• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forum Wide Mock Draft

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the draft only a little over a week away, I thought it would be interesting to start a thread where every poster could contribute to a mock draft. We'll do a complete 1st Round Mock Draft. Please post a remark or a comment why that player would fit or would be a good selection for the team you are choosing for. Only rule is that a poster can't submit multiple picks in a row(i.e. if you select for the Warriors at 7, you cannot also select a player for Detroit at 8.)

I'll start it off:

1) Hornets - Anthony Davis. Best player in the draft. Already a stud on the defensive end and has a lot of ball skills to work with on offense. At worst he'll end up a better ball handling version of Serge Ibaka. Upside here is tremendous.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2) Bobcats - Thomas Robinson. Charlotte needs help everywhere, but particularly offensive help on the front line. Robinson is a solid pick, able to provide good offense, acceptable defense, and can be a real building block for them going forward. Plus he's a great leader by example both on and off the court for a very young team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3) Wizards - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. They need maturity and a winning mentality in the worst way. The Wizards are still a very young team, and MKG fits them like a glove. They could go with Barnes or Beal here, but I think MKG gets the advantage based alone on his nonstop motor. They need a guy who can help change the culture and MKG is that guy.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) Cavs - Andre Drummond. As tempting as an Irving/Beal back court may be (and I think Bradley is the BPA here), it would give the Cavs a little bit of a Curry/Monta issue. I think Beal could be good without the ball in his hands at the NBA level, but a front court rotation of athletic bigs like Thompson/Varejao/Drummond is too much to pass up. The Cavs could definitely use some defensive intensity on the wings, so of course, Barnes is a distinct possibility. However, I believe their front office will see help on D in the middle as a more effective way to achieve that immediately. I think Barnes will be a great defender in the league, but there will definitely be a couple of years of growing pains. Drummond can step in and be a defensive force right now. Obviously, his offensive game needs work, but I have more faith in him developing moves than I do in a 30-year-old Anderson Varejao. Plus, I expect big things from Tristan Thompson this year, and for some reason, I still believe Omri Casspi can be a solid NBA 3, someday (despite certain indications to the contrary).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the change in personnel and the likelihood that the Wizards will take Beal, I change the Cavs pick to MKG. Who is gonna take the easy Kings' pick?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do it.

5) Kings - Harrison Barnes. They need a 3 in the worst way. Barnes brings solid athleticism and shooting that the kings need. They could go with Drummond here, but with Boogie doing work in the paint, I think they'll choose a swingman here.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trailblazers

6) Andre Drummond - C, Uconn

The Blazers will take Drummond here because they will pair him with LaMarcus Aldridge and have a huge, athletic front court that can dominate sooner rather than later. The Blazers also need a point, so there's a chance they take Lillard, but I have to believe that there are talented point guards available in FA and later in the draft. Guys like Drummond don't come along that often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off the info Kawakami has gotten from sources. The leader in the clubhouse is Zeller since Barnes or Beal most likely get drafted before our pick. Chad Ford thinks we might consider Waiters. Drummond and a Jerry West dark horse or two also in the mix. Sounds like Sullinger has been removed from our draft board.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And in a surprise......

7) Warriors - John Henson. During his 3 years in college, Henson developed elite defensive and rebounding skills which will be immediately appreciated by any team taking him. Efficient offensively while playing in the shadows of highly regarded talents in Barnes and Zeller, Henson has quietly continued to add range and polish to his offensive game, and can be expected to do so going forward. Gaining over 30 pounds in 3 years at UNC, he will likely be able to add another 15-20 pounds over the next 2-4 years to help him hold position in the post against bigger players. Henson is a high upside guy with elite defensive capabilities (an area of need for the W's), making him the logical choice among a very crowded field of contenders for the #7 pick.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8) Raptors - Dian Waiters. The guy can flat out get to the hoop and score the ball. This is something the Raptors definitely need. Derozan has come along nicely but I believe these two guys can play along side each other at the 2 and 3 positions. They could go with Lillard here if they try to move Calderon, but for now Waiters makes the most sense for them.