• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forget Baltimore, Kaep fits perfectly in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an attorney, but legally... I'm not even sure Cutler could take the call. FOX has Jay lined up to begin his broadcasting career in a mere week. They're paying him handsomely to do so. The odds of them letting him bail now? I'd have to say they're non-existent.

Letting him?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have if he ended up with Harbaugh and Roman with the Niners.

From a physical stand-point, Manziel isn't really anything like Kaep. His sample size is just far too small, and couple that with the fact that he would have been a fall down drunk wherever he would have wound up... it's hard to say things would have ended differently. No matter the scenario you place him in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting him?

Yes... "letting him"... Are you familiar with legally binding contracts? lol. Cutler could not just walk away from FOX. They would have to give him permission to walk out on it, arrange some kind of a legal buy-out... etc...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a physical stand-point, Manziel isn't really anything like Kaep. His sample size is just far too small, and couple that with the fact that he would have been a fall down drunk wherever he would have wound up... it's hard to say things would have ended differently. No matter the scenario you place him in.

I agree with you there. Things would have ended the same as Keap.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes... "letting him"... Are you familiar with legally binding contracts? lol. Cutler could not just walk away from FOX. They would have to give him permission to walk out on it, arrange some kind of a legal buy-out... etc...

If you want to call terminating him for breach of contract, "letting him" then sure.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Cutler has a out in his contract with Fox. Otherwise why would he say he could be coaxed back in if the situation is right. Just guessing but that's how I took his comment.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Cutler has a out in his contract with Fox. Otherwise why would he say he could be coaxed back in if the situation is right. Just guessing but that's how I took his comment.
Yeah, makes no sense for there not to be. Good for business to keep him visible.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and despite the fact that I don't agree with Kaep (in the least) on his social stances. I have no problem with his protesting. Freedom of speech is apart of what I love about this country, and that doesn't change when it comes from an angle I believe to be misguided. I think people viewed his kneeling for the anthem as being "anti-american" and his alignment with BLM, praising Fidel Castro and other far left figures... It didn't really help him any.

I get the whole freedom of speech thing..........

But it wasn't. It was disrespecting the american flag and everything it stands for.

It was disrespecting all of the forces that died to protect this freedom.

Everytime i hear o'canada on tv i belt it loud and proud.

NO ONE SHOULD DISRESPECT THE FLAG

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His freedom to do just that.

I don't hear anthems on TV, it's why I record.

Skip right through them to them important stuff.

Johos sit for anthems, I can tolerate that a lot easier than them knocking on my door on a Saturday AM.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the whole freedom of speech thing..........

But it wasn't. It was disrespecting the american flag and everything it stands for.

It was disrespecting all of the forces that died to protect this freedom.

Everytime i hear o'canada on tv i belt it loud and proud.

NO ONE SHOULD DISRESPECT THE FLAG

I disagree. I believe what Kaep did was perfectly in the spirit of American values, and everything the flag stands for. However, I do realize we will never agree on this. So, I digress.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't. He outright said; "When I made the decision to sign with FOX. I knew it would be final, and there was no turning back."

In his own words, there is zero out.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, makes no sense for there not to be. Good for business to keep him visible.

He didn't. He outright said; "When I made the decision to sign with FOX. I knew it would be final, and there was no turning back."

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to call terminating him for breach of contract, "letting him" then sure.

Yeah... it's not that simple. FOX would subpoena Cutler to court, in a nano-second. He would wind up owing them a good amount of money. Unless there is some potential buy-out clause, which was agreed upon beforehand. However, it does not sound like this is the case.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap would really fit in at Washington,Philly, or the Giants. They could use Qb help

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Fox would give a shit, personally. People change their minds all the time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

K... well. I have no interest in talking football with somebody who is so blinded by his hatred of Kaep, that he feels his NFL career has been no more successful than Johnny Manziel.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fox would give a shit, personally. People change their minds all the time.

FOX would have a grand total of one week to find his replacement for the season. They've most likely already paid him a good deal of cash upon him signing. That would also have to be worked out. Which lands them both in court. Not quite as simple as "No hard feelings! Good luck!"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOX would have a grand total of one week to find his replacement for the season. They've most likely already paid him a good deal of cash upon him signing. That would also have to be worked out. Which lands them both in court. Not quite as simple as "No hard feelings! Good luck!"
Eh, they have plenty of personalities at Fox. They can live. Did ESPN wet themselves when Curt Schilling went full Curt Schilling on twitter? Nope. Good visibility for Fox. Really doubt they care so long as it's just a 1 year thing. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a clause in there. We haven't heard anything about it, but nothing to say it isn't there either.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, they have plenty of personalities at Fox. They can live. Did ESPN wet themselves when Curt Schilling went full Curt Schilling on twitter? Nope. Good visibility for Fox. Really doubt they care so long as it's just a 1 year thing. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a clause in there. We haven't heard anything about it, but nothing to say it isn't there either.

An employee ditching out on a contract, and termination of an employee are two pretty different things from a legal standpoint. However, I get your point, and fair enough. It sounds like Tannehill will be okay anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.