• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forget Baltimore, Kaep fits perfectly in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a perfect fit in Gase's system, and he has very similar physical tools to Tannehill. He can obviously run the read option, roll-out, throw on the run... etc...

I believe Kaep is a very serviceable QB, and this could be the best thing to happen to him. If Miami is willing to bring him in. In back-to-back seasons, Gase made Jay Cutler and Ryan Tannehill look like good QB's. I don't see why he cannot service Kaep in the same manner.

What's funny is. Cutler talked about something like this happening, and said he could have been lured back if the right situation was offered. However, when he signed the contract with FOX, that was the end of it.

There couldn't be a better situation for him than this. An 11 win team last year, with the one offensive coordinator that he truly hit it off with, serving as their HC. However, I don't think he can get out of the FOX contract.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase isn't that stupid. Kaep is fucking terrible.

He and RG3 and Johnny Manziel are all out of the league because they can't run a real offense.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Structural damage for Tannehill just came accross the wire

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any place was going to be a "distraction" with Kaep, it'd almost have to be Miami. Kiko Alonso made it a point to whack him last year.

Vamos Coño... anyone else remember that?

With that said, Kaep should go to Baltimore, imo if things were rational. Miami maybe, maybe not depending on how they feel about Moore and Tannehill's health.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase isn't that stupid. Kaep is fucking terrible.

He and RG3 and Johnny Manziel are all out of the league because they can't run a real offense.

You're an idiot for putting Kaep and Manziel in the same fucking sentence.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep's only chance is to say "I did it all for a dumb bitch, but turns out that bitch was crazy. Now I see the light. Go America!"

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep threw 16 TD's to just 4 INT's last season......if Manziel had ever done anything remotely close to that he'd still be in the League.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep's only chance is to say "I did it all for a dumb bitch, but turns out that bitch was crazy. Now I see the light. Go America!"
Bringing attention (even if oafishly) to police brutality probably isn't the worst thing in the world. Now the Castro shirt would piss off some people, especially in Miami.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep threw 16 TD's to just 4 INT's last season......if Manziel had ever done anything remotely close to that he'd still be in the League.

And this is a huge reason Kaep should still be on a team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a perfect fit in Gase's system, and he has very similar physical tools to Tannehill. He can obviously run the read option, roll-out, throw on the run... etc...

I believe Kaep is a very serviceable QB, and this could be the best thing to happen to him. If Miami is willing to bring him in. In back-to-back seasons, Gase made Jay Cutler and Ryan Tannehill look like good QB's. I don't see why he cannot service Kaep in the same manner.

What's funny is. Cutler talked about something like this happening, and said he could have been lured back if the right situation was offered. However, when he signed the contract with FOX, that was the end of it.

There couldn't be a better situation for him than this. An 11 win team last year, with the one offensive coordinator that he truly hit it off with, serving as their HC. However, I don't think he can get out of the FOX contract.

I heard on Milwaukee radio that Gase knows Cutler so well that Miami may call Cutler from their time together in Chicago.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing attention (even if oafishly) to police brutality probably isn't the worst thing in the world. Now the Castro shirt would piss off some people, especially in Miami.

I agree, and despite the fact that I don't agree with Kaep (in the least) on his social stances. I have no problem with his protesting. Freedom of speech is apart of what I love about this country, and that doesn't change when it comes from an angle I believe to be misguided. I think people viewed his kneeling for the anthem as being "anti-american" and his alignment with BLM, praising Fidel Castro and other far left figures... It didn't really help him any.

His issue isn't that he isn't good enough to get on a team. He is... Anybody who is honest knows this. It's that a backup QB's value, does not outweigh the distraction and PR circus he brings. It's like with that punter Chris Kluwe from Minnesota a couple of years back. He did all those protests for gay rights... etc... He was a pro bowler, but the league told him to beat it. A punter isn't an integral enough of a piece to a team where you're willing to tolerate a circus. Neither is a backup QB.

It's like Jerry Jones said, very honestly. There's certain people you'll tolerate more with, in order to have them on your team. A backup (or stop-gap) QB isn't one of them. There's other people at, or just below Kaep's skill level that don't bring that nonsense along with them. If there was a team who felt Kaep could be a centerpiece to their franchise, yeah... He'd have a team. However, he's not that good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on Milwaukee radio that Gase knows Cutler so well that Miami may call Cutler from their time together in Chicago.

Yeah, Jay arguably had his best season with Gase, and they got along extremely well.

The problem? Jay is under contract with FOX. That would be tough to get out of.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they'll call cutler before kaepernick. if cutler hangs up...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one who rationally breaks down the situation, putting their emotions aside would say Kaep does not belong on an NFL roster.

However, a backup or stop-gap 30 year old QB isn't worth the circus that Kaep brings along. There's other people at or around his skill level that don't bring that with them. That is... he isn't worth it, until he's absolutely needed. Which is why I have always maintained he'll find work when QB's start to go down in camp. Here we are... and wah-la!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll call cutler before kaepernick. if cutler hangs up...

I'm not an attorney, but legally... I'm not even sure Cutler could take the call. FOX has Jay lined up to begin his broadcasting career in a mere week. They're paying him handsomely to do so. The odds of them letting him bail now? I'd have to say they're non-existent.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really. Manziel also did not play in the NFL long enough to establish a "type of play".

He would have if he ended up with Harbaugh and Roman with the Niners.

Status
Not open for further replies.