• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forget Baltimore, Kaep fits perfectly in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Flacco never gets it back and @Oldschool739 makes it to the insane asylum!!!!!

Well unlike the dysfunctional Cheatriot fans, I don't worship our QB like he's supernatural.....
But it's gonna be mass hysteria in NE when grandpa Walton Brady rides off on John Deere this season, never to return.....

Woops, there goes Southie.....

giphy.gif

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unlike the dysfunctional Cheatriot fans, I don't worship our QB like he's supernatural.....
But it's gonna be mass hysteria in NE when grandpa Walton Brady rides off on John Deere this season, never to return.....

Woops, there goes OS.....

giphy.gif

Sorry you missed your chance to get Cutler. There's always Kaep! Go ahead, he's waiting for your call!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you missed your chance to get Cutler. There's always Kaep! Go ahead, he's waiting for your call!

No he's waiting for BB to call him as soon as they get all of Brady's old broken body parts off the field, because he knows he's better than Gadropalo.....:plotting:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Woops, there goes Southie.....

giphy.gif

Actually you do my friend, always defending Flacco. Difference is our QB has done something never done before by any player, any position. 7 SB's, 5 Lombardi and 11 CG's. That 25 pt comeback with 19 min or so was pretty supernatural to us

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I wasn't just looking at how the defense did in a single game against one of the very best teams in the league to gauge how good they were.

In 2011, the 49ers defense was 2nd in points allowed.
In 2012, 2nd in points allowed.
In 2013, 3rd in points allowed.
In 2014, 10th in points allowed.

The defense wasn't the problem. At all.
Well I figured when you said "The defense carried a mediocre QB through the playoffs." You were referring to how they played in the playoffs. Silly me. And in 2012, they were 2nd in points allowed overall, but from the point Kaepernick took over in Week 11 to the end of the season, they were 13th in points allowed and 9th in points scored.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaep fits in right where he is, an unemployed activist.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I figured when you said "The defense carried a mediocre QB through the playoffs." You were referring to how they played in the playoffs. Silly me. And in 2012, they were 2nd in points allowed overall, but from the point Kaepernick took over in Week 11 to the end of the season, they were 13th in points allowed and 9th in points scored.

From the regular season through the playoffs, yes.

Fine, I'll admit that he looked good when he first came into the lineup. But looking over the rest of his career, it's clear to me that it was a gimmick. He was a dual threat one-read quarterback, and it worked, until coaching staffs figured out how to stop him. His yards per attempt go down every single year and then saw a slight improvement last year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 TDs. 4 INTs. 90.7 QB rating which was better than Philip Rivers, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco and Carson Wentz. He had a better TD% than Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Kirk Cousins, Matt Stafford, Cam Newton and Russell Wilson last year. One of the lowest INT% in the league last year (1.2%), which was better than Matt Ryan (1.3%). Kaepernick got sacked less than Matt Ryan as well. So yes, there are statistics that hurt him, but there are also lots that show that he's still got what it takes to be a starter in the NFL.

San Francisco 49ers 2016 Schedule - 49ers Home and Away - ESPN

LOL - ridiculously misleading stats. Take a look at the 49ers last season & the games involving Kaepernick. He put up most of those stats either in blowouts (i.e. garbage time stats) or games against horrible teams (Jets, Rams). Tons of QBs could have done the same. Bortles did a similar thing last season & he played horribly.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL - ridiculously misleading stats. Take a look at the 49ers last season & the games involving Kaepernick. He put up most of those stats either in blowouts (i.e. garbage time stats) or games against horrible teams (Jets, Rams). Tons of QBs could have done the same. Bortles did a similar thing last season & he played horribly.

398 yards against the Saints (which was 7 point game going into the 4th quarter), 296 passing and 113 rushing against Miami who was a playoff team (Kaepernick was stopped at the 2 yard line for a game tying TD as time expired), 215 passing yards against Seattle who was a playoff team (game decided by 2 points. 85 rushing yards against Tampa Bay, he threw 2 TDs against both teams that made it to the Super Bowl, 5 of the 11 games he started were decided by 1 TD or less. These aren't ridiculously misleading stats, you need to look more in depth into the stats instead of looking at all the losses and cherry-picking out the 3 games against horrible teams. Kaepernick played against 3 garbage teams. Jets, Bears and Rams. His other starts were against teams who were in the playoff hunt by the last week of the season, teams who made the playoffs or teams who were 1 win off of a .500 record.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
398 yards against the Saints (which was 7 point game going into the 4th quarter), 296 passing and 113 rushing against Miami who was a playoff team (Kaepernick was stopped at the 2 yard line for a game tying TD as time expired), 215 passing yards against Seattle who was a playoff team (game decided by 2 points. 85 rushing yards against Tampa Bay, he threw 2 TDs against both teams that made it to the Super Bowl, 5 of the 11 games he started were decided by 1 TD or less. These aren't ridiculously misleading stats, you need to look more in depth into the stats instead of looking at all the losses and cherry-picking out the 3 games against horrible teams. Kaepernick played against 3 garbage teams. Jets, Bears and Rams. His other starts were against teams who were in the playoff hunt by the last week of the season, teams who made the playoffs or teams who were 1 win off of a .500 record.

Does this mean you'll sign the petition and boycott the NFL if Krappernick doesn't get signed????

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean you'll sign the petition and boycott the NFL if Krappernick doesn't get signed????

As much as I don't think it's fair that Kaepernick doesn't have a job and I think it's a complete black ball of Colin Kaepernick, I'm not going that far lol

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean the Saints defense that gave up more pts in the NFL than any team except the 49ers & Browns? So getting blown out by quality teams is a good sign & garbage stats prove exactly what? I will give you a handful of those games, but you were making a case that he was a good as many starters last season in the NFL. Sorry - not buying it & it has nothing to do with what he does during the National Anthem. You need to start actually analyzing actual play & not relying on raw stats.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watched almost all the games the past few years. With Kaep last year it was the inconsistency. He would often have a good quarter or maybe even good half of play and then follow it up with a poor quarter or half. And because of the inconsistency, might march halfway down the field then kill a drive with an errand pass. I think comparing those two QBs today isn't saying much because neither has been very good. Was never a Flacco fan

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I don't think it's fair that Kaepernick doesn't have a job and I think it's a complete black ball of Colin Kaepernick, I'm not going that far lol

How is it a black ball when each individual owner has a say in who does or does not play on his team?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actually do have a guy on the site who is claiming to do that. I hardly ever see him on the NFL forum though so /shrugs.

Exactly why I asked.....
I mean if people are so concerned with the treatment of Krappernick, why not give up the NFL.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it a black ball when each individual owner has a say in who does or does not play on his team?
It's not collusion proper ala Curt Flood, but it's definitely a kind of blackballing, imo. He's a douche and not very good so I am not real worked up about it like some are- but I do think he'd be in the NFL if he didn't fuck around doing stupid shit (and no it isn't protesting brutality) can't say I like what that represents in a league with Tyreek Hills, Brandon Marshall, Greg Hardy, etc.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not collusion proper ala Curt Flood, but it's definitely a kind of blackballing, imo. He's a douche and not very good so I am not real worked up about it like some are- but I do think he'd be in the NFL if he didn't fuck around doing stupid shit (and no it isn't protesting brutality) can't say I like what that represents in a league with Tyreek Hills, Brandon Marshall, Greg Hardy, etc.

I said before, if he'd of left it at just the kneeling to get his point across, he'd probably be playing.
But add in the pig socks, the Castro shirt, and now his girlfriend calling the Ravens owner a slave owner and Ray Lewis his pet monkey.....this guy just can't keep his dumb Shit out of the whole dealings and these owners don't want to deal with it unless they absolutely have to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess opinions vary on whether it's blackball I guess or nor. For example the Jets are mentioned as a team that should sign Kaep, because their QBs suck. Well what good does signing Kaep do them? Not much, maybe drop their draft spot one or three spots, not sure the Jets feel that makes sense. The backup QB position is one where lots of teams want to go cheap on, so to be able to resign a good player. Thus the two teams that talked to Kaep signed about the least expensive option they could find. Personally feel it's much ado over nothing. Kaep isn't a special type that's coming in a saving a season for a team, yet he's not going to sign for the minimum, least not yet. I don't see blackballing, I see teams doing what they feel in the team best interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.