• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forget Baltimore, Kaep fits perfectly in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with your assessment is highlighted....

Joe came into this league with all eyes and attention on Matt Ryan that yr....Got thrown in the fire first yr had to start, took us to the AFCCG that yr and 2 more times during his 1st 5 yrs with playoff wins in all and a SB run that was matched only by the GOAT Montana, 11 TD's 0 INT'S and SB MVP with the win...Just luck I guess....
More wins in 1st 5 yrs than any qb in the league except for Brady, just luck I guess.....
That SB run was beating a red hot Colt team at home, going into #2 seed Denver and knocking off PM and the #1 D.....Going into #1 seed NE and dismantling the Brady Bunch, just luck I guess !!!
And then going into NO as an underdog and having to sit through a bazaar 34 minute delay in the second half after we was destroying them, withstood a gallant come back and still won the game....Yeah, I guess he is a pretty lucky guy.....
I'm sure a lot of teams in the league this yr, and Atlanta last yr, wish they had him, after all he is one lucky Joe !!!! :rolleyes2:
It's all about how many rings or cups a player wins, always has been. I don't see any more fire in Flacco but at least he has a ring. Romo stayed too long in Dallas as well and he was revered there, for some reason.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about how many rings or cups a player wins, always has been. I don't see any more fire in Flacco but at least he has a ring. Romo stayed too long in Dallas as well and he was revered there, for some reason.

Well Brett Favre , Aaron Rodgers, Johnny Unitas all only won 1 each, the same as Flacco....And Dan Marino never won any....So then by your analysis Joe is as good as all of these and better than Marino !!!!
I don't think he's better than any of them but he is just as accomplished .....

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Brett Favre , Aaron Rodgers, Johnny Unitas all only won 1 each, the same as Flacco....i

and Trent Dilford and Doug Williams and Jeff Hosteltler. Yes, they all won one. How much of an impact did they make though? Even though Dan Marino didn't win a single ring and that must kill him every day, he still made way more of an impact in MIA than Flacco ever will in Baltimore with his one ring.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I like that like.

Cause it wasn't meant as a sympathetic comment to the haters.

Us whiteys don't get it. I'm pretty sure of that.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very nice job of cherry-picking stats.

I could cherry pick stats too, and point out how Jay was 35-20 under Lovie Smith. 28-13 in 10, 11 and 12 with a top 10 defense backing him. While also being 38-7 when his D surrendered 20 points or less throughout his career.

How funny that you also neglect to mention that they both have virtually the same winning percentage. .489 and .482.

Everybody cherry picks stats in every single argument. People don't point out bad stats to support the other persons argument, they point out the stats that support their argument. It's the job of the person they are debating against to point out the other side of those stats.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Cherry-picking stats isn't going to change that. Nor is your seamless transition from "in the league" to "in the NFC" because it sounds better.

The 49ers offense was 27th in points last year. If he was so great, then explain to me why our offense (whose task is to score points), did not score many points. To me, the single most important position responsible for that, is the quarterback.

Here are some more numbers for you:

In 2015, the 49ers were dead last in points.

In 2014, the 49ers were 25th.

In 2013, the 49ers were 24th.

They did well when Kaep came in and just went downhill from there.

The 49ers as a whole team are fucking trash. They are the worst in practically everything. Kaepernick's stats last year shows me that he's still got it but the team around him was not a good supporting cast.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers as a whole team are fucking trash. They are the worst in practically everything. Kaepernick's stats last year shows me that he's still got it but the team around him was not a good supporting cast.

Yup, the team is trash.

His stats last year were not impressive. The offense was ranked 27th in the league in points and his yards per attempt (a stat I like to use) is 24th in the league. People are enamored with his speed and his lack of interceptions last year and they completely ignore the fact that he was not making plays or driving this team to scoring points.

Looking at how he has played historically, it's obvious to me that he was the one holding the offense back. Not the other way around.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Trent Dilford and Doug Williams and Jeff Hosteltler. Yes, they all won one. How much of an impact did they make though? Even though Dan Marino didn't win a single ring and that must kill him every day, he still made way more of an impact in MIA than Flacco ever will in Baltimore with his one ring.

But how many of those guys were named MVP after the win ???
Hello, that means he was the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, I do believe that includes impacting the game....
Marino had a HOF coach and a bunch of great players around him and still did not win a SB....
Joe may not be as talented as Marino was, but he has been and is just as impactful to this team.....
Make up your mind, first it's about rings and then it ain't !!!! :doh:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how many of those guys were named MVP after the win ???
Hello, that means he was the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, I do believe that includes impacting the game....
Marino had a HOF coach and a bunch of great players around him and still did not win a SB....
Joe may not be as talented as Marino was, but he has been and is just as impactful to this team.....
Make up your mind, first it's about rings and then it ain't !!!! :doh:
It's all about the rings/cups/championships. Marino is the best QB who never won the big game. When we talk all time great QB's at the bar, his name never comes up because of the lack of championships. Flacco is viewed as a one hit wonder. He won the big game, collected a 100M payday then drifted to mediocrity.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the rings/cups/championships. Marino is the best QB who never won the big game. When we talk all time great QB's at the bar, his name never comes up because of the lack of championships. Flacco is viewed as a one hit wonder. He won the big game, collected a 100M payday then drifted to mediocrity.

Only by haters or people that aren't qualified to know....You can rest assured that our F.O don't give players the elite contract unless they are convinced with all their knowledge and expert supporters that he is that player....
Especially Ozzie Newsome who is known for being conservative even cheap about it....
He was gonna let Ray Lewis walk when he wanted his second contract and did let Ed Reed walk when he wanted more than he felt he was worth....
Fans are fans, that's what we do, but coaches, owners, GM's, scouts, agents all know a lot more than we do and they make better decisions than we do....That's what they do !!!
Aaron Rodgers is arguably the best qb in the league and he hasn't won anymore big games than Flacco, has only 1 ring and MVP, like Flacco....And had the luxury of sitting 3 yrs under Favre before he stepped into a championship team around him....
He thinks Flacco is elite !!!.....But what does he know, he's only an elite qb in the NFL with inside knowledge and expertise ?????? :rolleyes2:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Tebow was an athlete pretending to be a QB also but everyone was on his dick after 1 successful playoff win.
He never started another game in the NFL after that legendary OT win over the Steelers. Really wasn't given much of a chance with the Jets/Pats/Eagles.

He is playing well for the Mets in the minors however.

Can Kaep hit a curveball?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only by haters or people that aren't qualified to know....You can rest assured that our F.O don't give players the elite contract unless they are convinced with all their knowledge and expert supporters that he is that player....
Especially Ozzie Newsome who is known for being conservative even cheap about it....
He was gonna let Ray Lewis walk when he wanted his second contract and did let Ed Reed walk when he wanted more than he felt he was worth....
Fans are fans, that's what we do, but coaches, owners, GM's, scouts, agents all know a lot more than we do and they make better decisions than we do....That's what they do !!!
Aaron Rodgers is arguably the best qb in the league and he hasn't won anymore big games than Flacco, has only 1 ring and MVP, like Flacco....And had the luxury of sitting 3 yrs under Favre before he stepped into a championship team around him....
He thinks Flacco is elite !!!.....But what does he know, he's only an elite qb in the NFL with inside knowledge and expertise ?????? :rolleyes2:
Since the Ravens last won the SB, they've missed the playoffs 3 of 4 seasons. It's got nothing to do with haters. If you're happy with that then let's call Flacco elite and be done with it. Not sure the "elite" bar is very high anymore anyway.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on Milwaukee radio that Gase knows Cutler so well that Miami may call Cutler from their time together in Chicago.

I guess post 13 back on Thursday had it right even though after checking the NFL home page there they say Miami is interested in Cutler but does not indicate there is any done deal on the NFL home page

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Ravens last won the SB, they've missed the playoffs 3 of 4 seasons. It's got nothing to do with haters. If you're happy with that then let's call Flacco elite and be done with it. Not sure the "elite" bar is very high anymore anyway.

1 play away from going to playoffs last yr after a season of devastating injuries to key players that none were 100% recovered....And last time I checked , it takes a team of good players to win, not just a qb, Flacco threw for record 4k+ yards last yr to less than stellar wr's beings Smitty was 80%....
I couldn't care less if he's considered elite, he's a winner and a dangerous man if he gets in the playoffs....Some call him flip switch Flacco when he does....Holds a 10-5 post season record with more road wins than anyone 7....
5 PS appearances , 3 AFCCG's, and 1 SB MVP in 9 yrs .... Yeah, he's a bum !!!! :crazy::rolleyes2:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 play away from going to playoffs last yr after a season of devastating injuries to key players that none were 100% recovered....And last time I checked , it takes a team of good players to win, not just a qb, Flacco threw for record 4k+ yards last yr to less than stellar wr's beings Smitty was 80%....
I couldn't care less if he's considered elite, he's a winner and a dangerous man if he gets in the playoffs....Some call him flip switch Flacco when he does....Holds a 10-5 post season record with more road wins than anyone 7....
5 PS appearances , 3 AFCCG's, and 1 SB MVP in 9 yrs .... Yeah, he's a bum !!!! :crazy::rolleyes2:
Never said he was a bum, just not one of the really great ones. And as for the 4k yards passing single season, while good, that puts him in 159th place in the NFL. Are you seeing HOF?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never started another game in the NFL after that legendary OT win over the Steelers. Really wasn't given much of a chance with the Jets/Pats/Eagles.

I don't know but if he can't, You're a racist !!!!! tweet tweet..:dhd:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said he was a bum, just not one of the really great ones. And as for the 4k yards passing single season, while good, that puts him in 159th place in the NFL. Are you seeing HOF?

I guess you forgot it's just about the rings, huh ???.....He could win a few more before he's done and remember Marino got in without any rings !!!!!~
Joe is a really good qb without the flashy personality, Johnny U was the same way...I don't know or care if he makes the HOF or not but there are guys in there that were simply a one hit wonder, so it is possible even if he don't win another SB....
He's good enough, and his accomplishments bear that out....Joe Cool :cool:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is playing pretty well for them. Maybe baseball should of been his first sport lol. Last time I checked, Kaep doesn't need or want to hit a curveball. But he's a better QB than Tebow.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is playing pretty well for them. Maybe baseball should of been his first sport lol. Last time I checked, Kaep doesn't need or want to hit a curveball. But he's a better QB than Tebow.
Lol- granted he was terrible at the previous level, but fuck it, it's a fun story. I do suspect he had an outside chance of a legit MLB career if he started day 1. Not a good chance, but we'll almost certainly never know.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you forgot it's just about the rings, huh ???.....He could win a few more before he's done and remember Marino got in without any rings !!!!!~
Joe is a really good qb without the flashy personality, Johnny U was the same way...I don't know or care if he makes the HOF or not but there are guys in there that were simply a one hit wonder, so it is possible even if he don't win another SB....
He's good enough, and his accomplishments bear that out....Joe Cool :cool:

I wish you the best of luck Oldschool. I hope he gets his mojo back and makes it to the hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.