• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So It's The Offseason

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ojabo 6'5" @ 250 lbs. Looks pretty quick.

Johnson 6'5" @ 260 lbs. 3 different colleges?

Walker 6'5 @ 275 lbs

And Ojabo has a lot of upside I suspect he will be off the board at 21 but I like him a lot

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Eagles in first round 15,16 and 19

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin McCourty "going to Miami"

Probably go down to Miami and hang out with you for a little while,” Devin said to his twin Jason on the “Double Coverage with the McCourty Twins” podcast.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's the offseason...And you guys have been slack so I will share this.

A lady my wife works with called her and sent her a picture of a dog and said we needed to go check her out.
It was being held by a sister of her friend.
As the story goes, this lady saw the dog next to the dumpster where she works on Friday afternoon as she was leaving work. She didn't think much of it but it was back Monday morning. And that afternoon. And still there by Wednesday morning. At that point she made the decision to bring her home and "Rescue" her. She had dogs already so she put her in her garage. A week of Facebook posting and calls to the (already full of pitbulls) animal shelters and animal control my wife got the text. I said well, lets go look.
We went over to this lady's house, which as it turns out was a house we passed on when we were house hunting, and she was in her driveway with her neighbors and the dog. The neighbor had her two kids there an 18 month old boy and a 3 year old girl. The dog was going from one to the other to keep the herded in the yard while chasing a ball. There was a cat under the car and as the dog ran by she just reached out and touched the cat with her nose and whoosh back to the kids.
Soon I crouched down and the cat came over. The dog stopped by to touch the cat again and then gave me a few licks and back to the kids.
My wife asked my daughter, who liked her, and she asked me, I said we'll come back tomorrow night.

IMG_20220213_113150894.jpg

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next day I made an appointment with the vet, who my son had worked for last summer between HS and college, and who was also the parents of one of his friends from his day care years, for a complete health check, all vaccines, check if she's been spayed and a grooming. The lady we had adopted her from had already had a mobile vet come by and scan her for a chip. Nada. Mobile vet because the only thing harder than getting her into a car is getting her out of one. PTSD from getting abandoned at the dumpster is my guess.
We went to PetSmart and got some Food/Toys/Gear and brought the dog home that night. Man was she filthy. FILTHY.
After she had been in the house for about 4 hours we had our first two questions answered.

She's not pregnant. Nor is she spayed.
She's bleeding.

Fuck.

Back to PetSmart for doggy diapers.
Amazingly, she kept them on.
Calls to the vet and yes, they can spay her while she's in heat but there are extra time consuming precautions that need to be followed so it costs more. We contemplated, but she was SO GOOD about wearing the diaper we cancelled the appointment for spaying.

But getting ahead, back to her initial vet visit, she is in perfect health. Perfect. And the vet said because she has all her adult teeth and they are absolutely sparkly white, she is right at 1 year old. At 70 lbs, she'll probably put on another 10, good hips and elbows. And she agrees with me that she is pure bred.

She knows sit, laydown, stay. but she doesn't. Stay that is.
I tried to toss her a ball. Bounced off her face. tried again. Same result.
Two weeks later. nothing gets by her. She throws her toys up in the air and then catches them.

We went around and around on names, and back and forth. Something German, something girlie, something that was meaningful as to how she came into our life.
Nothing stood out.
Anna, Ava, Lena, Athena, Mia, Sabine, Saleen, Dee Dee (Dumpster Dog).

What fits?
Jules.
My daughter said Brady or Tee Bee, my wife said Julien or Julianne, son was back to school.
We all hit on Jules.
Perfect!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next day I made an appointment with the vet, who my son had worked for last summer between HS and college, and who was also the parents of one of his friends from his day care years, for a complete health check, all vaccines, check if she's been spayed and a grooming. The lady we had adopted her from had already had a mobile vet come by and scan her for a chip. Nada. Mobile vet because the only thing harder than getting her into a car is getting her out of one. PTSD from getting abandoned at the dumpster is my guess.
We went to PetSmart and got some Food/Toys/Gear and brought the dog home that night. Man was she filthy. FILTHY.
After she had been in the house for about 4 hours we had our first two questions answered.

She's not pregnant. Nor is she spayed.
She's bleeding.

Fuck.

Back to PetSmart for doggy diapers.
Amazingly, she kept them on.
Calls to the vet and yes, they can spay her while she's in heat but there are extra time consuming precautions that need to be followed so it costs more. We contemplated, but she was SO GOOD about wearing the diaper we cancelled the appointment for spaying.

But getting ahead, back to her initial vet visit, she is in perfect health. Perfect. And the vet said because she has all her adult teeth and they are absolutely sparkly white, she is right at 1 year old. At 70 lbs, she'll probably put on another 10, good hips and elbows. And she agrees with me that she is pure bred.

She knows sit, laydown, stay. but she doesn't. Stay that is.
I tried to toss her a ball. Bounced off her face. tried again. Same result.
Two weeks later. nothing gets by her. She throws her toys up in the air and then catches them.

We went around and around on names, and back and forth. Something German, something girlie, something that was meaningful as to how she came into our life.
Nothing stood out.
Anna, Ava, Lena, Athena, Mia, Sabine, Saleen, Dee Dee (Dumpster Dog).

What fits?
Jules.
My daughter said Brady or Tee Bee, my wife said Julien or Julianne, son was back to school.
We all hit on Jules.
Perfect!
Good looking pup and lucky to have found a caring family.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not..............

My wife and I havebeen in the panhandle of Florida since Jan.1. We leave next Saturday and head back to NH.

Last Thursday, there was little pure white minature terrier wanderin around the street.It was filthy and seemed lost. My wife went down and picked it up and walked around the neighborhood asking everyone ifthey knew who owned it. She came back and decided to clean it up. The dog loved getting a bath and blow dried. We didn't have any dog food so my wife fried up some ground chuck. It was a male, weighed about five pounds. It slept with my wife, curled up under her chin all night. Now comes the rest of the story.

I go to the store in the morning and get some Iam's, a collar and a leash.I take the pupforawalk andloand behold some guy comes running with two other dogs yelling at the pup I'm walking. The dog seemed happy to see him and of course, I had to give him alecture on animal care like bathing the dog once in awhile and cutting its nails which were about three inches long. He started to give me some shit and I told him I'd call Animal Control and report him for abuse.

Now the wife wants a little puppy. Not me. I'll adopt an adult that knows that it goes outside to pee and poop. I also know that I'll be doing all of the training and walking.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not..............

My wife and I havebeen in the panhandle of Florida since Jan.1. We leave next Saturday and head back to NH.

Last Thursday, there was little pure white minature terrier wanderin around the street.It was filthy and seemed lost. My wife went down and picked it up and walked around the neighborhood asking everyone ifthey knew who owned it. She came back and decided to clean it up. The dog loved getting a bath and blow dried. We didn't have any dog food so my wife fried up some ground chuck. It was a male, weighed about five pounds. It slept with my wife, curled up under her chin all night. Now comes the rest of the story.

I go to the store in the morning and get some Iam's, a collar and a leash.I take the pupforawalk andloand behold some guy comes running with two other dogs yelling at the pup I'm walking. The dog seemed happy to see him and of course, I had to give him alecture on animal care like bathing the dog once in awhile and cutting its nails which were about three inches long. He started to give me some shit and I told him I'd call Animal Control and report him for abuse.

Now the wife wants a little puppy. Not me. I'll adopt an adult that knows that it goes outside to pee and poop. I also know that I'll be doing all of the training and walking.
That's what makes Jules so perfect!

Someone else already house broke her!

My wife relayed a bit ago that she was reading that there is a new TicToc challenge to go kidnap a dog and dump it off many miles from it's home.
I know I will never know her story, But I wonder. She took to us so well and so quickly, she is either on my hip or she is on my wife's.

I walk her and carry the "Bags", my wife gives her treats, my daughter plays with her.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She sounds like the perfect dog. Keep her inside if you see a white Lincoln MKT roaming around the neighborhood.
Shit mother fucker...
You come in to town I'll lend you a hand and some of Griots Finest to get the bug guts off the Lincoln, then I'll throw some burgers on the grill.

You just bring some kind of fresh sea food to make it a surf n turf.