugs at said combine , and he was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of not registering a fire arm

you can also bust him for being young , dumb and full of cum

well worth taking a shot at . if it doesnt work out he gets put on the waiver wire and shipped to the CFL

Yeah I could have been busted for that young, dumb and …. thing too until I was about 30 or maybe even a little longer. Some people got married and some had other agendas. :D

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s been arrested. There is due process. Absolutely. But clearly the nfl agreed. Kudos to the skins for supporting it. Why sign him now? Why not wait till he can play? Poor form.
From a Steelers fan who's QB violated a gal in a public bathroom stall?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They hypocrisy of the NFL highlighted by the treatment of Kareem Hunt who is on video shoving and kicking a woman.
Exactly, what gives? There is actual video. Why is Hunt not placed on NFL exemption list?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly what does foster have to pay for yet ? he hasnt been convicted of any crime needing some sort of payment for

i havent seen any tape or photos indicating her story is true

i dont think you get jail time or a suspension for being stupid do you ?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly what does foster have to pay for yet ? he hasnt been convicted of any crime needing some sort of payment for

i havent seen any tape or photos indicating her story is true

i dont think you get jail time or a suspension for being stupid do you ?
Ok then let me ask you something. I’ve heard about Ben a few times. What was he convicted of? Nothing. Still suspended

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then let me ask you something. I’ve heard about Ben a few times. What was he convicted of? Nothing. Still suspended

What has Foster been convicted of since he became Redskins property?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im by no means trying to troll, merely discuss. But if you need to defend the signing, theres an issue with it. Plus the NFL immediately put him on the exempt list. I still question why they made this move NOW. when you know he cant play. why not wait.

The obvious answer is that he's still on his rookie contract, if this works out, and I believe that there's a strong possibility that it will, they get a huge bargain for a very talented player who, they also gain a 5th year option on. In essence, it's a cheap gamble on a talent that now joins a team stocked with some of his friends and teammates from Alabama. This is the one team with that added advantage. There's only one downside...he never plays again and exactly what does that cost this team?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again, if such simple economics, why would no one else claim him?

The one team with a very poor record of public relations and social relationships claims him.

Yup..Nothing to lose!! What's going to happen, Snyder and Company will suddenly become renown for having a very poor public and social record?? Dude, seriously, "We're winning off the field!"__Bruce Allen

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup..Nothing to lose!! What's going to happen, Snyder and Company will suddenly become renown for having a very poor public and social record?? Dude, seriously, "We're winning off the field!"__Bruce Allen
touche my friend, touche:suds: