• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So It's The Offseason

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears we have only one person interested lets scrap it and move onto other off season feckless banter.
It's a worthy topic, but me personally, I'd rather discuss what we know and what's actually happening. I'm not into fantasy football either. For me, I'd rather see a question like "top 5 issues that prevented the Pats from being better" where we can compare/contrast everyone's thoughts. Within that we all could revise our lists (if we choose) based on the insight of others...

I like the "Bullseye" emoji. Too bad there weren't a couple more of those that indicated an almost hit and a miss. It adds a bit of grading to the reactions without being insulting. To me - the bullseye is better than the like and the trophy, though each have their places. It would be cool to react to someone's list with an almost hit if you mostly agree.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honorary GM for the year. Here is my first off season keep us entertained idea. A game of sorts, post a pre free agency mock draft this is just a warm up, then post a post free agency mock draft. The post free agency mock draft has a point system most points earns the title of Honorary GM.

5 Points = Correct Player Named

3 Points= Correct Position Named

1 Point = Correct Side of the ball named

Respond if you are down.

First thing I would like to see is Steve Belichick fired and Brian Flores called back. BB can send Steve to barber college.
Well...I do like the off season entertainment, but I know not the college players and will exemplify the meaning of suck if I participate...

So, be it as it may, sure, why not.

I'll play at least as hard as New England's defense on Saturday.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a defense that just didn't play well down the stretch. 35 points a game in our last 4 loses. Judon? Was he even on this team after mid-season? Jonnu Smith??? Was he on this team at all? We have slow LB's. Not a single player who can put pressure on the QB. As good as Mac Jones has been, his interceptions these last 2 games where bad. Pick 6 in Miami. Interception in the endzone against Buffalo are brutal and momentum/emotional killers.
He definitely telegraphs his medium and deep throws.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I do like the off season entertainment, but I know not the college players and will exemplify the meaning of suck if I participate...

So, be it as it may, sure, why not.

I'll play at least as hard as New England's defense on Saturday.
I have a few other offseason ideas I am going to throw out.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of negative stuff written about BB's son and the job he's done as DC. I've seen people say they'd love to have Flores back as DC but we all assume he'll get another HC job.

Over the years the Pats have brought back several coordinators. Matty P just returned albeit in a different capacity. Josh McD was brought back. Dante was lured out of retirement.

I wonder why BB has never considered, or perhaps maybe he has, bringing back Romeo Crennel?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a lot of negative stuff written about BB's son and the job he's done as DC. I've seen people say they'd love to have Flores back as DC but we all assume he'll get another HC job.

Over the years the Pats have brought back several coordinators. Matty P just returned albeit in a different capacity. Josh McD was brought back. Dante was lured out of retirement.

I wonder why BB has never considered, or perhaps maybe he has, bringing back Romeo Crennel?
I would prefer someone that has a more aggressive approach. Defenses today need to be quick and agile to keep up with the offenses. We had to many guys that could not touch Allen that is disgraceful. As much as we may need DB we better get quick agile DEs and LBs

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer someone that has a more aggressive approach. Defenses today need to be quick and agile to keep up with the offenses. We had to many guys that could not touch Allen that is disgraceful. As much as we may need DB we better get quick agile DEs and LBs
I want to add to this. BB has a knack for drafting DBs late so I cannot see him grabbing one early. I suspect he will take the best player available at either OT, LB or Edge and don't be surprised to see him double down on LB this year

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a bunch of quick young LB's that will play next year. We need to also update our defensive game plan.
The one we are using has been exposed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Bill can talk Joe Judge into coming back as ST Coach.

Thnk if Bill got down on his knees and begged, Dante might come out of retirement?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a bunch of quick young LB's that will play next year. We need to also update our defensive game plan.
The one we are using has been exposed.
If they were so quick why couldn't they catch Allen

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Bill can talk Joe Judge into coming back as ST Coach.

Thnk if Bill got down on his knees and begged, Dante might come out of retirement?

Lots of truth to what Dante says.
But without a downfield or boundary number 1, the slot will never be open.

It takes balance.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of truth to what Dante says.
But without a downfield or boundary number 1, the slot will never be open.

It takes balance.
I think what he is saying makes sense you get the slot guy the rest will open up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anfernee Jennings
Ronny Perkins
Cameron McGrone
Raekwon McMillan
And what makes you feel this corp of guys would have been any better. Jennings drafted in 2020 looked okay but not great and went to injured reserve. We all know that Perkins has been red shirted but he and Jennings may offer the speed we need at the position. I think McMillian was an UDFA so not sure what he brings. McGrone is a mystery to me.and all of us, he is quick but very small for the position can't shed blocks and lack real exp at the position, if he can develop he could be good

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think were we are sitting at 21 we need to look at an edge player

David Ojabo
Jermaine Johnson ( I suspect her will drop out of first round)
Travon Walker

May all be available

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think were we are sitting at 21 we need to look at an edge player

David Ojabo
Jermaine Johnson ( I suspect her will drop out of first round)
Travon Walker

May all be available
Ojabo 6'5" @ 250 lbs. Looks pretty quick.

Johnson 6'5" @ 260 lbs. 3 different colleges?

Walker 6'5 @ 275 lbs