• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forget Baltimore, Kaep fits perfectly in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's not forget this very small yet important detail.

Kaepernick had a contract.

He.

Opted.

Out!

He is without a contract. By choice.

He's without a contract with the 49ers by choice. He's wanted out of there for 2 years. They chose Blaine Gabbert over him, why would he stay?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't evidence, I'm just speculating that might contribute to his unemployment.

That smells more of a rumour to give the NFL and its owners a pass as to why nobody is signing Kaepernick...when the truth is it's more political. He's not a good player, but he's better than the backups and probably a few starters.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they didn't, but if you get pulled over for a busted tail light, you shouldn't have to wonder if you're gonna move the wrong way and get shot. Police shouldn't shoot to kill, should shoot to subdue. No reason why, if someone is running away, you need to shoot them 6 times in the back. No reason why if someone is resisting arrest, you have to shoot them in the chest. Shoot them in the foot or in the leg to stop them. No reason to shoot to kill unless they are threatening your life. I also think that he has proven during this offseason that his attention is now on bettering communities and people in need and educating people on how to handle interactions with the police. Do you not think people deserve second chances?

Dude get realistic, it's a two way street.....
How many of these people make threatening moves while pulled over???
How many flat out disobey instructions given to them by the police????
As far as racial tension, thank obummer for that Shit.

As far as Krappernick, why didn't he do all this self righteous Shit instead of pulling on pig socks, or wearing a Castro shirt.....I'm sure the people of Miami would love that. But no he decides to do it now, again too late.

You like him, go buy you a team, sign him and let us know how that works out for ya.
He could of stayed in Frisco, but he left. Maybe he should of stayed and worked on his image first, but to late now.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That smells more of a rumour to give the NFL and its owners a pass as to why nobody is signing Kaepernick...when the truth is it's more political. He's not a good player, but he's better than the backups and probably a few starters.

You're probably right. I just find it confusing how a multi-billion dollar industry could let something like this get in the way of their ability to operate a team.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right. I just find it confusing how a multi-billion dollar industry could let something like this get in the way of their ability to operate a team.

Well...a lot of those owners are elder white guys, so there is that.....and you said it yourself...the NFL is multi-billion dollar industry. Bringing in a guy like Kaepernick is risky for business. There is still the football aspect to it, as Kaepernick's style isn't something that can translate to every team. In fact, it's probably the opposite.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it "some" fans or a "majority" of fans that are so vehemently opposed? I'd say more an extremely vocal "some".

Michael Bennett mentioned yesterday that by and large owners have never given a shit what their fans think before but suddenly they do?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 16 TDs, 4 INTs, QB rating of 90.7, 2nd lowest INT% in the league last year only behind Tom Brady, 6th in the NFC in TD%, 9th in the NFC in QB rating, 2 NFC championships games, 1 Super Bowl and he's garbage?

Yes.

Cherry-picking stats isn't going to change that. Nor is your seamless transition from "in the league" to "in the NFC" because it sounds better.

The 49ers offense was 27th in points last year. If he was so great, then explain to me why our offense (whose task is to score points), did not score many points. To me, the single most important position responsible for that, is the quarterback.

Here are some more numbers for you:

In 2015, the 49ers were dead last in points.

In 2014, the 49ers were 25th.

In 2013, the 49ers were 24th.

They did well when Kaep came in and just went downhill from there.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. That defense gave up 31 and 24 points in the divisional and conference championship games. Then another 34 in the Super Bowl.

Because I wasn't just looking at how the defense did in a single game against one of the very best teams in the league to gauge how good they were.

In 2011, the 49ers defense was 2nd in points allowed.
In 2012, 2nd in points allowed.
In 2013, 3rd in points allowed.
In 2014, 10th in points allowed.

The defense wasn't the problem. At all.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I've been pretty clear throughout the thread in saying that there may be some kind of out. Just that he talked as though there was not.

It's also very clear the talks with Miami are real.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/04/report-dolphins-have-reached-out-to-jay-cutler/

As the Dolphins continue to await word on the severity of Ryan Tannehill‘s knee injury, the momentum for Jay Cutler is building in Miami.

The Dolphins have reached out to Cutler, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports.

Dolphins coach Adam Gase, who coached Cutler when he was the Bears’ offensive coordinator in 2015, has personally been in touch with Cutler, the report says. Cutler had a good season in Gase’s offense and the two get along well personally.

The Bears cut Cutler in March, so he’s a free agent and there are no restrictions on the Dolphins contacting him or signing him. He has already signed with CBS to work as an announcer this year, but that wouldn’t preclude him from changing his mind and returning to the field if the right opportunity arises.

Gase said today that Matt Moore is now the Dolphins’ quarterback, but Gase made clear that’s only the case “right now.” If Tannehill is out for the season, the Dolphins may go shopping for a new quarterback, and Cutler could be the man.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he only coach Cutler for 1 year at Chicago and they went 6-10?

Yeah, but Cutler had a really good season, and the team made quite a bit of positive head-way in a season they were projected by many to grab the #1 overall pick. In the second half, he had a 100+ QB rating. Definitely some of his best play.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Jay Cutler has the 3rd worst W/L record amongst active QBs with more than 100 starts. Don't know how much of an improvement it would be over Colin Kaepernick, who has at least led his team to a Super Bowl and 2 NFC title games.

That's a very nice job of cherry-picking stats.

I could cherry pick stats too, and point out how Jay was 35-20 under Lovie Smith. 28-13 in 10, 11 and 12 with a top 10 defense backing him. While also being 38-7 when his D surrendered 20 points or less throughout his career.

How funny that you also neglect to mention that they both have virtually the same winning percentage. .489 and .482.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude get realistic, it's a two way street.....
How many of these people make threatening moves while pulled over???
How many flat out disobey instructions given to them by the police????
As far as racial tension, thank obummer for that Shit.

As far as Krappernick, why didn't he do all this self righteous Shit instead of pulling on pig socks, or wearing a Castro shirt.....I'm sure the people of Miami would love that. But no he decides to do it now, again too late.

You like him, go buy you a team, sign him and let us know how that works out for ya.
He could of stayed in Frisco, but he left. Maybe he should of stayed and worked on his image first, but to late now.

I'm with you a 100% one of my cousins was put on a helicopter with all dead bodies in Nam with 3 bullets in him. Thankfully the co-pilot heard him moaning and he lived, fuck Kap that ungrateful POS. His father left him, raised by white parents and he wants to protest, protest what? If you listen to the cops, don't reach or run, chances are you won't get shot. If I was a cop, and somebody made a threatening motion, black, white, brown, yellow , red , it doesn't matter, fucker is gonna get shot.

What about this shit few days ago he was only trying to help

Officer shot 14 times, killed hours after walking son to first day of kindergarten. His pig shocks should be stuffed in his mouth till he can't breathe

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Philly zero but then again I wasn't saying Philly amounted to much was I. I taking a shot at Krappy and Flacco just got in the way so suck it up and find yourself a safe space until you recover.

Ever hear the saying; children should be seen and not heard ????....Well so should Morons, so shaddup already !!!
You've already established you know nothing about football, and we see you, Moron !:eek::L:nono:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they didn't, but if you get pulled over for a busted tail light, you shouldn't have to wonder if you're gonna move the wrong way and get shot. Police shouldn't shoot to kill, should shoot to subdue. No reason why, if someone is running away, you need to shoot them 6 times in the back. No reason why if someone is resisting arrest, you have to shoot them in the chest. Shoot them in the foot or in the leg to stop them. No reason to shoot to kill unless they are threatening your life. I also think that he has proven during this offseason that his attention is now on bettering communities and people in need and educating people on how to handle interactions with the police. Do you not think people deserve second chances?

Go look up his girlfriends tweet yesterday. Calling Steve Bisciotti a racist owner and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom...Like her boyfriend, they are too dumb to know those are racist comments and shows their mentality about the subject...You agree with them or you are judged as such by them....Uh, ain't that the same thing you're accusing these people of WonderHo ?????:crazy::doh::noidea:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever hear the saying; children should be seen and not heard ????....Well so should Morons, so shaddup already !!!
You've already established you know nothing about football, and we see you, Moron !:eek::L:nono:

Well that took awhile, I guess your safe space time didn't help. So now to the "make peace" part of this post.

For starters I am a loyal Canuck, I am a born and raised Habs fan (24 Stanley Cups) and a CFL Alouettes fan (6 Grey Cup Championships). It wasn't until I adopted a US sports franchise (Eagles) that I came to know utter desolation and loss. Thanks for that BTW. I also have friends who have adopted NFL teams to follow and we still continue to berate the Vikings fan. As for your butt hurt regarding my dis of Flacco, you seriously have to admit that he's a world class disappointment who got a lucky win. This of course takes nothing away from previous Ravens wins. Grats for that.

PS if you wanted to improve your overall profile, you may wish to add an NHL team. Gives you a bit of a Canadian look, and who doesn't like Canadians? :becky:

Peace out my friend. :suds:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that took awhile, I guess your safe space time didn't help. So now to the "make peace" part of this post.

For starters I am a loyal Canuck, I am a born and raised Habs fan (24 Stanley Cups) and a CFL Alouettes fan (6 Grey Cup Championships). It wasn't until I adopted a US sports franchise (Eagles) that I came to know utter desolation and loss. Thanks for that BTW. I also have friends who have adopted NFL teams to follow and we still continue to berate the Vikings fan. As for your butt hurt regarding my dis of Flacco, you seriously have to admit that he's a world class disappointment who got a lucky win. This of course takes nothing away from previous Ravens wins. Grats for that.

PS if you wanted to improve your overall profile, you may wish to add an NHL team. Gives you a bit of a Canadian look, and who doesn't like Canadians? :becky:

Peace out my friend. :suds:

The problem I have with your assessment is highlighted....

Joe came into this league with all eyes and attention on Matt Ryan that yr....Got thrown in the fire first yr had to start, took us to the AFCCG that yr and 2 more times during his 1st 5 yrs with playoff wins in all and a SB run that was matched only by the GOAT Montana, 11 TD's 0 INT'S and SB MVP with the win...Just luck I guess....
More wins in 1st 5 yrs than any qb in the league except for Brady, just luck I guess.....
That SB run was beating a red hot Colt team at home, going into #2 seed Denver and knocking off PM and the #1 D.....Going into #1 seed NE and dismantling the Brady Bunch, just luck I guess !!!
And then going into NO as an underdog and having to sit through a bazaar 34 minute delay in the second half after we was destroying them, withstood a gallant come back and still won the game....Yeah, I guess he is a pretty lucky guy.....
I'm sure a lot of teams in the league this yr, and Atlanta last yr, wish they had him, after all he is one lucky Joe !!!! :rolleyes2:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Jay Cutler has the 3rd worst W/L record amongst active QBs with more than 100 starts. Don't know how much of an improvement it would be over Colin Kaepernick, who has at least led his team to a Super Bowl and 2 NFC title games.
2 unwanted QB options either way. Cutler knows the offense already and no extra distractions for the team.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it "some" fans or a "majority" of fans that are so vehemently opposed? I'd say more an extremely vocal "some".

Michael Bennett mentioned yesterday that by and large owners have never given a shit what their fans think before but suddenly they do?

Bennett is a stupid bobble head, why would anyone listen to him....Football players opinions on how teams are run by owners are like actors trying to tell a President how to run a country....Ludicrous !!!!

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep would get destroyed by the Cuban community in Miami after what he said about Fidel.

No way Miami signs him.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last couple of days, Sherman, Bennett, Malcolm Jenkins, many more in support.

Seems a common trait among them too. Black.

Even a stupid white boy like me can see that.

But of course it isn't a race thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.