• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forget Baltimore, Kaep fits perfectly in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess opinions vary on whether it's blackball I guess or nor. For example the Jets are mentioned as a team that should sign Kaep, because their QBs suck. Well what good does signing Kaep do them? Not much, maybe drop their draft spot one or three spots, not sure the Jets feel that makes sense. The backup QB position is one where lots of teams want to go cheap on, so to be able to resign a good player. Thus the two teams that talked to Kaep signed about the least expensive option they could find. Personally feel it's much ado over nothing. Kaep isn't a special type that's coming in a saving a season for a team, yet he's not going to sign for the minimum, least not yet. I don't see blackballing, I see teams doing what they feel in the team best interest.
Yeah, I definitely don't believe this is classic blackball collusion like the classic sports example of Curt Flood years ago. But while certain teams have mostly logical reasons to not sign Kaepernick (Chiefs, Patriots, Bears, true tank teams like the Jets, 49ers, teams developing their new QB like the Rams, and a few others who have good reasons to not sign Kaepernick) Other teams have much less so an excuse like the Jags. The pricetag concern was an understandable one in say, April, when the pay of a bottom tier starter was around 13-15M AAV. That's insanity for a backup. In August, he'd probably cost just about the vet minimum at this point.

Some teams I think he'd be quite useful for right now if I am right about his August pricetag excluding teams that are explicitly trying to lose like the Jets and 49ers:

Jaguars
Ravens
Chargers (bad backup on potential playoff team)
Seahawks (Boykin drama makes sense here)
Bucs (Ryan Fitzpatrick is not better than Kaep)
Colts (Tolzien is a terrible backup and Luck may be hurt, another Grigson legacy blunder)
Bills (EJ Manuel is again, a terrible backup)
Titans (Cassel is horriawful)
Cowboys (Kellen Moore is again, terrible)
Falcons (Schaub is burnt toast)
Panthers (Bad backup yet again)

Tried to be reasonably conservative with this list.

Call it individuals passing on Kaepernick or a loose form of blackballing, it's the same to me when it's part of one organization, the NFL. Kaep just isn't that talented and his market was never going to be huge, but I don't think it's entirely much ado about nothing when the GM and HC in Baltimore were open to the idea of signing Kaep, and the owner reportedly shuts it down either. It's really just all a hot mess to me. Doesn't get me worked up given he's not very good, but again, I am not a fan of what this represents when the Tyreek Hills, Greg Hardy, and Brandon Marshalls of the world are allowed in the league while Kaep isn't when he is obviously rosterable.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I definitely don't believe this is classic blackball collusion like the classic sports example of Curt Flood years ago. But while certain teams have mostly logical reasons to not sign Kaepernick (Chiefs, Patriots, Bears, true tank teams like the Jets, 49ers, teams developing their new QB like the Rams, and a few others who have good reasons to not sign Kaepernick) Other teams have much less so an excuse like the Jags. The pricetag concern was an understandable one in say, April, when the pay of a bottom tier starter was around 13-15M AAV. That's insanity for a backup. In August, he'd probably cost just about the vet minimum at this point.

Some teams I think he'd be quite useful for right now if I am right about his August pricetag excluding teams that are explicitly trying to lose like the Jets and 49ers:

Jaguars
Ravens
Chargers (bad backup on potential playoff team)
Seahawks (Boykin drama makes sense here)
Bucs (Ryan Fitzpatrick is not better than Kaep)
Colts (Tolzien is a terrible backup and Luck may be hurt, another Grigson legacy blunder)
Bills (EJ Manuel is again, a terrible backup)
Titans (Cassel is horriawful)
Cowboys (Kellen Moore is again, terrible)
Falcons (Schaub is burnt toast)
Panthers (Bad backup yet again)

Tried to be reasonably conservative with this list.

Call it individuals passing on Kaepernick or a loose form of blackballing, it's the same to me when it's part of one organization, the NFL. Kaep just isn't that talented and his market was never going to be huge, but I don't think it's entirely much ado about nothing when the GM and HC in Baltimore were open to the idea of signing Kaep, and the owner reportedly shuts it down either. It's really just all a hot mess to me. Doesn't get me worked up given he's not very good, but again, I am not a fan of what this represents when the Tyreek Hills, Greg Hardy, and Brandon Marshalls of the world are allowed in the league while Kaep isn't when he is obviously rosterable.

Have to disagree about the price tag not being a important factor. Nobody knows what Kaeps price tag is, but we know that the teams that talked to him signed dirt cheap backups options. In sense they took the PR hit when they open talks with him, then went cheap. So IMO the cost indeed was a factor.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree about the price tag not being a important factor. Nobody knows what Kaeps price tag is, but we know that the teams that talked to him signed dirt cheap backups options. In sense they took the PR hit when they open talks with him, then went cheap. So IMO the cost indeed was a factor.
Like I said- I could totally believe that in April. In August? Hard sell for me.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the date matter? You convince Kaep is ready to sign for league minimum? I don't.
Scarcity primarily- that drives the market first, even before talent. That's just basic economics. A guy goes down and someone will definitely get signed normally; even if the option is actually quite bad like Jay Cutler. Why would a team pay the full dollar for a guy who wasn't even in OTA's? It can be done ala Nick Foles last year, but it's definitely not ideal. I am just skeptical of this idea. Without a solid answer or leak we can't be 100% sure, but I do think occam's razor is closer to my end of things with Kaep than not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scarcity primarily- that drives the market first, even before talent. That's just basic economics. A guy goes down and someone will definitely get signed normally; even if the option is actually quite bad like Jay Cutler. Why would a team pay the full dollar for a guy who wasn't even in OTA's? It can be done ala Nick Foles last year, but it's definitely not ideal. I am just skeptical of this idea. Without a solid answer or leak we can't be 100% sure, but I do think occam's razor is closer to my end of things with Kaep than not.
Because teams aren't banking on their backup QB. They are ready to roll with development types or super cheap vets. Got to save that money to resign players that actually matter to them. If their starter goes down, then punt the season and reload next season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because teams aren't banking on their backup QB. They are ready to roll with development types or super cheap vets. Got to save that money to resign players that actually matter to them. If their starter goes down, then punt the season and reload next season.
I mean I would agree with this, but then teams like the Miami Dolphins go out and sign Cutler or trade for Sam Bradford.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you do my friend, always defending Flacco. Difference is our QB has done something never done before by any player, any position. 7 SB's, 5 Lombardi and 11 CG's. That 25 pt comeback with 19 min or so was pretty supernatural to us

Actually I don't....I defend what he has accomplished and that he is a really good qb....Never said great, but he ain't done yet so the door is still open....
As far as Brady, he has done something no other qb has done before, reaped from a team that is known throughout the league as cheaters and been fined from the owner to the coach to a suspension and lost numerous draft picks as a result of it...Those 5 rings are nothing more than cosmetic jewelry to everyone except Pats fans old buddy....Clyde Barrow was a famous bank robber, does that make him a financial genius ?????:noidea:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I don't....I defend what he has accomplished and that he is a really good qb....Never said great, but he ain't done yet so the door is still open....
As far as Brady, he has done something no other qb has done before, reaped from a team that is known throughout the league as cheaters and been fined from the owner to the coach to a suspension and lost numerous draft picks as a result of it...Those 5 rings are nothing more than cosmetic jewelry to everyone except Pats fans old buddy....Clyde Barrow was a famous bank robber, does that make him a financial genius ?????:noidea:

Bro you sound like an 8 yr old kid with that cheater shit but that's what happens to old folks, they digress. If you think that under inflated balls benefits a QB, guess you haven't thrown one, they become ducks. He went like 12-12 in 3rd Q when they put the correct air in and only threw 2 picks in 12 reg seaso games last year, so maybe Brady is a dope and helped other teams. And Bill was definitely a dope for filming on the sidelines when he could have from the box stands . It would be like mentioning Lewis with deer antler spray and Ngata for PED's for Balt winning the tainted SB, sounds dumb right?. I live in the real world and know every team or player tries to get an advantage

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro you sound like an 8 yr old kid with that cheater shit but that's what happens to old folks, they digress. If you think that under inflated balls benefits a QB, guess you haven't thrown one, they become ducks. He went like 12-12 in 3rd Q when they put the correct air in and only threw 2 picks in 12 reg seaso games last year, so maybe Brady is a dope and helped other teams. And Bill was definitely a dope for filming on the sidelines when he could have from the box stands . It would be like mentioning Lewis with deer antler spray and Ngata for PED's for Balt winning the tainted SB, sounds dumb right?. I live in the real world and know every team or player tries to get an advantage

No comparison sonny, Ray was never suspended for anything and the Deer Antler spray was a farce...Ngata got suspended for 4 games and he was gone the next yr.....If deflated footballs are no advantage in cold weather than the sky ain't blue....Take a deep breathe of real life and quit making excuses for all their infractions if you want to be realistic as you say !!!!...:photo::spy:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the Saints defense that gave up more pts in the NFL than any team except the 49ers & Browns? So getting blown out by quality teams is a good sign & garbage stats prove exactly what? I will give you a handful of those games, but you were making a case that he was a good as many starters last season in the NFL. Sorry - not buying it & it has nothing to do with what he does during the National Anthem. You need to start actually analyzing actual play & not relying on raw stats.

Not relying on raw stats, you pointed out one game that I brought up. New Orleans was a terrible defense but I brought it up because you said his stats were only during blowouts, which were garbage stats, or against terrible teams. The Saints have a horrible defense but were still a playoff team up until Week 15. I'm making the case that he was not as bad as everyone here is saying he is.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it a black ball when each individual owner has a say in who does or does not play on his team?

So the NFL as an organization doesn't influence each individual owner at all? I have a hard time believing that every owner in the NFL doesn't want to sign Colin Kaepernick and would rather have a guy from the fucking Arena Football League. It's because of his protests. I get it. It's because of his childish antics with the socks and castro shirt. I get it. But he's more than making up for that by his community service, charitable donations and his Know Your Rights camp that shows communities how to get a proper education, amongst other things, and also how to handle an interaction with law inforcement. Michael Vick got a second chance when he killed dogs, Colin Kaepernick can get a second chance for speaking his mind, especially if he's showing that he is putting actions and money where his protests were.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that puts it into perspective the most for me is the Seahawks GM said, ""The thing that maybe is a misconception is he's a really, really nice man and he has his thoughts, he has his plan and it's one of those things where it's right time, right fit and I'm sure he's going to find it."

Yet, they went with signing Austin Davis, a guy who was undrafted in 2012 and has played for 5 teams in those 5 years. 10 starts, 13 TDs, 12 INTs, 3-7 win loss record. That's why I think it's a blackball. Colt McCoy, as much as I like the guy, is 7-18 as a starter and he's a backup for Washington. Josh McCown is 18-42 and he's probably gonna be the STARTER for the Jets. Blaine Gabbert is 9-31 as a starter, backup for Arizona. Dustin Vaughn, an injury prone QB with NO game play, has a job as the 3rd string, possibly backup with Flacco's injury, for the Ravens. I get my opinion is in the minority, but how can you justify guys like Joe Mixon, Dez Bryant, Brandon Marshall and Michael Vick getting chances after committing violent crimes where violence was inflicted against other people, but Colin Kaepernick spoke his mind, peacefully protested injustices in this country, and he get shut out by every team in the NFL. It's not fair, it doesn't make sense and it's complete bullshit. Yes, I get the pig socks, the Castro shirt, his GF's comments on twitter, but there are two GMs in the NFL that say his commitment is to the NFL and that he will be playing in the league, yet don't sign him when he's clearly better than who they ended up signing? Something is fishy there.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NFL as an organization doesn't influence each individual owner at all? I have a hard time believing that every owner in the NFL doesn't want to sign Colin Kaepernick and would rather have a guy from the fucking Arena Football League. It's because of his protests. I get it. It's because of his childish antics with the socks and castro shirt. I get it. But he's more than making up for that by his community service, charitable donations and his Know Your Rights camp that shows communities how to get a proper education, amongst other things, and also how to handle an interaction with law inforcement. Michael Vick got a second chance when he killed dogs, Colin Kaepernick can get a second chance for speaking his mind, especially if he's showing that he is putting actions and money where his protests were.

You'd be wrong, he doesn't stop......
Did his slut ass girlfriend just call the owner of the Ravens a slave trader, and Ray Lewis his little monkey????
And he had no problem making ask his other bullshit public.....had he made his charity work public????
I haven't heard about it.
Oh wait did you mean his contribution was he didn't vote.....

If Krappernick not getting signed rustles your jimmies so much, boycott the NFL.

As much of a fat head as Krappernick is, you can bank on he is asking to much just to be a backup.
That coupled with he's an idiot...no job.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be wrong, he doesn't stop......
Did his slut ass girlfriend just call the owner of the Ravens a slave trader, and Ray Lewis his little monkey????
And he had no problem making ask his other bullshit public.....had he made his charity work public????
I haven't heard about it.
Oh wait did you mean his contribution was he didn't vote.....

If Krappernick not getting signed rustles your jimmies so much, boycott the NFL.

As much of a fat head as Krappernick is, you can bank on he is asking to much just to be a backup.
That coupled with he's an idiot...no job.

See you don't even know what he's been doing. Of course all of his charitable donations and his community work is public. You haven't heard about it because you've already made up your mind about him based on his pig socks and his Castro shirt so you don't do the research to have an educated conversation about what the guy has done since he opted out of his contract. His website says it all.

Kaepernick7.com.

Do your own research on the man and what he's doing for communities in need, families in need and what he's doing to better educate the younger generation in communities.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't get me worked up given he's not very good, but again, I am not a fan of what this represents when the Tyreek Hills, Greg Hardy, and Brandon Marshalls of the world are allowed in the league while Kaep isn't when he is obviously rosterable.

Hill, Hardy, and Marshall aren't game day distractions. He's not very good and he's a distraction. Not a desirable combo. The ultimate team sport and you got a guy telling everyone "look at me, I'm anti-America." Pffft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what he's doing to better educate the younger generation in communities.

Please make him stop. The young kids in those communities have it hard enough. They don't need to have the same stupid thoughts Kaepernick has.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill, Hardy, and Marshall aren't game day distractions. He's not very good and he's a distraction. Not a desirable combo. The ultimate team sport and you got a guy telling everyone "look at me, I'm anti-America." Pffft.
Kaepernick is not a gameday distraction either by any indication at the ground level. The only distraction thus far has been from owners.

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraperdick also was 26th out of 30 in completion percentage, 30th out of 30 in YPG, Tied for 9th in sacked the most, 24th out of 30 in YPA.

Some people think he's good. But those people are probably racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.