• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foster is a redskin

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im by no means trying to troll, merely discuss. But if you need to defend the signing, theres an issue with it. Plus the NFL immediately put him on the exempt list. I still question why they made this move NOW. when you know he cant play. why not wait.

I don't think you're trolling. You've been to the Skins board enough with legit convo, opinions etc. Why would this be different? I'm not defending the signing, nor am I being critical of it. At least not the signing itself. I hope it works out for both parties and the Skins and Foster begin a long and beneficial relationship with one another. I doubt it goes down like that, but that's the hope.

And while I agree with your stance, that this deal and the timing are bad looks for the Skins. WTF else is new? If the Skins aren't looking stupid, they're looking bad. If they aren't looking stupid or bad. They're probably looking lazy or clueless or some combination of any and all of the four at the same time.

Remember Tanard Jackson? Kid had skills at safety but he couldn't stay away from the weed. Some player profiles list him as playing for the Redskins in 2012 and 2013. He didn't play a down for the Skins either season, but the Redskins held onto his rights for those 2 years hoping he'd get reinstated into the league. This latest move reminds me of that move. I was hopeful that move was gonna work out to.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're trolling. You've been to the Skins board enough with legit convo, opinions etc. Why would this be different? I'm not defending the signing, nor am I being critical of it. At least not the signing itself. I hope it works out for both parties and the Skins and Foster begin a long and beneficial relationship with one another. I doubt it goes down like that, but that's the hope.

And while I agree with your stance, that this deal and the timing are bad looks for the Skins. WTF else is new? If the Skins aren't looking stupid, they're looking bad. If they aren't looking stupid or bad. They're probably looking lazy or clueless or some combination of any and all of the four at the same time.

Remember Tanard Jackson? Kid had skills at safety but he couldn't stay away from the weed. Some player profiles list him as playing for the Redskins in 2012 and 2013. He didn't play a down for the Skins either season, but the Redskins held onto his rights for those 2 years hoping he'd get reinstated into the league. This latest move reminds me of that move. I was hopeful that move was gonna work out to.
You have 100% valid points haha. I’d give more response or will later

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it the media and others have proclaimed this guy guilty and talk about him needing to "pay a price " ? not one of us here on this board or in the media know this is even true

the accuser has gone to jail for lying about abuse with another guy

the accuser under oath recanted her story and original charge , said she was upset because he wanted to end the relationship

now the above facts do not mean foster is innocent . but they certainly should cause some huge doubt about any guilt

certainly enough that he shouldnt be assumed guilty of a damn thing . and that is what the media is doing to sell papers or gain views and clicks

didnt the press learn anything from the duke lacrosse team fiasco . they raked those guys over the coals and wanted to shut down the program . over what ? a lie by a hooker? and after they smeared these men for almost a year where was the apologies ?

did they write as many articles showing how ate up they were for a year ? falsely accusing innocent men ? hell no they did not because their narrative is due process and presumption of innocence only applies to the court giving them a free pass to smear whomever they want , whenever they want without repercussions

here is what we KNOW he is guilty of

he was convicted of a misdemeanor weapons charge

he was asked to leave the combine

he tested positive for marijuana

now should the skins have claimed him ? based on football alone the answer is yes . we have a hole at ILB and this kid has potential to fill it

as j-y mentioned above the price will never be lower so , yes grab the kid

and if all is true and the suspensions come then you can say "is he worth it " ? and decide to move on

and what price does a guy have to pay if he is guilty of the offense ? is what the legal system decides enough ? a suspension added ? or do we get to ruin a guy , take away permanently his ability to work in the NFL ?

does mixon deserve to play ? he flat out hit the woman on tape . does he not get a second chance ? so far he has been doing well

didnt Vick deserve a chance ? many thought he didnt and it seems he has repented and become a better man

what is justice in this matter ?

no i wont fault the team for taking a shot at the guy . if it fails he gets shown the door

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im by no means trying to troll, merely discuss. But if you need to defend the signing, theres an issue with it. Plus the NFL immediately put him on the exempt list. I still question why they made this move NOW. when you know he cant play. why not wait.

dont ever think you are trolling here buddy . you come here to talk legit football , you follow the rules , and you dont get personal

you are exactly the type of poster we love to have here even when we disagree :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont ever think you are trolling here buddy . you come here to talk legit football , you follow the rules , and you dont get personal

you are exactly the type of poster we love to have here even when we disagree :suds:
Thanks bud , enjoy talking:suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SteelersPride adds good stuff to the forum. Never saw it as trolling. Now if he starts hugging Crosby ….. :ninja::pound:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1- The move was made now so we could obtain the rights. We prevent him from hitting FA.

2- Perhaps we know this whole thing is bullshit.

3- It is literally a no cost move.

4- how do you know we were the only team to put in a claim?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt every Redskin fan will like the move. If by some chance the move works out for both the Skins and Foster. Every Redskins fan might than say they liked the move. Personally I don't mind the move, but I have my doubts it will amount to much.

At this point we like the move because there is zero cost for a young player with talent at a position of need. I can’t imagine an actual fan being disappointed by the move.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SteelersPride adds good stuff to the forum. Never saw it as trolling. Now if he starts hugging Crosby ….. :ninja::pound:

PS: My girlfriend is a Steeler fan. :noidea: I bought her a McDonald and a JuJu jersey because she likes them. :drool:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is the same injured shoulder that lowered his draft stock besides the character issues. That shoulder was giving him problems coming into his rookie year. Our medical staff might have screwed that one up when they drafted him. It could be a chronic issue for him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- The move was made now so we could obtain the rights. We prevent him from hitting FA.

2- Perhaps we know this whole thing is bullshit.

3- It is literally a no cost move.

4- how do you know we were the only team to put in a claim?
I could be wrong but I thought I heard u were the only claim, I have zero backing to that thiugh

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She wasn't some random woman she's was Foster's fuckin girlfriend. This isn't the only snafu this knucklehead as got caught up in either.

With criminal cases over, Reuben Foster now braces for NFL suspension(s)

49ers LB Reuben Foster is arrested for marijuana possession

Not that its really needed, but Foster doesn't sound too smart. Dollars to donuts the average blind man could see that fuckin with this chickenhead long term was just a cross for you get caught up in waiting to happen.

https://everipedia.org/wiki/elissa-ennis/

Foster scored a 9 on the Wunderlic. He is not the brightest guy to say the least. The 49ers actually preferred a rookie to call plays over Foster. The thing about his girlfriend besides the allegations, she admitted she stole money and other things from him while he was in jail. Why he would get together with her is beyond rational. He is great athletically and was a stud playing during the second half of last year. Unfortunately, he has nothing between the ears and for us was another Aldon Smith, another physical talent and knucklehead.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again , Ben paid his time. Foster has not yet. Either way good luck rest of the way. Like I said not here to troll. Not on team boards at least

Wait a second . . . When did Big Ben do his time? He should still be in jail!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it the media and others have proclaimed this guy guilty and talk about him needing to "pay a price " ? not one of us here on this board or in the media know this is even true

the accuser has gone to jail for lying about abuse with another guy

the accuser under oath recanted her story and original charge , said she was upset because he wanted to end the relationship

now the above facts do not mean foster is innocent . but they certainly should cause some huge doubt about any guilt

certainly enough that he shouldnt be assumed guilty of a damn thing . and that is what the media is doing to sell papers or gain views and clicks

didnt the press learn anything from the duke lacrosse team fiasco . they raked those guys over the coals and wanted to shut down the program . over what ? a lie by a hooker? and after they smeared these men for almost a year where was the apologies ?

did they write as many articles showing how ate up they were for a year ? falsely accusing innocent men ? hell no they did not because their narrative is due process and presumption of innocence only applies to the court giving them a free pass to smear whomever they want , whenever they want without repercussions

here is what we KNOW he is guilty of

he was convicted of a misdemeanor weapons charge

he was asked to leave the combine

he tested positive for marijuana

now should the skins have claimed him ? based on football alone the answer is yes . we have a hole at ILB and this kid has potential to fill it

as j-y mentioned above the price will never be lower so , yes grab the kid

and if all is true and the suspensions come then you can say "is he worth it " ? and decide to move on

and what price does a guy have to pay if he is guilty of the offense ? is what the legal system decides enough ? a suspension added ? or do we get to ruin a guy , take away permanently his ability to work in the NFL ?

does mixon deserve to play ? he flat out hit the woman on tape . does he not get a second chance ? so far he has been doing well

didnt Vick deserve a chance ? many thought he didnt and it seems he has repented and become a better man

what is justice in this matter ?

no i wont fault the team for taking a shot at the guy . if it fails he gets shown the door

dad, Good post! You should have been an attorney, or maybe you were!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dad, Good post! You should have been an attorney, or maybe you were!
no just a jerk :D

the thing is sometimes the media is full of hot garbage and sanctimonious and certainly rushes to judgement

the guy could very well be guilty but he also can be very innocent and the 5th amendment should be respected by journalist as well

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no just a jerk :D

the thing is sometimes the media is full of hot garbage and sanctimonious and certainly rushes to judgement

the guy could very well be guilty but he also can be very innocent and the 5th amendment should be respected by journalist as well

I agree and at this point in the Foster saga obtaining him now might be one of the few smart business moves our front office has made in recent years since the risk to reward issue is not very costly.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't cost them any resources to make asses out of themselves, so if it doesn't work it doesn't hurt the team on the field. But once again, it was a horrible PR move for a team that is know for doing things like suing old ladies for ticket money.

If you mean that it will discourage other FAs from signing w/ team - doubt it - or lead to further NFL sanctions - also doubt it - then I agree w/you. However if the concern is about the backlash from media & opposing fans then who gives a fuck.

I don' root for this team to be part or the league' s biggest fanbase or be liked by other fans & media. If this guy is guilty then to hell w/ him. If not the team might just have another quality player for next season. We will see.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second . . . When did Big Ben do his time? He should still be in jail!

He didn't - he is lucky as shit that he received minimal punishment & also that his crimes didn't occur in last few years when this is much more of a hot topic. To his credit Big Ben has turned his life around but he is still very lucky that he didn't incur a much worse punishment